Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3746049)   #2576
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It certainly looked as though he was going massively too quickly. We were screaming at him watching from the screen in the Espace Club garden to slow down. He's a seriously experienced driver though - he would have known that.......
Wasn't he stuck in fifth gear though at the time?
Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3746087)   #2577
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, but I've read various reports about whether he had to go at that speed or not......
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3746127)   #2578
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Right, taken a while to digest that weekend. Couple of questions...

Did anyone in the tribunes see the Lapierre/Trummer incident? Saw one article online blaming Trummer but on the Lapierre onboard he seems to move over on the P2 leaving him nowhere to go.

How/where did James Calado stuff the front end of the #51 Ferrari early on in the race?
From what I heard on RLM. Lapierre was seen by a spectator to move over on Trummer when the other P2 came out of the pits.

#51 had a go and taking out the #90 TF Sport Aston. Think it might have been at one of the chicanes.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 17:56 (Ref:3746291)   #2579
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rebellion Not to Appeal 24H Le Mans Exclusion

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...ans-exclusion/
Old 24 Jun 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3746549)   #2580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there is not much they can do, but move on and do better next time
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3747102)   #2581
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!
a French video. The ACO as invited a man at the 24hrs and he has filmed is journey during the 24hrs.
i liked it :
https://youtu.be/E54RtPAJDkE

cheers
Old 27 Jun 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3747190)   #2582
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
Hi!
a French video. The ACO as invited a man at the 24hrs and he has filmed is journey during the 24hrs.
i liked it :
https://youtu.be/E54RtPAJDkE

cheers
Hey DJ where were you at the meeting time? We couldn't see you!! Were you lost in the crowd?
Regards
Old 28 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3747660)   #2583
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching some highlights and it played the conversation between seb buemi and his engineer prior to the problem, seb said there was a problem but nothing coming up on the engineers data, I wonder if this would of reduced the repair time or whether the whole thing would need changing regardless even if the problem was found earlier
Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3749428)   #2584
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few belated thoughts about the race. I initially found it hard to follow the second half of it. Couple of days later I appreciated it more. I like the race of attrition quite a lot, it is true endurance racing. The problem with this year’s Le Mans is that we had only 5 LMP1, not like 20, 30 as in the 80s and because of that 50% out meant no competition. Actually the drama of the No 1 Porsche saved the race in a way and provided a twist that produced last little question mark. I wanted Toyota to win, so it was much harder for me than for a Porsche fan, but just think how much better the race would be if we had i.e the 7 Toyota retiring just before the No 1 Porsche out, No 9. taking the lead and then going to garage with a problem or a damage and we would be counting laps for the No 2 Porsche to catch the Toyota, which would eventually become reality. The outcome of the race would be the same, Porsche win, but it would be so much more thrilling to watch and very Lemansy. Lots of possible cool scenarios.
Speaking about attrition, we had actually very few retirements and this is the same in last years. I kind of don’t like cars being pushed out of the gravel by marshals, even helped by the cranes and so on. Many cars had multiple offs. I think it was not allways like this and we had much more retirements for reasons other than reliability. I know it is drama for these crews but I think it would help the survivors if there was less cars on track which have no more chance to have a good outcome anyway. Much safer, less slow zones, safety cars and so on.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3787586)   #2585
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...77437270724609
Old 19 Dec 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3788104)   #2586
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018 Regulations

Regulations for next years race are now on the ACO website
Also confirmation of an Aston Martin Festival Support race
Old 19 Dec 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3788179)   #2587
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Thanks for the heads-up Mike!
Old 20 Dec 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3788280)   #2588
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must remember to watch it!
Old 29 Dec 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3789610)   #2589
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another AMR Festival means no TV coverage of the second support race... shame... and I bet the firsr RTLM race still gets no coverage for some reason.

By the way, the Duke Review for this year's race was pretty damn good with the integrated twitter and RLM 'studiovision' bits added in!
Old 29 Dec 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3789658)   #2590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Another AMR Festival means no TV coverage of the second support race... shame... and I bet the firsr RTLM race still gets no coverage for some reason.
Perhaps the TV baker Paul Hollywood will be in it again - might get some coverage then.......
Old 31 Dec 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3789978)   #2591
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
here is the link to the film

http://cetilarvillorbacorse.com/film/
Old 31 Dec 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3789983)   #2592
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I haven't watched it all yet, but despite the fact that I don't speak Italian, I'm really enjoying it. As one of those who do the whole event, from scrutineering on Sunday, it really catches some of the laid back atmosphere in the town before the race and in the pitlane before everything starts kicking off... Nice.
Old 2 Feb 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3797739)   #2593
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have a question about last year's race. In the past, as part of the starting procedure, the pitlane always opened some time prior to the final formation lap, allowing the cars to move off the echelon formation and to do one or two systems checking laps running through the pitlane before forming up on the grid in their qualifying positions. Now I was unusually down at the Ford Chicane last year (in Raccordement) and this didn't happen. The cars moved straight from their echelon formation onto the final formation lap - or did I dream it? If I didn't, does anyone know why? Rule change?
Old 2 Feb 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3797826)   #2594
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have a question about last year's race. In the past, as part of the starting procedure, the pitlane always opened some time prior to the final formation lap, allowing the cars to move off the echelon formation and to do one or two systems checking laps running through the pitlane before forming up on the grid in their qualifying positions. Now I was unusually down at the Ford Chicane last year (in Raccordement) and this didn't happen. The cars moved straight from their echelon formation onto the final formation lap - or did I dream it? If I didn't, does anyone know why? Rule change?
You didn't dream it, they moved from echelon straight to the final formation lap. I guess they've done the same as every other WEC race nowadays, the cars are parked in echelon and they set off from echelon straight to the formation lap there as well.

I don't mind it frankly. Maybe it's to avoid the complication of opening, closing and evacuating the grid twice.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3797977)   #2595
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Victor - it took us by surprise and I only remembered when I got to that bit in my 'story' (which is turning into a bit of a struggle to get done this year!).
Old 3 Feb 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3798007)   #2596
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
If #1 and #9 encounter problems, I think even #2 can still win it - if that one stays problem free.
I'm just trailing through the race thread to get some perspective on the timings of the Toyota disasters for my story and I came across this, posted by gert at midnight on race night.......