Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Lewis Hamilton 19 23.75%
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 12 15.00%
Felipe Massa 8 10.00%
Kevin Magnussen 2 2.50%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 30 37.50%
Sergio Perez 6 7.50%
Daniil Kvyat 2 2.50%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.25%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Sep 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3450919)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Italian Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3451008)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3451013)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnussen, because he was running 2nd in that McLaren and he fought very firmly but fairly with everyone.

Kudos to Hamilton, Massa, JB and Perez for that battle, and Ricciardo for those almighty overtakes...
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3451014)   #4
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Magnussen, because he was running 2nd in that McLaren and he fought very firmly but fairly with everyone.
he fought so fair, he got penalized for it

Ricciardo for me.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3451018)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Hard one.
Hamilton, Bottas, Ricciardo, Perez, and Magnussen all scored points and had performances where they did something that was outside or beyond the expectations of their cars, or they out performed their team mates performances, regardless of the final finishing order. Bottas was caught behind Hamilton's car problem at the start but recovered well, Hamilton recovered well, Perez outperformed Hulkenberg and dealt well with Button, Magnussen had an awesome start and drove excellently throughout the race (and didn't deserve the penalty), but Ricciardo was caught up in the start delay and then steadily worked out a really mature race with fantastic well executed passes, especially his teammate so he gets it...
Just an opinion.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3451020)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

Kudos to Hamilton, Massa, JB and Perez for that battle, and Ricciardo for those almighty overtakes...
Agree re Magnussen. If he got penalised for that, why wasn't Button penalised for running Perez over the curbs at Ascari? The decisions are appalling and the situation is not getting better at all.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3451021)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gave it to Lewis, but honourable mentions to Ricciardo, Bottas and Perez for some great racing....thought it a great race throughout....
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3451027)   #8
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Difficult decision. I picked Perez, for winning the most thrilling battle of the race, but any other day, Ricciardo and Bottas and maybe Hamilton could have won my vote as well.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3451030)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas, though he made a bad start he got himself back up to forth, pitted, then did it all over again.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3451044)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah - this is another tricky one to choose.

Hamilton - got pole and had the slight advantage of his teammate - but then had the bad start with the ERS and had to make his way back from 4th. Did some decent passes on Magnusson and Massa - then applied pressure to his teammate and - well won the race.

Massa - superb drive to 3rd. Really good to see him on the podium. Just keep up a strong performance throughout the race.

Bottas - got held up behind Hamilton at the start and so was on the backfoot. Made his way back up the grid - aided some what by a superior car - but never the less showed some talent on display there.

Perez - On shot tyres managed his battle with Button extremely well - and gave us a lot of entertainment.

Riccardio - Had a difficult start - I think he got compromised by Hamilton's bad one - and then had to make his way back. Yes, he was on a different strategy - but he made some very daring passes. Pulling off dummies at the second chicane proved his prowess. Plus, we saw another inter-team battle - well done for Red Bull for allowing them to race - if perhaps not quite a fair fight as Danny was on newer tyres.

I think I am going to have to give it to Danny Boy again. An impressive performance, because he did have to overcome some setbacks and did manage to overtake his teammate on a track that wasn't suited to Red Bull.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3451055)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps the sentimental choice, but Massa for me.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3451064)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really quite difficult - as others have said, lots of good drives, Hamilton, Massa, Bottas, Perez, Ricciardo.

I'll give mine to Daniel too great driving and he put his #2 team mate in his place yet again. Made me smile.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3451082)   #13
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniil Kvyat

No brainer for me;

started last due to no fault of his own
ran upto 11th (techincally 10th as he was inside the 5 sec pen time)
was right on the tail of the battle for 6th-10th
then showed some massive skills not to end up in the wall when the brakes failed!
Old 8 Sep 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3451163)   #14
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa for me, Kudos to everyone else.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3451174)   #15
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one wasn't as clear cut for me. Notable performances from Mr Hamilton (he did what he had to do to win, adding in a software glitch at the beginning). Mr Massa delivered a solid result, above his average for this year.

But a close decision (either of those two above could have got it), is Mr Ricciardo. He might have had fresher tyres towards the end, however he still only did 1 stop like everyone else. He managed his stints better and showed a good mix of pace, agression and maturity.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3451200)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were several outstanding and entertaining drives, but only one of them resulted in a race win. Hamilton.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3451205)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I voted Perez.
But it could as well have been Massa, Bottas, Ricciardo, Hamilton or Kyvat.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3451284)   #18
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for me this time after that awful start.
hon mentions to many others as has already been said, Massa particularly as always had a bit of a soft spot for him.
What is up with Button though? expecting so much more from him given his seat may be in jeopardy.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3451301)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Hamilton for me this time after that awful start.
hon mentions to many others as has already been said, Massa particularly as always had a bit of a soft spot for him.
What is up with Button though? expecting so much more from him given his seat may be in jeopardy.
Probably tyres. Don't forget that last year Perez gave him a run for his money on several occasions in the same car...

Another factor is that Jenson likes the car to be right. When it's perfect he can be untouchable. But if it's not, he can drive like a journeyman. His championship was won in a year where he had a definite car advantage and Barrichello was his teammate and number two.

At Monza Magnussen drove more like he did in Australia so what we saw is where I would rate him relative to Button.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3451386)   #20
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi hasn't got his usual 1 vote yet...
Old 9 Sep 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3451400)   #21
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas for the recovery drive. Although Hamilton deserved it too for the same reason.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3451595)   #22
Halvautomat
Rookie

Halvautomat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnussen made an Alonso 5 to 2
2011 Monza... Alonso went from 4 to 1

If. Magnussen had a Mercedes ....
Old 9 Sep 2014, 23:52 (Ref:3451667)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for nursing his car to the finish line....unlike his team mate. First you must Finnish.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3451670)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi for nursing his car to the finish line....unlike his team mate. First you must Finnish.
You can't finish if your PU packs up.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3451708)   #25
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless you believe Rosberg and Massa are far superior to Vettel, I can't understand the justifications for voting Hamilton or Bottas over Ricciardo. Ricciardo was further behind his teammate (in terms of time and positions) than Hamilton was and ended up beating his teammate (unlike Bottas, who never got close) with a proper (and brilliant) overtake (unlike Hamilton). Ricciardo was the most impressive driver to finish the race in the points.

That said, I'm voting for Kvyat: started 9 positions behind his teammate, but came back to put JEV nearly 9 seconds behind him at the time of his brake failure. Perhaps Ricciardo and Bottas had a few more overtakes, but the RB and Williams were far faster cars than the TR. What really put it over the top though, was the save he had to make when the front brake went. Well done Daniil.