Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Sep 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3309878)   #1
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comparitive WEC & USCR Budgets?

I was curious how much is the difference, or actual cost for an LMP2 WEC program (8 races I believe) and the new LMP2/DP Prototype class in the USCR series (12 races)?

Any ideas people.....
Old 27 Sep 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3309891)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
If you have to ask you can't afford it.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3310023)   #3
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
If you have to ask you can't afford it.
True, but it's not about me being able to afford it ..........but I understand that an answer like that shows that you know Jack anyway...
Old 27 Sep 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3310036)   #4
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're on twitter, try asking Scot Elkins. He's great with Q&A and has the ability to talk about financial information most teams can't.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3310114)   #5
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
I was curious how much is the difference, or actual cost for an LMP2 WEC program (8 races I believe) and the new LMP2/DP Prototype class in the USCR series (12 races)?

Any ideas people.....
The difference is not material, hence the number of former ALMS teams exploring the possibility of running in the FIA WEC while the new series sorts itself out, plus getting an entry at Le Mans. My guess is that they will stick with the USCC, easier than all that foreign travel.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3310144)   #6
smcorolla
Rookie

smcorolla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
The difference is not material, hence the number of former ALMS teams exploring the possibility of running in the FIA WEC while the new series sorts itself out, plus getting an entry at Le Mans. My guess is that they will stick with the USCC, easier than all that foreign travel.
Other than the two P1's, who havent committed to any series yet, what teams are you referring to? All I've seen over the last couple weeks are teams committing to the USCC. A couple from the WEC. If you want to stay in P1 and get trounced by the factories the WEC is the place to be.

My guess is once the prototype rules are set, teams will make announcements. The fact that they havent announced a move to the WEC should tell you that a USCC program is preferred otherwise go ahead and say you're going elsewhere. Its all speculation at this point anyway.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3310152)   #7
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcorolla View Post
Other than the two P1's, who havent committed to any series yet, what teams are you referring to? All I've seen over the last couple weeks are teams committing to the USCC. A couple from the WEC. If you want to stay in P1 and get trounced by the factories the WEC is the place to be.

My guess is once the prototype rules are set, teams will make announcements. The fact that they havent announced a move to the WEC should tell you that a USCC program is preferred otherwise go ahead and say you're going elsewhere. Its all speculation at this point anyway.
The WEC does provide a certain level of comparative stability, because it is not in its first year, it is a known quantity. Once the 2014 season is in full swing, any of the shine of stability of the WEC will very likely be at the very least matched by IMSA.

However, the teams seriously exploring opportunities in the WEC are teams who already have a presence there or drivers who want to fund programs over there. Most teams in IMSA (IMSA and Grand-Am) are American-based with American sponsors, interested in American distribution of their goods which is advantaged by an American media presence and big American events.

Chris