Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3228820)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi to Red Bull in 2014?

What are the chances of that?

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...didate-for-14/
Old 3 Apr 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3228833)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's very possible and his stock is high. He's getting older and wants to have a crack at the title.

Lotus did well to win in Oz. They may well win other races. But I don't think that squad is firm enough financially to have a real tilt at the title.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 00:50 (Ref:3228850)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It took so long...

He said is "always a candidate" and now people jump to conclusions...

A rumour...

Webber is "Massa" of the hour !
Old 4 Apr 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3228868)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Would he be 'equal' No1..?
Old 4 Apr 2013, 06:36 (Ref:3228921)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Would he be 'equal' No1..?
He would not accept anything less
Old 4 Apr 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3228936)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And I think Seb gets on with Kimi pretty well doesnt he?

But I cant see Red Bull being happy with a monotonic robot, especially when yet again this week Mateschitz is coming out in support of Webber, remember he sesm to be emplyed by Dietrich, not the F1 team for some bizarre reason!

I think if they have a support team, to bring someone like Kimi in would seem odd, whats the point in having a junior team if there is no chance for them to go the main team, I eman I havent rated any of the Toro Rosso drivres much since Seb, but isnt that supposed to be the point!
Old 4 Apr 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3228947)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That rumour came out on April 1st as far as I saw, and Im taking it in the same context as all of the other silly stories that emerged on that day.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3228949)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair, I woudlnt say that particular move is out of the question
The only one I see wouldnt be would be Ferrari

I could even see Kimi back at McLaren, but I dont think him personally would want the PR commitments!
Old 4 Apr 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3228950)   #9
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one stumbling block to this is whether or not Kimi would want to move. Lotus have really understood him and built a team around him the way he wants it. He ended up being disillusioned with McLaren and Ferrari, so would he risk what he has to go to a very different team environment at Red Bull?
Old 4 Apr 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3228966)   #10
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Such a move could be possible depending on all the fall out from Sepang not forgetting a thread that ran for most of last year of Seb moving to Ferrari.

Who said it would be Webber that would leave RB anyway as he has a lot of support from the team.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3229052)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Such a move could be possible depending on all the fall out from Sepang not forgetting a thread that ran for most of last year of Seb moving to Ferrari.

Who said it would be Webber that would leave RB anyway as he has a lot of support from the team.
In the article :

Quote:
Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says Lotus driver Kimi Räikkönen is a candidate to join the Milton Keynes-based outfit next season, with only reigning World Champion Sebastian Vettel tied to a contract beyond the 2013 campaign.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3229103)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And I think Seb gets on with Kimi pretty well doesnt he?

But I cant see Red Bull being happy with a monotonic robot, especially when yet again this week Mateschitz is coming out in support of Webber, remember he sesm to be emplyed by Dietrich, not the F1 team for some bizarre reason!

I think if they have a support team, to bring someone like Kimi in would seem odd, whats the point in having a junior team if there is no chance for them to go the main team, I eman I havent rated any of the Toro Rosso drivres much since Seb, but isnt that supposed to be the point!
I don't think Räikkönen's manner translates at all well into English but he's a Hunt type figure to many outside of the English speaking world. He has long standing links with Red Bull. I think he's a good fit and Red Bull at least theoretically offer joint number one status.

I think it's his best chance to get that WC. Despite their win I'm not convinced by Lotus' ability to sustain a championship challenge.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3229141)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its an interesting notion. he would be about as old as Webbo is now if he went there in 2014 so for me its always going to be a stretch that he will expect to be considered an equal to a younger team mate who also happens to have had more success and already established within a team. would be interesting to see though.

also i would like to know more about the circumstances of him leaving Ferrari. they paid him a kings ransom to leave and im wondering if its just because they figured such an independent personality could not coexist with Alonso and Vettel is from all out ward appearances a Alonso type guy.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3229142)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
It doesn't seem all that long ago when they plucked him out of Formula Renault not long out of nappies and now we're ready to give him his zimmerframe in 2014.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3229153)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The chances are good, but sometimes I think we should live in the present a bit more. He's got almost a whole campaign ahead of him.

That said, I'm not sure Lotus were bold enough last year. Here's hoping they go for a few more wins this year.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3238237)   #16
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They speculated a lot on the GP-paddock in Sakhir if Kimi Räikkönen would go from Lotus to Red Bull as Sebastian Vettel’s teammate – and if that duo would work as friendly spirited as they do now when they race each other in different teams.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3238240)   #17
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's simple, Kimi and Webber join forces at Lotus with someone who has good set-up know-how to join Seb at IRBR.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3238258)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And if Kimi was to win the WDC this year - why would he go to Red Bull?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3238259)   #19
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know WCC is important for RBR, but in my opinion they should put JV o Dan on that second seat if they want to prove their young driver programme is still working.

If Vettel wins his 4th in a row, that's what I would do. A worse driver than Kimi who will accept being a number two, maybe a Toro Rosso driver or one who can help setting up the car as Razor said, or even try to keep Webber (why not), and push hard for a 5th WDC for Vettel with teams orders "á la Ferrari", the same way they are doing with Massa.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3238265)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Kimi and Seb in the same team would be great it would certainly get Kimi to start talking to the media a bit more even if it is just to rub in his dominance.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3238271)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suppose it would give Horner and co TWO drivers to fawn over..... Can't see it happening myself.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3238410)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Hardly would happen.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 02:24 (Ref:3238678)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Kimi and Seb in the same team would be great it would certainly get Kimi to start talking to the media a bit more even if it is just to rub in his dominance.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3238771)   #24
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like that to happen, it would be the next step for Vettel on his way to being called one of the greats, provided Kimi doesn't beat him.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3238845)   #25
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as they don't tell him how to drive, everything should be okay.