Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3274974)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every race is apparently either Will Power's or Marco Andretti's race to win. I keep hearing that from the media and fans, yet it rarely happens.

Chip got a 1 2 3, but more importantly Honda won on a horsepower circuit, with the help of fuel mileage. I honestly think Kimball isn't as bad as many people said, the guy has had some impressive runs, and thanks to Norvo is probably the most seen Indycar driver on TV these days. I think he'll break through eventually.

Thought the crowd was good until I saw the aerial view, but then again it's Pocono, anyone who's been there will tell you it's a complete waste of petrol and time. Trust me, I had the misfortune of going to that dump with Free Tickets, never again.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3274985)   #27
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Scott Dixon - the man to add his name to an impressive list of winners now.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3274991)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Overall that was quite a good race. It was never going to be about outright speed but about fuel management/strategy. I was also pleasantly surprised by how few FCY there were.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3274992)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed that. Pocono is a keeper.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3274997)   #30
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Make is 500 miles though.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3275095)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The race lasted 2:04, with only 12 caution laps. I like that format, and Fontana should also be a 400 miler.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3275243)   #32
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Not a bad race. Shame the Sato stupidity took 2 fast cars out of the race.

Track wasn't as 'racey' as i thought it would be (a la Indy) but overall i loved seeing IndyCars back there on a 'proper' circuit.

Didn't see the Ganassi sweep coming at all. Congrats to Dixie.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3275413)   #33
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed it as well but I was struck by how the small the cars looked after years of watching NASCAR at Pocono and the three aside start (although a good idea) maked it look like there was only a few cars on the track. Interesting to see Ganassi make a return to the top spots.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3275798)   #34
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The race lasted 2:04, with only 12 caution laps. I like that format, and Fontana should also be a 400 miler.
In my opinion, this race was over before it got really exciting. Besides, NASCAR has so many 500 mile races over the year, yet they are only supplements to the Daytona 500. So why shouldn't IndyCar adopt more 500 mile races? In fact, the IRL seems to have understood the sign of the times, given that Fontana is run over 500 miles. If Pocono would have run on NBCSN, we surely would have seen the 500 mile distance. Maybe IndyCar should try to negotiate a better contract with ABC. At least a contract that allows them to run a second 500-mile race on ABC.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3275909)   #35
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
While they're at it, they could ask ABC if they could use the NBCSN crew aswell....
Old 9 Jul 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3276028)   #36
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I get bored after 2 hours. Indianapolis is an exception, but I can't do exceptions the whole year.