Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3443917)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mitjet Denmark 2L thing

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...s-controversy/

Well, some Danish guys have decided to attempt to start a new touring car championship using the popular and amazing Mitjet 2L/Supertourisme cars. There are, naturally, some wacky ideas, like a passenger seat for VIP guests during the warm-up, and they need 12 cars for the series to take place next year.

It could be fun, but some in the DTC are a bit sceptical. The TouringCarTimes article is much more thorough.

Any thoughts?
Old 13 Aug 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3443929)   #2
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it difficult to take those cars serious. They look like cartoons, wacky racers, and give me the impression of a fun-series rather than a series contributing to a serious racing career.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3443934)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think they are actually built on a 7:8 scale which contributes to the "whacky" look. But I agree, these things have no place in a national top series as seems to be the plan in Denmark. Even more so since there already is a functioning silhouette series in DTC. (Ideally, DTC would allow manufacturer specific engines and some Euro saloon bodyshells, but I guess that is just wishful thinking on my part).
Old 20 Aug 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3445741)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
I find it difficult to take those cars serious. They look like cartoons, wacky racers, and give me the impression of a fun-series rather than a series contributing to a serious racing career.
I agree.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3448561)   #5
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh my!
Why couldn't they have used the Solution F chassis?!
Would be better if there some shared rules with STCC. This will only make series uncompatible with eachother. Look at DTM/Super GT damn it!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3448581)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Oh my!
Why couldn't they have used the Solution F chassis?!
Would be better if there some shared rules with STCC. This will only make series uncompatible with eachother. Look at DTM/Super GT damn it!
I assume these Midjets are much cheaper.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3448661)   #7
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ye, but I hate that every Scandinavian series is divided into one single for every country... We should have a real STCC (SCANDINAVIAN touring car championship).
Blasphemy that Rudskogen isnt having a real series for ones. Same for ACR.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3448745)   #8
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Camaco Cup/V8 Thundercars that Jan Magnussen drives in Denmark is the same as the Swedish and the Norwegian regulations (And Trans-Am class 2 in USA). So that is a common platform. Not that anyone seem to care about it, and I'm guessing no one will care about this new serie either. The swedish serie (V8 Thundercars) is however in a steep decline after all the changes they have intorduces in the last couple of years, down to about 15 cars now, from 30+.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3448786)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
The swedish serie (V8 Thundercars) is however in a steep decline after all the changes they have intorduces in the last couple of years, down to about 15 cars now, from 30+.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3448799)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Coversely, the Thundercars are doing not bad at all in Denmark... I don't think it's down to the cars in this case.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3448827)   #11
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Camaco Cup/V8 Thundercars that Jan Magnussen drives in Denmark is the same as the Swedish and the Norwegian regulations (And Trans-Am class 2 in USA). So that is a common platform. Not that anyone seem to care about it, and I'm guessing no one will care about this new serie either. The swedish serie (V8 Thundercars) is however in a steep decline after all the changes they have intorduces in the last couple of years, down to about 15 cars now, from 30+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Coversely, the Thundercars are doing not bad at all in Denmark... I don't think it's down to the cars in this case.
So why not merge all Nordic series, in order to establish a "true" Nordic touring car series, instead of Swedish TCC + 2 Danish races we got years ago?

As for those Mitjet cars: They just look like a poor man's version of the current STCC cars, which actually look like a poor man's version of DTM. Maybe I've just found the perfect support ladder for DTM. ...actually, DTM is still in need for a support series, so maybe THEY should give Mitjet a try?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3448865)   #12
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
So why not merge all Nordic series, in order to establish a "true" Nordic touring car series, instead of Swedish TCC + 2 Danish races we got years ago?
What's in it for the Danes? Their series works nicely and with most of the Scandinavian tracks being rather short and narrow, I'd consider anything north of 15 cars a decent field... so I really fail to see a reason for alarm.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3448885)   #13
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
What's in it for the Danes? Their series works nicely and with most of the Scandinavian tracks being rather short and narrow, I'd consider anything north of 15 cars a decent field... so I really fail to see a reason for alarm.
Maybe more sponsorship money, due to a bigger reach? Then again, transportation costs would also higher. In any case, I'm amazed that a small country such as Denmark has a functioning touring car series...again. At least I could understand, why the Danes wouldn't want to merge with the Sweden again.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3448886)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
No need to merge but maybe they can have a standalone event, sort of Nations Cup?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3449003)   #15
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´m often at Padborg Park and Jyllandsringen and know the Danish Thundercar Championship as well as the "old" Danish Touringcar Championship with the TC2-cars. For sure I will visit the races of the new Supertourisme series, too. I don´t like the look of the cars, but maybe they look better if you see them in reality .
In future, I would like to see a "Scandinavian Touringcar Championship" with the TTA-Cars and as a support category the "Scandinavian Thundercar Championship" for the Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs. Maybe there is also space for the Supertourisme series.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3449008)   #16
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I'd return to this thread to tell you that the French Mitjet series is really fun and the racing is generally close, but grids are huge. As the article states, the Mitjet 2L series supports the FFSA GT series, whilst this won't support anything, which I see as the biggest problem. What package is this series going to have?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3449058)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Car costs €44k according to www.mitjet2l.com.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3450436)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Some silouette racecars are ugly, but this is ridiculous!
Old 10 Oct 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3462966)   #19
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michel Nykjaer participate in next year Danish Supertourisme.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3463054)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just wanted to give a few danish word to this debate .

The "Danish Supertourisme Turbo" class was created as a reaction to DTC and the management by Peter Elgaard (Father of Casper Elgaard).
DTC, is getting increasingly expensive (Jan Magnussens team, is reported to have an infinite budget), many of the smaller teams, and upcoming drivers can't afford this.
Together with a "special" kind of management, where neither DASU (Danish Automotive Sport Union) or many of the drivers feel properly treated, often because of special treatment demanded towards DTC and their star drivers.

This has sparked the feel for a competing "top series" in Denmark, which the Midjet powered Supertourisme is born out of.
Originally it was supposed to be Solution F, but the need to keep prices down, apparently made them select Midjet.

Peter Elgaard has posted a letter, slamming the creation of a new series. Blaming the creators of the series, of killing danish motorsport, as there is few sponsors to support these "large series".

However.
Sebastien Loeb, will take drive in 1 or 2 of next years DST races (he's strongly connected to Midjet).
Kurt Thiim has confirmed that he will take part in a full season.

12 Cars have been ordered to race next year, and will race in 7 weekends.
On all 3 permanent danish tracks (looking forward to see them at Ring Djursland where I'm marshalling).
1-2 City tracks (Classic Race Aarhus certainly one of them)
and 1 race in Sweden.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3466819)   #21
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dennis Lind participates in the next year Danish Supertourisme.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3466837)   #22
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dennis Lind. He'd be doing a solid job in F3 right now if he had the cash imo. Sad case, but it's good to see he's been doing well in his homeland.
Old 6 Nov 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3472257)   #23
GroveDeanAndy
Rookie

GroveDeanAndy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Italians are launching their own Mitjet Championship at Vallelunga next weekend (supporting the 6hr GT race). This one-off weekend a taster for a full season in 2015.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3473105)   #24
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Former F2 driver Johan Jokinen participate in next year Danish Supertourisme.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3489175)   #25
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Mikkel Mac participates in the next year Danish Supertourisme. He drive also full time ELMS.

and this year Calendar http://www.supertourisme.dk/?p=293

19. April, Padborg Park
10. May, Ring Djursland
7. June, Spa Euro Race
21. June, Ring Djursland
16. August, Copenhagen / Sturup
12. September, Padborg Park Night Race
11. Octomber, Padborg Park Finalen