Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Sep 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3768572)   #126
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I'm personally lamenting the end of Collards title challenge. Can you just imagine his face if he did go and win the title? It's a shame to end that way.
Agreed, every year he seems to improve - incredible that in a field this competitive he finished in the top 15 for the first 20 or so rounds.

I'd really love him to win, but for that to happen he needs to get his act together in qualifying (as much as we love his charges through the field) !
Old 19 Sep 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3768573)   #127
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting to hear that the Scoobies had their boost reduced for Silverstone. If they can reduce it ad hoc, why do they even have these "calculations"?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3768580)   #128
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I think this could be the last year I seriously follow the btcc. I'm not enjoying the crashes and drivers getting hurt, or the endless stream of uniformed idiots on social media who haven't got a clue how motorsport works. Cheesed off with the whole performance balancing thing too.
I feel your pain.

Uninformed idiots have been a part of following BTCC for as long as I can remember. Are there more of them now or has social media made it easier for them to be seen?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3768581)   #129
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I feel your pain.

Uninformed idiots have been a part of following BTCC for as long as I can remember. Are there more of them now or has social media made it easier for them to be seen?
You may be forgetting the years that Mike Smith, the BBC DJ, raced in the BTCC. He dragged along thousands of Radio 1 listeners who hadn't a clue about cars or motor racing.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3768585)   #130
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't it part of our remit as enthusiasts to attempt to inform the uninformed?

At the very least, to attempt to inform those who want to be informed. In my view sweeping generalisations like 'uninformed idiots' render those who might want to be better informed less inclined to do so.

TL;DR: don't be snobby. There are plenty of series around catering for that!
Old 19 Sep 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3768596)   #131
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Geo blocking @ itv.com
Old 19 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3768598)   #132
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Geo blocking @ itv.com
Why have they put the block now?

It was possible to see al the races before.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3768599)   #133
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Interesting to hear that the Scoobies had their boost reduced for Silverstone. If they can reduce it ad hoc, why do they even have these "calculations"?
Didn't they reduce it inbetween races 2 and 3 at Snetterton? I'm not keen on the constant fiddling with boost and I think TOCA do need to address this. I know that Gow points to the close grid and races, but all it does is ebb and flow the performance of certain cars to me.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3768604)   #134
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Why have they put the block now?

It was possible to see al the races before.
There was some blocking earlier this season. No blocking of the previous race.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3768648)   #135
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes but then they removed it. Strange...
Old 20 Sep 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3768753)   #136
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's probably accidental.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3768792)   #137
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That sounds like too much of the driving 😉
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3769050)   #138
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It's probably accidental.
Most geoblocking systems are live and constantly updated with the goal of blocking as few legitimate IP ranges as possible.

However, like any computer system, they can at times be cantankerous, sluggish, or start crashing because of malformed database updates, the color orange, sunspots, etc. So each provider has to make choices, of which there are are two key ones at play here:

1) How long to I make clients wait while the system goes to identify if the client is in/out of the approved region?

2) If the system times out or just delivers an error response, does it fail "open" (meaning even the penguins stealing Wifi down at McMurdo get to watch) or "closed" (meaning even a shirtless Putin riding a unicorn whilst waving a rainbow sword gets denied)

Most setups I know of fail open, btw, despite the various legal issues, etc.

Steve
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3769276)   #139
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Putin riding a Unicorn in BTCC...

Driving transgressions to be punished by a trampling under Unicorn foot , that'll make 'em behave. If not, off to a gulag!
Old 24 Sep 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3769611)   #140
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just caught up on the races at last, really enjoyed race three! Bring on the title show down.