Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Jan 2004, 23:52 (Ref:834813)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Average speed.

This was prompte by Ralph Nader's top speed thread.

Which circuit claims the best average speed? It will change depending on the car, but hey why should that stop us? I could easily look it up for, say, touring cars, but what about all the other stuff.

Rockingham oval clearly has this licked overall, but what about the other circuits. I find that the average speed I get is pretty similar most places.

I guess (never been there) that Thruxton has a good chance of claiming this and obviously Silverstone is up there too. I'm thinking straights and quick corners on to it?

What do you think?
Old 12 Jan 2004, 09:41 (Ref:835109)   #2
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Caterham Graduates I think Thruxton is the fastest at 88.59mph, but Mallory is very close with 87.87mph - I thought it might be faster (perhaps is in other catergories). Silverstone National (all club races usually ever get to use) is way down at 80.8mph. Before anyone asks, the slowest has to be Silverstone Stowe but I haven't got a lap time to hand.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 10:19 (Ref:835144)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess with Caterhams there is more bias towards quick corners as opposed to flat out straights, because this is where they excell.

I don't have the figures to hand, but IIRC Silverstone National was always pretty good for average speeds.

I find all circuits are within about 5mph. In the high 70s. I'll find the figures...
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:13 (Ref:835273)   #4
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definately Thruxton, the only club circuit where we can get a BARC Renault on the limiter in 5th