Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 14 Feb 2003, 04:37 (Ref:506101)   #26
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd recommend bouncing the car a bit between readings to take into account the potential for interference by dampers (damper adj can be a pain on some cars, requiring removal to adjust).

Unless you are running on an oval, preload in roll bars should be eliminated or they will effectively shift weight across the car.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:51 (Ref:506212)   #27
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, having the shocks turned down and/or jouncing the car around after making adjustments and before re-scaling the car is very important. My mates and I once spent a few hours trying to figure out why our changes weren't having the desired effects, only to figure out later we were getting bad scale readings because of the shocks. Same holds true for the anti-roll bar, if it isn't disconnected, you can get bad results.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 19:14 (Ref:677419)   #28
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've just bought some longacre scales and levellers (the trays the scales sit in with adjustable feet). How do you set the 4 scales up so not only are they level, but the same height in relation to each other.

I have just had a bit of a play levelling the pads, but getting them all the same height above sea level seems a nightmare.

Any ideas?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 08:27 (Ref:677708)   #29
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a long straight 'rule' - like a 10 ft piece of aluminium angle or, even better, T-profile and a quality spirit level.
Use the spirit level to get each pad level individually to start and then use the ally and the spirit level to get them all level together.
If you always do it in the same place, mark the floor and then it should be pretty straightforward to put the stuff back each time and have a quick check prior to use.