Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 27 Jan 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2380349)   #51
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding Formula Libre for '09:

Dan mentioned at the class meeting that there will be a few new faces in the two litre class.

The Ilmor engines are coming along nicely.

John Downey is moving from the Formula 5 that he has successfully peddled for the past couple of years to a '92 Reynard F3000 with a TVR 4.5 V8 lump.

Coupled with the usual suspects, it looks like being another good year for Libre
Old 28 Jan 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2381581)   #52
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
That may be so, but I know that Eamonn Ledwidge, Ann Stevens et al are working tirelessy to secure funding. Eamonn was telling me of some exciting plans for this years Park, so if sponsors can be found then it should be a cracker.

Its not over yet!!
If it was to happen, have you any idea when it would be?..... August? Sept?
Old 29 Jan 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2381775)   #53
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD
If it was to happen, have you any idea when it would be?..... August? Sept?
August I believe
Old 31 Jan 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2383284)   #54
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
August 8/9 are the right dates for The Park as Burnsie correctly pointed out above and he’s also right about 9/10 May, which along with 12/13 September were supposed to be 2 day meetings on the International circuit, but I see now on the Formula Ford calendar that they list the September date (Leinster Trophy) as being on the National circuit … confusion reigns!

Park organisers are working away, and plan to highlight/launch the event as part of the Paddy’s day celebrations with a parade of cars through the city centre on Sunday 15th March. Not sure of the exact format just yet but would like to see the 3 Libre classes represented, if any of you fancy that little jaunt.

On a similar note you may have heard about the upcoming Race Experience Day in Mondello on Sunday 1st March. Formula Libre, along with every other current class will have a presence there, and there will be opportunities during the day for the cars on our display to do a few laps.

Following on from his successful track day in November, Alan Kessie has booked the circuit for another one on the day before, 28 February, and again, there will be separate sessions for single seaters if there are enough there to justify it

Another development of interest to Libre is that the Tynagh circuit near Loughrea has been licensed to hold single seater testing. See the Libre website formulalibreireland.com for details of all these events
Old 31 Jan 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2383300)   #55
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May 30/31 Euroboss at Brands Hatch confirmed it would be great to see some of you come over............
Old 31 Jan 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2383375)   #56
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Fords and one other class has requested the LT weekend on the NATcircuit and my understanding is that the temp tyre barrier will be pushed back out of the way for us to race on and the rest of the classes will be on the INT circuit. We have a double header round of the UK Nat championships that weekend and would prefer to race on the NATcircuit.
Old 2 Feb 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2387006)   #57
stealth1
Rookie

Ah, I see ...... thanks Rory

Yeah, Thundersports, Dan Daly mentioned that the other day. Clashes with our Kirkistown date, so we'll have to see how that pans out.
Old 17 Feb 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2398808)   #58
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just been reading that the 2009 season opener in Anglesey has been cancelled due to lack of entries, (the total entry by 4:00pm yesterday was five cars - 3 Formula Fords, 1 Caterham, 1 Saloon Libre, 0 Open Sports Cars and 0 Formula Libres). I sincerely hope that this isn't a sign of things to come over here in Ireland... do any of you know how many drivers are definitely planning to enter this year? Can we expect to see at least the same number of cars competing as we did in 2008?
Old 17 Feb 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2398903)   #59
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie
... do any of you know how many drivers are definitely planning to enter this year? Can we expect to see at least the same number of cars competing as we did in 2008?
At our meeting in the Green Isle, 15 drivers stuck their mits in the air when asked if they wanted to go to Anglesey in July. There were at least another 5/6 regulars that were not present so I would take it that if that level of commitment is being shown for a race outside the Emerald Isle, then we should be ok for "home" races.....hopefully.
Old 17 Feb 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2399028)   #60
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
...I would take it that if that level of commitment is being shown for a race outside the Emerald Isle, then we should be ok for "home" races.....hopefully.
Thanks Peter, that's good news... roll on April!
Old 24 Feb 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2403097)   #61
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone want to come out to play in this?

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...lCarID=1756992
Old 24 Feb 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2403115)   #62
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Seems cheap even for a roller.

Its no good though, its left hand drive
Old 3 Mar 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2408528)   #63
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
How are things looking for the 2009 season - do we know who's going to be out in what?
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2410963)   #64
class1comp
Rookie

Ireland
Co. Kildare
class1comp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello 28 Feb and 1 Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
How are things looking for the 2009 season - do we know who's going to be out in what?
During the Try Racing day at Mondello March 1
A few of the usual suspects were there for demonstration runs
Declan McNamara in the Ralt
Michael Roche did a few laps in the Shrike (now painted JPS colours) his own car was also there I think it was James Lyons who drove it. James' car was also there I don't know who drove it

Ballyvaughan's Derek Daly has sold the Formula Ireland and now has a share in the 2 litre 8V Formula Renault that briefly appeared in yellow and white colours last year it is now silver and red

Pete Ray tested his newly acquired single seater the day before but I think he going to do hills rather than races

Peter Dwyer also tested Opel
Old 20 Mar 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2420253)   #65
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Mondello test day 14th March

Does anyone know who this is in Dans Ralt?

Was it just a test or have we some new blood?
Click image for larger version

Name:	testing_march_09_128.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	21640
Old 21 Mar 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2420720)   #66
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post

Attachment 21640

You guys need to personalise your helmets. Most of yiz wear those blue and white stripey ones. Helmets are an integral part of driver identification!
Old 21 Mar 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2420729)   #67
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Ok. Does this help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	testing_march_09_196.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	21646
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2423209)   #68
stealth1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post

Attachment 21640
Not Dan's Ralt any more. Thats new boy Garrett McKenna getting used to his new toy ... watch out Peter!!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2423415)   #69
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1 View Post
Not Dan's Ralt any more. Thats new boy Garrett McKenna getting used to his new toy ... watch out Peter!!
Excellent! Great to see some new blood joining the fun and sticking two fingers up to the recession!

BTW, thanks for the "reminder" text last night re entries for the twelfth in Mondello. Its probably worth mentioning here that they close on 1st April so get those entries in early (for all classes)
Old 7 Apr 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2435868)   #70
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats the word on entries for this weekend?
Old 7 Apr 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2435904)   #71
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rirl View Post
So whats the word on entries for this weekend?
As of this morning we're at 17 which ain't too bad considering all the doom and gloom.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2436074)   #72
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Might not be able to afford the 15 quid entrance fee after the armed robbery...I mean budget, today. Swines. We've been bloody hammered.
Old 7 Apr 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2436080)   #73
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Well if you put some orange overalls on, you won't have to pay a cent
Old 7 Apr 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2436278)   #74
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
17 isn't a bad number. I really thought it'd be less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Well if you put some orange overalls on, you won't have to pay a cent
Never thought of wearing orange overalls before but after seeing your post, I thought I'd certainly do this... but then realised I'm babysitting all weekend. I'll do it before the season is out - thats my new years resolution (from today). As a driver it'd be interesting to see it from a marshalls point of view!
Old 7 Apr 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2436285)   #75
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rirl View Post
Never thought of wearing orange overalls before but after seeing your post, I thought I'd certainly do this... but then realised I'm babysitting all weekend. I'll do it before the season is out - thats my new years resolution (from today). As a driver it'd be interesting to see it from a marshalls point of view!
That's great to hear We're always keen to have more bodies out on post, and I for one would be very interested to hear a driver's point of view about a day on the bank. And as an extra incentive, you'll get finger-food and a drink in the bar at the end of the day (as well as your lunch) - all compliments of Mondello Park!

Peter Dunne will also be joing us out on the banks some time, which is very decent of him. Strictly speaking he has never said this, but that's just attention to detail