Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Dec 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1797092)   #26
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Ah, the Delahunty Pescalero nightmare! It's just unprofessional isn't it? Even after getting corrected bluntly by, of all people, Carlton Kirby he carried on for the entire race!
A lot of the commentators on Motors TV are unfortunatly a bit of a joke arent they? Other than Martin Haven, David Leslie, Carlton Kirby and John Hindaugh I dont really rate any of them, Ben Edwards is ok but not really my style.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1797101)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you mixed up Kirby and Edwards there SALEEN!

Motors has a strange mix of the best and the worst commentators though, it must be said!

On one hand, there is Delahunty going on about "Strikers" (Spykers) and "Pescalairos" (Pescarolos), Kirby saying "nightmare stuff" every three seconds, a Geordie commentator that shouts a lot etc......

On the other, there is professionalism and class with Haven and Edwards.

It's a bit like ITV really!
Old 21 Dec 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1797118)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, I dont know about that Knowlesy. Not even James Allen is as bad as some of the "commentators" that we have on Motors TV. IMO.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1802052)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
SpeedTV is worse:

FELIPE MARSA!

JACQUES VILLANOOVE!

FERNARNDO ALORNSO!

MEEK L SCHOEMARKER!

And some older ones...

I AYRTON SENNA! where did the i come from LOl???

NI GEL MONCELL!
That's just David Hobbes having some fun. Normally, he pronounces them the normal way, as you and i do, but sometimes, well, slot, he has some fun with it and makes some jokes.

Like one time, at the German GP, he did a great Ralf impression, something to the effect of 'I am the younger brother of meester shoemaker, let me through!,' but of course, in his finest German accent, lol.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1802189)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you know what annoys me about this, these guys are supposed to be experts and are getting paid for what theya re doing!

I know its funny but in all seriousness do you think Henri likes being given the wrong name, I know he probably coudnlt care less but its just plain rude and utterly unprofessional.

Some of the commentators are simply not aware of anything that is going on and have noi diea what theya re commentating on really, its a real shame and I cant heklp thinkiing that the sheer awfulness of some it doesnt help the viewing figures. I for certain ahve turned things off if the commentary is bad!
Old 2 Jan 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1803531)   #31
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of commentators... I know how they sound but not their names! Well, these I know.

Martin Haven - WTCC
Ben Edwards - BTCC

Now, who are the two MotorsTV DTM commentators, and the two that commentates the other broadcasting (www.dtm.de/highligts)?
Old 2 Jan 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1803677)   #32
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
Speaking of commentators... I know how they sound but not their names! Well, these I know.

Martin Haven - WTCC
Ben Edwards - BTCC

Now, who are the two MotorsTV DTM commentators, and the two that commentates the other broadcasting (www.dtm.de/highligts)?
Motors TV DTM are; Carlton Kirby who is an amateur and Mark Cole I think, the guy with the speech impediment. Mark actually knows what he's talking about, but is better with sports cars IMHO.

I've probably said this, but; Carlton said AJ Allmendinjer LOL on Eurosport. Clearly has never watched Champ Car before to hear how his name is said.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 22:10 (Ref:1804297)   #33
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the WORST commentary has to be the WRC on STV and Eurosport, its really bad, thats probably because its scripted. Bring back the Chanel 4 days I say!
Old 2 Jan 2007, 22:15 (Ref:1804302)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When it was also scripted.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1804303)   #35
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, it was less obvious...
Old 2 Jan 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1804339)   #36
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

TBH I like the Eurosport coverage. Half an hour each night. And no annoying voices or saying driver's name's wrong.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 23:56 (Ref:1804375)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Annoying voices you say, so you can actually listen the patronising woman who does the voiceovers can you! She is terrible!!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1804512)   #38
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I think "I-Airton" is the correct pronunciation is it not?
correct, a Brazilian work colleague has a brother called Ayrton
Old 3 Jan 2007, 13:29 (Ref:1805120)   #39
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The best one i heared was when that odd sounding French/American/god knows what else refered to Allex Yoong as a legend. " And on iside grand prix we talk to formula 1 racing legend Allex Yoong"

Naaa mate! ;p
Old 3 Jan 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1805363)   #40
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Motors TV DTM are; Carlton Kirby who is an amateur and Mark Cole I think, the guy with the speech impediment. Mark actually knows what he's talking about, but is better with sports cars IMHO.

I've probably said this, but; Carlton said AJ Allmendinjer LOL on Eurosport. Clearly has never watched Champ Car before to hear how his name is said.
Understood. But what about the other DTM commentators (see link)?
Old 3 Jan 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1805368)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I remember that one well Dan, I was eating my tea and it very nearly ended up all over the floor!

Unreal.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1809867)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
How about Randy Mamala!