Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Jan 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1808349)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speed Dynasties

Programme on discovery at the moment, not sure if being repeated but very interesting. Looking at father and son relationships in racing, also includes Bruno Senna though talking about his relationship with Ayrton.

Interesting thing I've learnt so far is Christian Jones is actually adopted, which I didn't realise. Worth a watch if you flick over now or if it's repeated!
Old 6 Jan 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1808447)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Suze, I will definately watch when its repeated as I've missed it!
Worth the watch to see Bruno talk about his relationship with Ayrton.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1808474)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was on again earlier but only on the plus one hour channel, had a quick look just now up until Tues and couldn't see it on - was on the main discovery channel by the way.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1808499)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good watch, but I can't understand why they went from a great such as McRae downwards. Bruno Senna rescued the end of it though.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 23:38 (Ref:1808577)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
I missed the beginning but the Jones family and Senna were the most interesting bits I saw.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 23:40 (Ref:1808579)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was an Indian driver who's like 23rd in the FRUK championship. Can't understand why they featured him.

I understand they featured the Joneses due to Alan but it didn't sound like his son was doing too well. Whereas the McRae's and Bruno Senna are doing well.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 23:42 (Ref:1808583)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Christian came third in Aussie FF championship and second in Asian F3 - what I did like was the fact he ran his own team which was the part that interested me, and more so the fact he is adopted ie racing is not in the genes from Alan Jones. However, have heard him widely criticised in the A1 GP forum here for his performances there...
Old 7 Jan 2007, 00:08 (Ref:1808600)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, he's been pretty rubbish really.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1809802)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think worst example of a dynasty is Laudam now he is completely and utterly useless at everything he has ever done for me!
Old 9 Jan 2007, 05:58 (Ref:1810139)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Christian came third in Aussie FF championship and second in Asian F3 - what I did like was the fact he ran his own team...
He won the 2004 Asian F3 Series, but you're forgiven
Old 9 Jan 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1810210)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Apologies, obviously wasn't paying enough attention