Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Jan 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1809448)   #1
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorsTV

Is it me or is Motors TV really poor at the moment and with no BTCC or supports races this season is it worth having sky for?
Old 8 Jan 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1809455)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is the closed season, so you might expect there to be less 'interesting' stuff right now.

I certainly wouldn't get Sky for Motors TV alone.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1809456)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not worth having Sky for I don't think, but IIRC it actually comes under the documentaries section not sport and personally love the documentaries and have Sky for that and other programmes.

Some of the programmes it shows I do enjoy, but is a shame there is no BTCC or support races this coming season.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1809676)   #4
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is BTCC solely on ITV1 now? Or has another digital channel got the rights? And how come it's not going to be showed this year?

It doesn't affect me at all because we don't have Sky...just interested
Old 8 Jan 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1809680)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not aware of another channel having digi rights but don't know.

See here as well http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...BTCC+Motors+TV
Old 8 Jan 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1809684)   #6
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok thanks
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1809792)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder what they will show next year to replace BTCC, if anything?

A lot of stuff will just be repeats of races days late, that can be watched on Eurosport or something. WSBK, Champcar etc...

They'll have DTM live....maybe they'll be more committed to NASCAR Busch.

I don't know, but it looks pretty poor for them, bar the Busch, Le Mans and DTM coverage and extended BF3 highlights.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1809801)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually think they do a good job, BTCC just didnt get the viewers and was very dear to produce live or at least pay to get the footage!

I would rather see things from all around the world, they have had some great stuff on recently such as World of Outlaws and New Zealand stock cars, stuff you would never get to see anywhere else.

Only things I dont like are all the boat stuff, i know they have motors, but a boat doing 100 mph just doesnt do anything for me!

I think their coverage is well rounded, bear in mind its a Franch channel and they could get very patriotic if they wanted to, the rubbish that has been on their forum about BTCC really doesnt help!
Old 8 Jan 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1809833)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7 out of 10 BTCC/DTM weekends next year clash, so I guess it only makes sense for them to go with the most popular.

Preference was always given to the DTM in previous clashes.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 07:02 (Ref:1810159)   #10
safc_fan89
Veteran

DTM is probably a higher-profile series on the wider scale.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1810183)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I stopped my subscription I thought it was really poor. As we were on with some of the Dunlop Great & British (sic) I tuned in to be greeted with the most boring coverage I have ever seen, not even any commentary ruddy joke trying to watch a boring enduro radical race as it is let alone not having a clue what is going on, even if they tapped into the circuit commentary it would have been OK but nothing! Oh and of course they did not show our races.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1811172)   #12
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I actually think they do a good job, BTCC just didnt get the viewers and was very dear to produce live or at least pay to get the footage!

I would rather see things from all around the world, they have had some great stuff on recently such as World of Outlaws and New Zealand stock cars, stuff you would never get to see anywhere else.

Only things I dont like are all the boat stuff, i know they have motors, but a boat doing 100 mph just doesnt do anything for me!

I think their coverage is well rounded, bear in mind its a Franch channel and they could get very patriotic if they wanted to, the rubbish that has been on their forum about BTCC really doesnt help!
A lot of BTCC races clashed with the LMS and DTM races. They hopefully will show the LMS races in full length again?
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:15 (Ref:1817007)   #13
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently they will be showing FIA GT live.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1817013)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say Motors is much better than Eurosport when it comes to coverage of major events.

This week we've been trying to watch the Dakar on Eurosport at the advertised times only to find that Eurosport considers snooker to be more important.

I logged on to Eurosport yesterday to complain and found that many other people were doing the same thing. Regrettably Eurosport seem to be oblivious to the comments.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1817875)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Unfortunately they always seem to have been, and I don't expect it to change...yet!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1817949)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport show too much sport to be sufficient to their schedule. Motors TV do show non motor sport stuff so I guess its easier to go over that...
Old 20 Jan 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1820257)   #17
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Apparently they will be showing FIA GT live.
Are you sure about this?
Old 21 Jan 2007, 02:12 (Ref:1820665)   #18
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, just a rumour I heard.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1820856)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does this explain the lack of BTC coverage then?

I am not really bothered abotu BTCCm I thin the racing is rather average and most if them should be in stock cars, but to get rod of BTC and put on FIA GT is simply insane!

Huge long races, naff all going on all the time.

I did have a feeling last year that this might happen coz Ratel was selling it to all and sundry, it was on Men and Motors, some of the Extreme channels aswell, obviously toting for a buyer and Motors are it.

Someone there is utterly in love with endurance racing, its a French thing believe me, even in bikes they much prefer endurance racing to normal racing over there
Old 21 Jan 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1820874)   #20
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MOTORSTV were Gods yesterday. They put on the highlights from the 1987 BTCC. Superb!!!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1820879)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
There's more too....see here!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92964