Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Jan 2007, 03:14 (Ref:1824305)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC memorabilia

hey guys, i was rooting somestuff in the loft and came across a 1992 btcc programe from oulton. that is the year will hoy won the champ. it is signed by the whole grid with the likes of bristow, cleland, gravett, whale and others. for some reason will hoy has signed it twice. do you think this is worth anything or just a case of hold on to it for sentimental values?
Old 25 Jan 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1825788)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not really worth anything, I'm afraid, unless that particular programme really means something to someone and they're prepared to pay over the odds. You'll probably get a tenner or so for it, I'd guess.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1825815)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signed program by almost all of the drivers from the 2004 BTCC Knockhill meeteing, um a signed synchro hat and I think thats it...
Old 27 Jan 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1827058)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a peace of BTCC memorabilia from last year that I am not letting go. You know those free Dunlop hats, I have one that is signed by every driver that race in the championship last year. As I say I am not selling it but would be interesting to know how much it is worth.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1827120)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just keep an eye out on ebay then and see if anyone sells similar - that's what I do if I'm going to sell something and want to decide if it's worth it etc or get an idea of what I might get for it.

I tried to sell an F1 programme once, from Spa, and to be honest it went for a lot less than I expected ( was hoping for maybe a few quid, fiver etc) - the guy bid £1 and won it and then never paid, so I still have it somewhere around!
Old 27 Jan 2007, 13:15 (Ref:1827123)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Craig said around a tenner would probably be a good estimation of what you'd get.

What about a signed Jason Plato Charity Football shirt, framed up ? I know how much it's cost me would be interesting too to know how much it'd be worth if I were to sell it.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1827162)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The Plato shirt would be worth more (to a Plato fan, obviously) as it is a one off. Programmes and hats aren't worth anything to speak of as they are produced in their thousands. Even a few squiggles on them doesn't really increase their value to any real degree.