Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Dec 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2594758)   #251
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I think that was Peter McKays hat.....

Nah I reckon it was DRTs, it got knocked off when he was trampled by the fans that he reckons didn't turn up!
Old 6 Dec 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2594769)   #252
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that was Peter McKays hat.....hopefully his head was still in it. He was probably on the track emptying his bag of marbles !!
I thought he had lost all his marbles already
Old 6 Dec 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2594785)   #253
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke View Post
They have sold out of all the hats at this event. TC has asked the NSW Gov if they can sell more than 70,000 caps per day next year.

SMH
Errm, they are not selling hats or caps. They are selling tickets. The 'cap' is on the amount of tickets they can sell - not the amount of hats!!
Old 6 Dec 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2594791)   #254
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Errm, they are not selling hats or caps. They are selling tickets. The 'cap' is on the amount of tickets they can sell - not the amount of hats!!
... ...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 6 Dec 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2594809)   #255
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very successful event. Great circuit and action galore.

Looks like turn 8 will be the most popular vantage point for spectators at that circuit... never a dull moment, that's for sure!
Old 6 Dec 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2594810)   #256
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Do you reckon they will keep turn 8 as it is or will there be some changes made to it?
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2594825)   #257
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Do you reckon they will keep turn 8 as it is or will there be some changes made to it?
Whats wrong with it?

Drivers running out of talent shouldn't ever require track changes......
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2594829)   #258
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeez, over for another year.. it was kinda like an oasis in the middle of Sydney we hadnt seen before.

Will need to start a new thread to ask the logical question, about what else could be done on the Telstra 500 weekend to maintain and improve interest
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2594830)   #259
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Well it became a very single lane part of the circuit, deviate by just a a tyre width and you ended in the wall, if someone tried to pass you and ended up off line you were in the wall

Nothing to do with running out of talent, just needs some modification to improve the racing
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2594835)   #260
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Jeez, over for another year.. it was kinda like an oasis in the middle of Sydney we hadnt seen before.

Will need to start a new thread to ask the logical question, about what else could be done on the Telstra 500 weekend to maintain and improve interest
from my point of view it is too close to Christmas, It is highly unlikely i could organise a group of friends to go for the weekend due to there being just too much on. (from Vic)

we have already discussed it, and that was the reason we would not go
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2594837)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q2

R2

Meeting Points

Series Points

She's all over...
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2594846)   #262
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Well it became a very single lane part of the circuit, deviate by just a a tyre width and you ended in the wall, if someone tried to pass you and ended up off line you were in the wall

Nothing to do with running out of talent, just needs some modification to improve the racing
Thats your opinion, that it needs to be changed.

It IS running out of talent, if its not an overtaking place, thats the end of it. Maybe we should modify the chase at bathurst so we can get cars 3 wide into their?
Old 6 Dec 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2594849)   #263
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
It is my opinion and its fully valid, just as yours is

But i bet you thats its changed for next year
Old 6 Dec 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2594914)   #264
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Nah I reckon it was DRTs, it got knocked off when he was trampled by the fans that he reckons didn't turn up!
Yeah over 10,000 of them on Sunday. Maybe a reflection on the amazing viewing and spectacle the day before?

Thank god TC waved his magic wand and washed away the 70,000 cap on Saturday Surely he doesn't expect anyone to take him seriously?

Great to see the new premier is a motorsport fan though, could lead to bigger and better things for motorsport not just street circuits.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 6 Dec 2009 at 13:46.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2594916)   #265
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The overhead shots of grandstands seemed to be showing an awful lot of empty seats.....
Old 6 Dec 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2594917)   #266
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somone using there own eyes and brain when commenting on the Homebush event - a rarety.

Very true Rombles, even more of concern was that there weren't many grandstand seats to begin with. It was mentioned less than 10,000
Old 6 Dec 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2595012)   #267
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
even more of concern was that there weren't many grandstand seats to begin with. It was mentioned less than 10,000
That was one thing that was very evident from the overhead shots on the teev

It's all about the corporates though....
Old 6 Dec 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2595018)   #268
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A very successful event. Great circuit and action galore.

Looks like turn 8 will be the most popular vantage point for spectators at that circuit... never a dull moment, that's for sure!
I think this event has a great future. We have needed something like this in Sydney for a long long time. Hopefully the spinoff will be positive for other motorsport disciplines as well. Looks like that narrow section will be widened.
Quote:
I want to make it even more of a spectacle,'' Cochrane said. ''I want more for people to do.'' He also wanted the track to be widened near turn five, which has been dubbed ''death alley''.

Because of trees that were kept, the sweeping concrete-lined blind left-hander is very narrow.

Cochrane met the new Premier, Kristina Keneally, on Saturday, and said she was extremely committed to the Olympic Park V8 event, which is getting $30million from the State Government over five years.

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 6 Dec 2009 at 19:49.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2595038)   #269
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Somone using there own eyes and brain when commenting on the Homebush event - a rarety.

Very true Rombles, even more of concern was that there weren't many grandstand seats to begin with. It was mentioned less than 10,000
Still if you had been there you would have probably noticed the larger crowds on the ground and in the corporate suites. If if the official figures were half right then it still blows Eastern Creek to the weeds.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2595080)   #270
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=D.R.T.;2594914]Yeah over 10,000 of them on Sunday. Maybe a reflection on the amazing viewing and spectacle the day before?

Thank god TC waved his magic wand and washed away the 70,000 cap on Saturday Surely he doesn't expect anyone to take him seriously?

It is possible DRT that more than 70000 different people were in the precinct (sounds like a NY ghetto) on Saturday though.
I happened to be at Central station at 6 on Saturday night and there were heaps of people in team gear on their way home and plenty of Chisel fans heading for the Olympic Park trains.
I for one don't know how many of the 50000 attending the Chisel gig also attended the Saturday race, but it is possible that the total tickets sold and used on the day exceeded 70k. Tony seemed pretty serious about risking being put in the slammer for popping his cap !
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2595103)   #271
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So there wasnt 70,000 there each day as Ch7 kept saying?

Was a lot of crashes over the weekend - suprised me about how difficult the best drivers in the counrty found the course...
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2595117)   #272
Negotiator
Rookie

Negotiator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, why the hell didn't **** channel 7 show Jamie do his burnout like it always is shown at the end of the championship.

NASCAR dose a better job of showing celebrations and burnouts

7 and the joker who dose the camera work for V8s should be sacked and let channel ten do the job as they were miles better.

Waited all year to see a V8 Supertaxi to do a burnout
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2595118)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
So, why the hell didn't **** channel 7 show Jamie do his burnout like it always is shown at the end of the championship.

NASCAR dose a better job of showing celebrations and burnouts

7 and the joker who dose the camera work for V8s should be sacked and let channel ten do the job as they were miles better.

Waited all year to see a V8 Supertaxi to do a burnout
Blew the rears too... made sparks in the end... it was on the on-course teev...
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2595120)   #274
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Whats wrong with it?

Drivers running out of talent shouldn't ever require track changes......
I didn't see it as a lack of talent issue......drivers were doing heavy braking up the inside and the driver in front was getting caught out wide in the marbles on amny occassions.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2595123)   #275
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I didn't see it as a lack of talent issue......drivers were doing heavy braking up the inside and the driver in front was getting caught out wide in the marbles on amny occassions.
Likewise turn 8 at Adelaide. Make a decision on whats safe and whats not......