Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3694948)   #226
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Massa could still be an excellent stop gap for 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...gramme-in-2017
Old 9 Dec 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3694950)   #227
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Massa could still be an excellent stop gap for 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...gramme-in-2017
I thought that too, but it does clearly say 'following his retirement from Formula One...'
Old 9 Dec 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3694953)   #228
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought that too, but it does clearly say 'following his retirement from Formula One...'
I think part of the hope here is that when Massa "retired" there was no prospect of a decent drive, and Williams were looking for Stroll's cash.
Now there is a decent seat available and Massa unlike Button seems very keen to keep racing, so he should be an excellent seat holder until an Alonso, Vettel or similar is available in 2018.

He must at least be in with a good shot, surely?
Old 9 Dec 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3694968)   #229
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think part of the hope here is that when Massa "retired" there was no prospect of a decent drive, and Williams were looking for Stroll's cash.
Now there is a decent seat available and Massa unlike Button seems very keen to keep racing, so he should be an excellent seat holder until an Alonso, Vettel or similar is available in 2018.

He must at least be in with a good shot, surely?
I admit that I think he'd fit in well at Mercedes. On a good day he can turn out a good performance, and being honest, he generally makes a very subservient number two driver. Another bonus is that he doesn't seem to make a habit of throwing the car into the wall or break it any other way too.
My main doubts is his consistency (especially without Rob Smedley to hold his hand...)
Old 9 Dec 2016, 11:51 (Ref:3694972)   #230
wnut
Veteran

Your reasoning is pretty similar to mine, and he can be extremely quick too, not that 2016 was his best showing.

Was Rob Smedley still his race engineer in 2016, I thought he was moved to having overall responsibility for both cars at the end of 2015?

Last edited by wnut; 9 Dec 2016 at 11:57. Reason: Punct.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3694984)   #231
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
See post 191 in this thread.
Oh dear awfully sorry to have wastedyour clearly valuable time......
Old 9 Dec 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3695010)   #232
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-mercedes-move

Now, to be fair, Flávio is so crooked that if he swallowed a nail he'd sh*t a corkscrew, but this reinforces what I've been saying. Alonso is contracted to McLaren until next year and I expect him to stay there.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3695012)   #233
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but surely the parties can mutually agree to ignore the contract...in much the same way Flav let Alonso start working at Mclaren before his Renault contract expired.

or how Mclaren and Alonso mutually agreed it would be better to terminate his Mclaren contract early.

or how despite Renault (ING years) extending/picking up Alonso's contract extension for 2009 and 2010, Alonso had a secret Ferrari contract which allowed him to leave for Ferrari for the 2010 season.

there was also something weird about his return to Mclaren and Ferrari letting him go early on account of SV showing up i would think.

lets be honest here...when it comes to Alonso and his contracts its always been anyone's guess where the guy will end up.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3695013)   #234
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i should add that i agree that while Alonso looks to be a serious long shot for the Merc seat his employment history does allow for there to be a lot of speculation in this area.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3695027)   #235
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Joe Saward is saying it's Alonso to Mercedes..
Old 9 Dec 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3695034)   #236
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Actually he says....

"Told you so...it's not happening"
Old 9 Dec 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3695039)   #237
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Actually he says....

"Told you so...it's not happening"
On the email I got it just said told you so, I didn't get the not happening bit!
Old 9 Dec 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3695043)   #238
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joe is trolling his readers!

Richard
Old 9 Dec 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3695045)   #239
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Joe Saward has no need to troll...
Old 9 Dec 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3695046)   #240
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
There is Flav saying it won't happen.
Joe Saward saying it won't happen.
Which means it probably will.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3695057)   #241
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Joe Saward is saying it's Alonso to Mercedes..
IMO that guy has a history of speaking in riddles, answering questions in as few words as possibles and when something happens always saying "see, I told you", "I was right!" even when he did say something else previously.

In a way he is similar to FormulaHistory: just spit out as many lists/rumours/"facts" as you can, and surely one of them is bound to happen.

Last edited by gert; 9 Dec 2016 at 21:26.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3695093)   #242
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Dec 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3695111)   #243
wnut
Veteran

Old 10 Dec 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3695138)   #244
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
LOL !
Old 10 Dec 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3695161)   #245
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 10 Dec 2016, 20:47 (Ref:3695193)   #246
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love it
Old 11 Dec 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3695311)   #247
Moneyseeker
Veteran

In a similar vein...

Gianmaria Bruni ‏@GianmariaBruni Dec 2
after this big news... someone waiting in Brackley

Old 11 Dec 2016, 21:46 (Ref:3695353)   #248
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams rebuff Mercedes' initial bid for Bottas, with more discussions to come.
Sainz seems to be second on the list now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38282791
Old 12 Dec 2016, 01:14 (Ref:3695386)   #249
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Wehrlein is a better bet for Mercedes than Bottas. But the Lowe-to-Williams move is potentially much more interesting.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3695502)   #250
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mercedes - Hamilton, Bottas
Willaims - di Resta, Stroll

Wehrlein ?