Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Mar 2004, 12:45 (Ref:905837)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best Sounding Car in the Le Mans Car Parks

OK, so I'm being facetious.

But I think we've probably exhausted this particular theme, eh?

I won't merge the other threads (yet), but I'm thinking about it......

Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:02 (Ref:906026)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Re: Best Sounding Car in the Le Mans Car Parks

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
OK, so I'm being facetious.

But I think we've probably exhausted this particular theme, eh?

I won't merge the other threads (yet), but I'm thinking about it......

I am not biased at all but the best sounding car in the campsite is mine
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:08 (Ref:906033)   #3
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sure ain't mine

The horn has a nice tone though, not girly shril, nor truck loud.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:10 (Ref:906038)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
It would have to be a BMW M3!

Curse me now and forever, but I couldn't resist :-)
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:20 (Ref:906049)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Consider yourself cursed.....

(Actually, I'd be delighted to have an M3 in the Le Mans car park, personally. That would be the proper place).
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:24 (Ref:906056)   #6
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car park - that almost implies tarmac!!!!!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 15 Mar 2004 at 16:24.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:26 (Ref:906058)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well at least its not Silverstone mud.....
Old 15 Mar 2004, 17:26 (Ref:906113)   #8
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so you have the best sounding car on the campsite mal. what is it?
Old 15 Mar 2004, 17:28 (Ref:906115)   #9
Carse
Racer

mine would have to be an ultima gtr, noble m12 gto3r (mine!) or a porsche 993 turbo s! last of the air cooled motors. true porsche!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 18:08 (Ref:906166)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Last year, and for most of the years I have been, I have taken my 1961 Austin Healey 3000 which is a really good sounding car. Although I took a Maserati 3200GT (with tubi sports exhaust)for a couple of years which sounded awesome. This year I am expecting to take a Ferrari Dino 246GTS
Old 15 Mar 2004, 18:14 (Ref:906173)   #11
Carse
Racer

is that a straight 12 or a v12? produces a nice sound any way!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:05 (Ref:906398)   #12
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Dino is a V6, and a sweet sounding beast! Would make me turn around and look!

If I ever make it to Le Mans, the crowd could all ride Vespas for all I care, as it is the cars ripping by on the track.

Counting days to Sebring, with most of the same sounds!

Yea, and Hawaiian Tropic Girls!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:09 (Ref:906406)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well at least its not Silverstone mud.....
No Ayse they are all tarmac now - u what mud try Donnigton, which reminds me going there tomorrow (to play with some touring cars).

Anyway back on topic sounds in the Le Mans car park, the only noice I have every heard in there is people snoring, thank god I am on campsite this year.......

Last edited by rdjones; 15 Mar 2004 at 22:17.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:14 (Ref:906413)   #14
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as bad as what Silverstone used to be though!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:45 (Ref:906440)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Car parks and exhausts. Unfortunately one of those concrete brick place markers left its mark on our exhaust once!

Luckily there are some great sounds to hear that cheer you after a crunching exhaust sound. The beauty about the Le Mans car parks is that you get such an array of sounds.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 06:02 (Ref:906707)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The best sound I can hear in the car parks is the one coming from the track !
Old 16 Mar 2004, 06:59 (Ref:906723)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The best sound I can hear in the car parks is the one coming from the track !
Never heard that, because when things are on the track I am not in the car park!
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:21 (Ref:906761)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Never heard that, because when things are on the track I am not in the car park!
It happend sometimes when you've to go there to pick up bottles from your trunk for the Ten-tenths thirsty members !

Last edited by Fab; 16 Mar 2004 at 08:21.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:33 (Ref:906775)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Actually, silly though it sounds, one of my favourite moments each year is when I arrive in the car park at Le Mans (rouge, usually). Its that moment of final realisation that I'm back at the source of the Holy Grail once more......
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:50 (Ref:906791)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The best sound is the very first one in the season : the very first engine starting in the pits, on friday/saturday before the sunday PQs day... it was a Maranello Prodrive for me last year... in the silence, you sudenly hear an enormous roar coming out of a garage, the car is still hidden to the eyes, and you can't help it, you're hooked, you speed up your walk...
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:53 (Ref:906795)   #21
Mal
Veteran

England
London
As I dont go to PQ for me then it is the first engine on Thursday evening qualifying
Old 16 Mar 2004, 09:42 (Ref:906828)   #22
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the best sounding car and most distinctive in the car park could be a Tiger Z100WR. A Caterham Seven lookalike with 4WD and two 1200cc Kawasaki engines joined together reving in unison!
http://www.tigerracing.com/cars/z100main.htm
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:04 (Ref:906845)   #23
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This must be you at Indianapolis then Robin. I must admit I don't remember the sound making an impression, but you certainly don't see many of these around. Do you get many transmission problems?
H
Attached Thumbnails
tiger.jpg  
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:17 (Ref:906856)   #24
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish it was me! Unfortunatly I cannot afford such Machinery. This sort of setup is an engineering masterpiece, I believe there have been transmission, chain snaps and throttle syncronisation problems with all these dual engine types of setups but they have been pioneered and perfected in Autograss racing for some time. There are many Class 7 (car body and Class 10 (open wheeled) cars with dual Honda Blackbird, Suzuki Hayabusa and Kawasaki engines in. I think most problems are sorted now but I but if you brok down on the road the AA would have trouble fixing it and I dont think you can get a Haynes manual for one of these!
Old 16 Mar 2004, 13:40 (Ref:907015)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Actually, silly though it sounds, one of my favourite moments each year is when I arrive in the car park at Le Mans (rouge, usually). Its that moment of final realisation that I'm back at the source of the Holy Grail once more......
I know what you mean, for me it is the first time I glimpse the grandstands while driving in. This always raises a smile no matter how hot (or wet) it is or how far we have come!