Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Dec 2017, 00:06 (Ref:3784980)   #5296
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Wasn't there talk that Toyota had a version of the turbulent jet ignition in the TS050 this year?
Yes, that's correct. And both 919 and TS050 has already developed similar Jet Ignition system for WEC. However, they work in the same principle but designed to last for endurance rather than short sprint(F1)
The main difference between WEC system and F1 is that, In F1 you can overhaul the Engine after the race (clean the sub-chamber) VS WEC everything needs to last >24hr thus you can not clean the sub-camber.

There are more to it but that's the idea
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3787234)   #5297
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ASTON MARTIN THINKS HYPERCARS COULD SAVE LE MANS RACING

http://www.motortrend.com/news/aston...ium&utm_source
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3787238)   #5298
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol yeah right. Aston Martin, the kings of running with shoestring no-budget and entirely relying on balance of performance lottery tickets instead of own development.

Also the bit about "Aston Martin will never compete in a prototype category because it has no relevance to us"" - made me laugh so much. THEY WERE STILL IN LMP1 JUST SIX YEARS AGO. But I guess they didn't care about relevancy back then until one day realized it, that must've been the reason why they went away

Of course they want to compete in the top category if they get it EASY. Their forever motto...

Last edited by Chiana; 15 Dec 2017 at 13:03.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3787287)   #5299
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Lol yeah right. Aston Martin, the kings of running with shoestring no-budget and entirely relying on balance of performance lottery tickets instead of own development.

Also the bit about "Aston Martin will never compete in a prototype category because it has no relevance to us"" - made me laugh so much. THEY WERE STILL IN LMP1 JUST SIX YEARS AGO. But I guess they didn't care about relevancy back then until one day realized it, that must've been the reason why they went away

Of course they want to compete in the top category if they get it EASY. Their forever motto...
I don't think they speak the truth entirely, but they are making a profit now. Maybe their mother company is freeing up a little bit more cash now. There's a brand new Vantage for next year, you know. And the Valkyrie could be such a car that they have that might be good for the type of GTP rules.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3787313)   #5300
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't think they speak the truth entirely, but they are making a profit now. Maybe their mother company is freeing up a little bit more cash now. There's a brand new Vantage for next year, you know. And the Valkyrie could be such a car that they have that might be good for the type of GTP rules.
Unless the new LMP1/GTP rules are centered around constant performance balancing (which would be absolutely horrendous), I cannot see Aston Martin doing any good in top category even if they managed to get moderately bigger budget. Because they would need astronomically more funds than even for their Lola-borrowed campaigns. Will they free up that much money for Prodrive even with increased sales?

This is the company I have the least faith in when it comes to possibly lobbying new prototype rules. Even McLaren demanding road car styles, or Peugeot wanting economy cost caps is less worrying because at least they'd probably want to have more engineering in it, not just BoP mixed in with cheapness
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3787320)   #5301
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Unless the new LMP1/GTP rules are centered around constant performance balancing (which would be absolutely horrendous), I cannot see Aston Martin doing any good in top category even if they managed to get moderately bigger budget. Because they would need astronomically more funds than even for their Lola-borrowed campaigns. Will they free up that much money for Prodrive even with increased sales?

This is the company I have the least faith in when it comes to possibly lobbying new prototype rules. Even McLaren demanding road car styles, or Peugeot wanting economy cost caps is less worrying because at least they'd probably want to have more engineering in it, not just BoP mixed in with cheapness
Unless their link with Red Bull results in Mr A. Newey designing the car.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3787321)   #5302
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Unless their link with Red Bull results in Mr A. Newey designing the car.
I forgot that rebadging deal even existed

But mr. Newey's one month salary is probably bigger than all of Aston Martin Racing's campaign budgets for the entire year
Old 16 Dec 2017, 01:39 (Ref:3787366)   #5303
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow I see a lot of hatred to Aston Martin here!!!
you do not forget that Aston gave us the last LMP1 with iconic sound.
The V12 was fantastic. Many people in this forum are crossing their fingers for the return of Judd V10 next year and this V12 was even better.
I personally have the feeling that the victory of Mazda with that iconic rotary generated more passion than all the 13 victories of Audi many times with engines without soul.
The Valkyrie have a V12 engine and this moves my heart for a future GTP-LMP1.
Old 16 Dec 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3787449)   #5304
Chiana
Veteran

The engine in the Lola was amazing - and I did love DBR9 (except for 2006 ALMS) - but I haven't liked anything they've done since
Old 17 Dec 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3787745)   #5305
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Wow I see a lot of hatred to Aston Martin here!!!
you do not forget that Aston gave us the last LMP1 with iconic sound.
The V12 was fantastic. Many people in this forum are crossing their fingers for the return of Judd V10 next year and this V12 was even better.
I personally have the feeling that the victory of Mazda with that iconic rotary generated more passion than all the 13 victories of Audi many times with engines without soul.
The Valkyrie have a V12 engine and this moves my heart for a future GTP-LMP1.
Well put it this way. I enjoy the Porsche 911 RSR, Corvette C7R, and Ford GT much much more than the Aston.

Would help if the Aston can get that sound back to be like the one their Lola LMP1 coupe was.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3787747)   #5306
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as 2020-21 LMP1 regs go. I think the Corvette DP is a great example of what the cars should end up looking like. Loved that car. Too bad no other makes could do something like it. Ford tried it but it was horrific. But yeah good past examples to go by would be the Mercedes CLK/SLR (non flipable), and Porsche GT1.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3787792)   #5307
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
très simple:

Old 18 Dec 2017, 02:37 (Ref:3787798)   #5308
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
That R8C is closer than the R18, but you take the Audi logo off of either car and you won't know who makes it. That's why at least with this car you know it's a Mercedes because the headlight assembly, grille and the color for instance (color is tough because lots of companies use the same color, like red)

Last edited by TF110; 18 Dec 2017 at 02:42.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3788082)   #5309
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a beautiful car that Merc. The early Audi above isn't bad either.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3788090)   #5310
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That R8C is closer than the R18, but you take the Audi logo off of either car and you won't know who makes it. That's why at least with this car you know it's a Mercedes because the headlight assembly, grille and the color for instance (color is tough because lots of companies use the same color, like red)
That's why it's called 'styling clues', most of the late 90s LMGTPs couldn't be recognized if you take the badges and such off of them. It's just that the general shape and designs of those cars were more esthetically pleasing to most folks (me included) than nowadays prototypes.