Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Nov 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3784367)   #796
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes Silverstone was ALREADY off for next year, but that was because their intended January/February slot failed. Probably Bahrain or whoever didn't come up with the cash in time. I personally don't give rats ass about the place but that's beside the point.

The American market has failed for WEC because they've foolishly been attempting it in COTA where nobody cares. And it's not a pre-established event like Sebring and PLM/RA are. You don't have to raise them up from nothing, they're already there.

Besides having two American events already worked out just fine in 2011.
Silverstone was temporarily off for one year because of the move to the winter series. Even one year missing was enough for such a kick back that it was put back on. Your solution removes Silverstone AND Spa and alternates them every year, the very thing people weren't willing to accept for one year for one track. Unless you're going for an approval rating lower than Max Mosely after he attended some very questionable parties, that isn't going to work.

The reason for the failed January slot was feedback from the teams that they are prepping for the Daytona 24, including the Roar, during those times.

2 American events worked great in 2011. But this isn't 2011, and this isn't even the same series, doesn't involve the same teams, or organisers. Are we moving with the times, or looking backwards?

Quote:
Lol messing up with ELMS, yes this most minor of changes surely would send them to their doom as for "booming", you can have different viewpoints on that... And even if you insist on it, ELMS of today wouldn't be the same as now if not for the dramatical changes implemented for 2012 which almost killed the series... even though it had been doing just fine the previous year and from the spectator point required no tinkering.
My viewpoint of booming is the series is healthy. It has a high car count, good quality teams, variety, and crucially is acting as a ladder like was intended. ELMS has found a good spot.

What you are suggesting isn't a major change, but it's completely unnecessary. You basically admit that the dropping of Spa and Silverstone would be the most disliked move since the invasion of Poland, so throw the fans a bone, here's an extra 2 hours at Spa in a different series. Somehow I don't think that's going to cut it.

Quote:
The 2018/19 calendar is already more of a revolution than what I'm suggesting in modding it. Sometimes you have to change things to comply with changed times...
Actually your change is much more more revolutionary, and a step back. You're incorporating the winter season move as well (which is the big bit), and the Sebring race (the other big bit), but you're also suggesting dropping the 2 most popular circuits on the calendar. What is that if it's not revolutionary?

There is a lot of irony in the statement of change to comply with changed times. What you're trying to do is recapture the ALMS glory by trying to bring factory P1 teams back to Petit and Sebring, because you hate the current IMSA format. I understand (although don't agree) with your dislike of IMSA, but you're trying to roll the clock back to the ALMS days, and you'll happily drop the popular circuits to try and get it back. That isn't moving with the times - that's moving backwards.

It may seem like a strong opinion, but you of all people should appreciate that. The WEC did a fan survey, and although it was a bit poor (just like all the others), there were certain things that did come from it. We've complained a LONG time about the ACO not listening to fans, and now they finally listened it'd be stupid to suggest we then ignore them.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 30 Nov 2017 at 20:33.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3784368)   #797
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Mexico should be part of the calendar, it's one of the best races. Sao Paulo is a must too.
I love these too, just not sure where they would fit. Sau Paulo needs to solve the crime problem around the circuit too - the recent F1 race was ridiculous.

--

We have to be realistic here.

Silverstone - the fans spoke. It stays
Fuji - As long as Toyota is around, it stays. And it's popular
China - I don't like it, but it seems to be popular and there's some Chinese teams and money around.
Bahrain - It's paying for it's race. It won't disappear
Sebring - We're lucky we have such an awesome race. I hope it is a success
Spa - Come on, it's one of the greatest circuits in the world.

I'd love to see Monza and Sau Paulo over China and Bahrain, but I don't see it happening.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3784401)   #798
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
I like the ideas of where we all want them to race, but this is off topic a little. Our 'fantasy schedule' has been done in another thread iirc.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3784435)   #799
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
DSC reporting that wheel changes will be allowed during refueling in the ELMS and two wheel guns can be used at the same time.

This probably mirrors what the ACO want to do with the WEC's pit stops, seeing as the ACO run both the WEC and ELMS.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3784442)   #800
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
DSC reporting that wheel changes will be allowed during refueling in the ELMS and two wheel guns can be used at the same time.

This probably mirrors what the ACO want to do with the WEC's pit stops, seeing as the ACO run both the WEC and ELMS.

Hmm, I don't like this idea. I think it's an incentive to destroy the tires at every stint, and that's bad for those teams with amateur drivers that could save some time doing double stints with the same set of tires and maybe a lower mixture.

I come from the development of simulation of race cars and it's proved that allowing tire change while refueling only benefit the faster drivers.

If we talk about LMP1 private teams vs manufacturers, it could be an option to balance the performance.

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 1 Dec 2017 at 02:01.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3784454)   #801
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Problem is that the ACO are keeping the tire limits in both the LMS and WEC, so teams will still have to double stint multiple times during a race. Only time that gets invalidated is if it rains.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3784562)   #802
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Problem is that the ACO are keeping the tire limits in both the LMS and WEC, so teams will still have to double stint multiple times during a race. Only time that gets invalidated is if it rains.
That's what I was thinking.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3784922)   #803
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I like the ideas of where we all want them to race, but this is off topic a little. Our 'fantasy schedule' has been done in another thread iirc.
Yes I think I'm not going to go into it, also as again neither sides agrees with the other
Old 6 Dec 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3785350)   #804
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Updated list of non-European/non-Asian Grade 1 and Grade 2 circuits from the FIA list of October 24, 2017. The changes versus the July 2017 list are the adding back in of several North American tracks (Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Sonoma, Toronto).

USA: COTA*, Indy*, Barber, Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, Long Beach, Nola, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, VIR, Watkins Glen
Canada: Montreal* (not on list but assumed), Mosport, Toronto street course

Mexico: Mexico City*
Brazil: Interlagos*
Argentina: Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo

South Africa: Kyalami

Australia: Albert Park*, Eastern Creek, Surfers Paradise
New Zealnd: Taupo

* = Grade 1, rest Grade 2
Old 6 Dec 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3785367)   #805
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
I have to have a bit of a laugh seeing Lime Rock, NOLA, and VIR on there, given all the times people say some other tracks "aren't up to snuff", yet those three "make the cut".

Also, I'm not sure how Taupo makes Grade 2; it's been several years since A1GP was there, and the GT3s run Hampton Downs and Highlands, not Taupo, in NZ.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3786037)   #806
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche WEC Driver Line Ups:

#91: Gianmaria Bruni, Richard Lietz
#92: Michael Christensen, Kevin Estre
Old 11 Dec 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3786302)   #807
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody have an idea on what the car numbers of the BMW M8s are going to be?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3786346)   #808
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2018 WEC Season

The rumour mill that is Motorsport.com is putting Jani and Lotterer in a Rebellion LMP1 next year.... apparently an announcement is due in the next few weeks

Lotterer / Jani / Menezes / Laurent / Senna / Beche.....

Pinch of salt for now
Old 11 Dec 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3786355)   #809
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
The rumour mill that is Motorsport.com is putting Jani and Lotterer in a Rebellion LMP1 next year.... apparently an announcement is due in the next few weeks

Pinch of salt for now
Now that'd be a ****king good squad!
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3786419)   #810
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

Pinch of salt for now
Or put more accurately - the Auto Hebdo story that said the same 3 days earlier!