Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Nov 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3781082)   #16
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just let it be known that I am first and foremost a fan of GT racing and the IMSA series. A big fat "TEN" for GTE Pro from me as seen below:

FIA World Endurance Championship - 7
European Le Mans Series - 0
Michelin Le Mans Cup - 0
Asian Le Mans Series - 0
Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup - 0

Spa 6 Hours (2018-19) - 7
Le Mans 24 Hours (2018-19) - 10
Silverstone 6 Hours (2018) - 7
Fuji 6 Hours (2018) - 7
Shanghai 6 Hours (2018) - 7
Sebring 1500 Miles (2019) - 10 (curious to see how this goes for sure)

LM P1 - 5 (lowered from 8 with Porsche gone)
LM P2 - 3
LM P3 - 0
LM GTE-PRO - 10
LM GTE-AM - 3
Old 18 Nov 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3781156)   #17
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTheMightyM should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMSA has a more compelling product than the WEC right now. Part of it is that I prefer 2:40 to four hour races as the norm with the occasional, special longer race to the WEC's standard cookie cutter six hour contests.

FIA World Endurance Championship: 6
European Le Mans Series: 8 -- I'm saddened when ELMS teams go to the WEC
Michelin Le Mans Cup: 1
Asian Le Mans Series: 1
Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup: 0 -- as Victor wrote above, this is a thing?

Spa 6 Hours (2018-19): 7.5
Le Mans 24 Hours (2018-19): 9
Silverstone 6 Hours (2018): 6
Fuji 6 Hours (2018): 4
Shanghai 6 Hours (2018): 4
Sebring 1500 Miles (2019): 8

LM P1: 8, though it depends what on the actual variety and quality of the product
LM P2 (for 2017): 8, less if a series is like the WEC in 2017 and effectively spec
LM P3: 3 -- too many spinning am drivers and about two of the five constructors actually matter
LM GTE-PRO: 8 -- I should like this more, but coverage of the class always seems to get lost compared to the LMP1 and even LMP2 battles in the WEC. Also usually not as close/interesting as IMSA GTLM.
LM GTE-AM: 3 -- meh.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3781469)   #18
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOL how the hell is CHIANA giving away some of the more better scores here?

I think my scale was somewhat more generous than others, I mean I'd probably drop make at least the regional series drop by couple of points now. I mean if I don't actually really follow them, why grades
Old 19 Nov 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3781474)   #19
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Likewise.......
Old 19 Nov 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3781483)   #20
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes

I don't actually care for Spa 6 Hours as an event either, I'm only looking forward it to next year because it's the opening race for these new nonhybrids and possibly Alonso. However even in 2019 it will be worth watching if LMP1 is genuinely as interesting as it seems to be

Le Mans and Sebring will be epic
Old 20 Nov 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3781581)   #21
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa used to be mega with around 50 cars showing up for the LM dress rehearsal - it's not quite the same with entry numbers in the low 30s. I fear the same scenario for Sebring with entries artificially capped to a low 30 number and the track being longer than most of the other regular WEC tracks.

Glad I get to keep my blue flag muscles in shape during the 12H sessions/race!
Old 20 Nov 2017, 05:50 (Ref:3781609)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Spa is still epic. As long as there's a race it'll be great. The track itself lends to that imo.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3781704)   #23
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Spa used to be mega with around 50 cars showing up for the LM dress rehearsal - it's not quite the same with entry numbers in the low 30s. I fear the same scenario for Sebring with entries artificially capped to a low 30 number and the track being longer than most of the other regular WEC tracks.

Glad I get to keep my blue flag muscles in shape during the 12H sessions/race!
Agreed on Spa, didn't even bother with it this year

Most likely they will force that micro grid nonsense for Sebring too which is a shame, but at least it won't be a clone event to every other race. Thanks to both the non-neutered amazing circuit and the distance limit.

Interestingly, if you listened to the RLM piece couple of months ago, it was actually the ACO that first suggested having combined race with IMSA again, like in 2011 ILMC and 2012 WEC, but Bennet and Atherton and NASCAR refused as they wanted to keep their precious DPis on top.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3781827)   #24
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Agreed on Spa, didn't even bother with it this year

Most likely they will force that micro grid nonsense for Sebring too which is a shame, but at least it won't be a clone event to every other race. Thanks to both the non-neutered amazing circuit and the distance limit.

Interestingly, if you listened to the RLM piece couple of months ago, it was actually the ACO that first suggested having combined race with IMSA again, like in 2011 ILMC and 2012 WEC, but Bennet and Atherton and NASCAR refused as they wanted to keep their precious DPis on top.
They enforced the "micro" grid because of freight costs. If they have 30 cars and it costs a set amount for those 30 to ship they go with it. If it costs a certain amount more for just one more car it's not financially viable. So I get the feeling they'd pay too much just to ship 2 or 3 more cars when they can save money by limiting it. Maybe if more entries add up and they get to an amount where the freight is covered by entry fees, it would make financial sense. So why pay for a freight of 40 when you only get 32? So maybe they would be more inclined to pay for 40 if they get an entry amount of 36, 37 etc.?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3781833)   #25
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They enforced the "micro" grid because of freight costs. If they have 30 cars and it costs a set amount for those 30 to ship they go with it. If it costs a certain amount more for just one more car it's not financially viable. So I get the feeling they'd pay too much just to ship 2 or 3 more cars when they can save money by limiting it. Maybe if more entries add up and they get to an amount where the freight is covered by entry fees, it would make financial sense. So why pay for a freight of 40 when you only get 32? So maybe they would be more inclined to pay for 40 if they get an entry amount of 36, 37 etc.?
I'm not entirely against the "full season entry cap", but I'm against blocking one-off entries. I remember couple of years ago Riley wanted to enter Viper for oneoff COTA round but ACO told them no, even though they just had regular micro grid of 30 something vehicles. I also despise when they say "we may accommodate one or more guest entries" when in fact, if they wanted, they could have quite a few if they relaxed their pit allocations and stuff, just like in the ILMC

At Sebring they won't even have the excuse of garage space, since there aren't any garages, just traditional NA pit spots. Which there are plenty of and which WILL be identical to the IMSA ones from what I remember from Neveu on RLM
Old 20 Nov 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3781837)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
I would guess they allocate pit space to teams and if another entry appears, then one team may get a shaft on their space. If they just stated to teams that there is a possibility of extra entries, and they needed to shrink their work space it wouldn't be a problem. Some things they do are questionable, but maybe they change?
Old 21 Nov 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3781851)   #27
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
I would guess they allocate pit space to teams and if another entry appears, then one team may get a shaft on their space. If they just stated to teams that there is a possibility of extra entries, and they needed to shrink their work space it wouldn't be a problem. Some things they do are questionable, but maybe they change?
Agree!
Old 21 Nov 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3781970)   #28
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Spa is still epic. As long as there's a race it'll be great. The track itself lends to that imo.
I've witnessed plenty of boring races there over the years, 30 or so cars (even sportscars, let alone slower ones) on a 7 km track won't quite cut it. No need for worshipping.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3781976)   #29
Chiana
Veteran

The most bizarre thing about Spa nowadays is that they have that separate ELMS weekend in September, it makes absolute zero sense whatsoever

Spa could LITERALLY hold a 70 car grid simultaneously when both paddocks are utilized but no, they just run two separate micro grids at separate times (plus Michelin Le Mans Cup)
Old 21 Nov 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3781989)   #30
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
LM P1 - 10
LM P2 - 7
LM P3 - 5
LM GTE-PRO - 1
LM GTE-AM - 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
LM P1 10
LM P2 8
LM P3 5
LM GTE-PRO 4
LM GTE-AM 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
LM P1 - 10
LM P2 - 3
LM P3 - 0
LM GTE-PRO - 3
LM GTE-AM - 0
I'm very surprised that so many forum members ignore GTE-Pro.

It features several factory teams with top drivers, and the cars are awesome.