Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Apr 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3525327)   #1276
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It seems that it isn't.Not listed on EPG or anywhere else.
I contacted Fox Motorsports via the Facebook page last week and they finally got back to me saying to EPG will be updated soon the that it will be on Fox Sport 1
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3525570)   #1277
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
After a weekend that had a V8 meeting and a Gp take place and I find myself in a position where the only motor sport vision I have seen is a couple of clips on news broadcasts I start to wonder if Motor racing risks sinking to Basketball, Netball or baseball as a mainstream sport.
It is very easy to see the short term financial gains by going with pay but I think that both Archer and CVC are adopting a policy of grabbing as much as they can with no thought for the longer term future of the sport.
As it stands if you are a motorsport fan and want to watch your sport live you have to have a family of football fanatics to go anywhere near justifying the cost.
The upshot is that we are increasingly pointing our youngsters away from motor sport towards football. Not good for the sport.
Perhaps it is the fact that I've been around a long time and can remember the days when motor racing was very much a minor niche interest, great fun for those involved but virtually unknown by the general public. No money, no sponsors and no coverage on TV or in the print media.
Are we fans of a dying sport? Less and less young faces in the crowd at race meetings. Are Archer and CVC the smart ones cashing in before the sport fades away? Or are they the ones hastening the end?
Over to you Pecky.
Feel your pain...but Speedweek on SBS often have grass roots stuff when not showing drag racing stuff...
Old 10 Apr 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3525700)   #1278
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Interesting article from the US essentially saying that TV is dying - doesn't matter whether it is terrestrial or cable. We often follow similar paths to the US here so maybe we should be concerned less about cable vs. free to air and more about internet speeds to watch online? http://www.businessinsider.com.au/co...-of-tv-2013-11
Old 10 Apr 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3525702)   #1279
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Interesting article from the US essentially saying that TV is dying - doesn't matter whether it is terrestrial or cable. We often follow similar paths to the US here so maybe we should be concerned less about cable vs. free to air and more about internet speeds to watch online? http://www.businessinsider.com.au/co...-of-tv-2013-11
Reiterating the point I made in a previous post. The interesting part of that will be where the income to run sponsored sports will come from in future years.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3525861)   #1280
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video was going to kill the radio star ... can't say that it did.
Movie theatres were also going to die ... they keep building new ones and refurbing others.

Personally I think they are a bit early with this call on TV carking it.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3525903)   #1281
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Movie theatres were also going to die ... they keep building new ones and refurbing others.

Yeah, I think it has.
Sure there's still a couple of dinosaurs around, but radio these days is all but dead. People only listen to it while driving or in the workplace. The advertising value is zero, with most people zoning out while driving/working anyway. The oldies listen to the ABC with no ads and the younger ones listen to their own music or occasionally to the rubbish, repetitive commercial FM pop music stations.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-1...sacked/6383798
On the TV point, none of our kids watch TV anymore, and apparently, most of their mates are in the same boat. All of their media requirements, news & current affairs, entertainment, sport etc are watched via their PC's, laptops, tablets and of course primarily, their phones. I only watch sport on FTA TV and occasionally an ABC or SBS news service.
With the V8's all but gone off FTA TV, I watched the Tasmanian round on a stream, but they've lost me now. I couldn't be bothered. There's plenty of better quality m/sport streamed live, commercial free, ie WEC Silverstone, Blancpain Endurance this weekend.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3525933)   #1282
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post

Yours is an opinion that a lot seem to hold but the trend over the last half decade or longer is down with no sign of it stopping. The only thing preventing a faster decline is the older generation who are now watching TV in their declining years due to the inability to access other entertainment. My kids do not watch TV, I haven't watched TV for years and if I switch it on I stream off the internet.

The present system where income is produced and sponsors pay because of TV rights is going to cop a kick in the bum in the next few years as it is realised that the viewers are simply not watching as they have done in the past. As I said above where are sponsored sports going to get their income from? Streaming of Oz motor sport is already here and I was told last week that Wakefield Park plan to stream all events and the entrants will have the cost added to their entry fees. They in fact have lost interest in TV it seems. I guess if WP are going to do it then all AASA tracks will go there eventually with a permanent set up, switch it on and you get web streaming.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3528396)   #1283
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another positive experience with Foxtel, piece of **** IQ box dies, get a replacement, of course wiping out all my recordings...

Absolute crap, not even beer service for champagne price.

It is one thing that their set-top boxes are horrible quality, but they leave you no way to get anything off them, and don't offer any transfer method to a new box.

I've been travelling most of this year so I've lost all my Clipsal and Tassie recordings as well as a couple of Grand Prix.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3528398)   #1284
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I mean, that's fairly common with everyone, if th hard drive in your PC dies, you can't really get anything off of it either.

Plus, it's not like there aren't other ways to get the races.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 02:14 (Ref:3528413)   #1285
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I mean, that's fairly common with everyone, if th hard drive in your PC dies, you can't really get anything off of it either.
The hard drive didn't die, the box died in another way, if they gave a **** they would offer to transfer the hard drive or contents.

In the case of my own hard drive, I can back up the files, with an IQ box, I can't.

And they use the cheapest, shittiest Indian-made STB the world has ever seen. Their new box is a complete disaster.

I know there's another way to get the races, but the people that actually pay to get it are the ones at a disadvantage.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3528454)   #1286
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yes you can !!! - or at least reconstruct (Restore) what you had!

I have a very simple NAS back-up (with RAID) system, that continuously backs-up 3 laptops + 1 desktop on my home network! (RAID continuously mirrors 2 drives within the NAS)

I've also suffered a similar heartache, when a 500GB DVD Recorder died, losing 30+ hours of classic recordings!)

It's criminal that some (most?) 'recording' devices are 'unable' to be preserved/backed-up!
Old 19 Apr 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3528763)   #1287
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get yourself a USB hard drive dock (around $40).
Remove the hard drive from the faulty Telstra unit.
Put it in the dock and connect to your PC.

Depending on what file format they have saved as, you should be able to play back on your PC. You may even be able to hook it up to the USB port on your TV for playback.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3528765)   #1288
Mixer
Veteran

It is a foxtel box, runs Linux, and they took it away when they installed the new one.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3528773)   #1289
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah if they took it away not much you can do, except maybe contact them to get it back.

Shouldn't matter if it's running Linux, should still be able to connect to a Windows PC and access the hard drive. If not run up a bootable Ubuntu CD. Will just depend what file format the video files are saved in.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 03:39 (Ref:3528785)   #1290
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Yeah if they took it away not much you can do, except maybe contact them to get it back.

Shouldn't matter if it's running Linux, should still be able to connect to a Windows PC and access the hard drive. If not run up a bootable Ubuntu CD. Will just depend what file format the video files are saved in.
The Foxtel boxes in the last few years (both IQ2 and iq3) have Macrovision copy protection on them which prevents stuff being moved externally.If you have an old box guard it with your life!
Old 19 Apr 2015, 04:00 (Ref:3528788)   #1291
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With most of the stuff on Foxtel just wait ten minutes and they will show a replay replay so you can record it again.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 05:35 (Ref:3529566)   #1292
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the complete guide according to http://tenplay.com.au/sport/v8-supercars/race-dates

Clipsal 500:
Friday - 12-5 on 10
Saturday - 12-6.30 on 10
Sunday - 12-6.30 on 10

Townsville 400
Saturday - 11-5 on 10
Sunday - 11-5 on 10

Sandown 500
Saturday - 12-5 on 10
Sunday - 11.30-5 on 10

Bathurst 1000
Friday - 12-5 on 10
Saturday - 11-5 on 10
Sunday - 7-6 on 10

Gold Coast 600
Saturday - 11.30-6 on 10
Sunday - 12.30-6 on 10

Sydney 500
Saturday - 12-6 on 10
Sunday - 12-6 on 10
Old 21 Apr 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3529574)   #1293
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd never really taken much notice prior to seeing that list, but it's interesting to note that all the non-live races are on the permanent race circuits. There's been a lot of discussion up here in Sth East Queensland, over the last few years regarding the Ipswich event and what it brings to their local economy, but they'll certainly be getting less value now that it is no longer on FTA TV.
Then again, I suppose it may entice more people to head out to enjoy the fantastic facilities at Qld Raceway for the weekend.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3530370)   #1294
Mixer
Veteran

It is satire, but relevant:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...iew:NA:InFocus
Old 27 Apr 2015, 05:09 (Ref:3531085)   #1295
Mixer
Veteran

It begins:
http://www.theage.com.au/business/me...26-1mr23c.html

So the Prime Minister meets directly with the head of Foxtel?

"Minimal changes" to the anti-siphoning list, this is how the death by paper cuts starts.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 07:27 (Ref:3531098)   #1296
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It begins:
http://www.theage.com.au/business/me...26-1mr23c.html

So the Prime Minister meets directly with the head of Foxtel?

"Minimal changes" to the anti-siphoning list, this is how the death by paper cuts starts.
I doubt Senate would agree changes to anti-siphoning laws but I am sure they will agree to licence TV cuts, reach rule and ownership laws. I think Ten would have the 6 big events and drop the SuperSprint rounds after 2020 or even soon. Ten will surely keep Australian Formula 1 and Australian MotoGP. As they are must have. PM should drop US Masters, events from Australian Open that don't involve Australians, reduce NRL and AFL. To what its like now but add BBL and drop all matches of FIFA World Cup just to Australian matches and finals.

There is a thought that Ten will gain more major sports and more news like Fox10 News if Foxtel takeover deal is complete
Old 27 Apr 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3531100)   #1297
Mixer
Veteran

Dude people doubted the Senate would pass compulsory meta data and stupid 3 strikes laws too, and look where we are.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3531107)   #1298
William5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Dude people doubted the Senate would pass compulsory meta data and stupid 3 strikes laws too, and look where we are.
the senate could pass events like US masters and parts of NRL, AFL, FIFA World Cup and Australian Open tennis which seems logical
Old 1 May 2015, 04:08 (Ref:3532416)   #1299
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoying my morning coverage of the practice session of the different categories. Good background vision while I work
Old 1 May 2015, 04:27 (Ref:3532418)   #1300
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jessica Yates efforts in trying to encourage the Ingall v Skaife feud are becoming tiresome.