Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:19 (Ref:3794447)   #326
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I'd get Habul's driving duties over early...
P1 on Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yeah agreed, the current 12 hour champion should settle in quickly

I dont get why they would want to run this car as a pro car and keep the bronze driver in it, surely if that was the case it would have been better to get a quick silver driver and still be able to run pro-am. Im sure they have their reasoning but im just not seeing it
Probably because the bronze driver is funding it?
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3794449)   #327
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Probably because the bronze driver is funding it?
Nah get that, but why race in the pro category, much better chance of winning the pro-am than the pro category. Only bronze driver in the Pro category

But he is funding, so he can race where he wants, just the logic escapes me, maybe the factory support makes its cheaper for him
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3794451)   #328
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
yeah agreed, the current 12 hour champion should settle in quickly
The Merc is a front engined naturally aspirated car and the Ferrari is mid engined and turbocharged. Two different cars with their own particular nuances

Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:47 (Ref:3794452)   #329
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nah get that, but why race in the pro category, much better chance of winning the pro-am than the pro category. Only bronze driver in the Pro category

But he is funding, so he can race where he wants, just the logic escapes me, maybe the factory support makes its cheaper for him
They have 3 Pro Drivers. There are these things called rules...
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:53 (Ref:3794454)   #330
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The Merc is a front engined naturally aspirated car and the Ferrari is mid engined and turbocharged. Two different cars with their own particular nuances

so more like the car he drives on a normal race weekend, so yeah should settle in quickly as you said

Last edited by peckstar; 23 Jan 2018 at 03:04.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 03:06 (Ref:3794456)   #331
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
They have 3 Pro Drivers. There are these things called rules...
Well who knew this.

Which is probably why i said in the original post to get a quick silver driver and then there would only be 2 pro drivers and could run pro-am
Old 23 Jan 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3794457)   #332
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Well who knew this.
Me at least obviously, unlike yourself obviously

Quote:
Which is probably why i said in the original post to get a quick silver driver and then there would only be 2 pro drivers and could run pro-am
Not sure if trolling...

Habul is funding, he wants to try to win the thing, so hires 3 guns. Simples.

Rules state he has to be in Pro category. More Simples

The rest of your points are irrelevant
Old 23 Jan 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3794458)   #333
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Me at least obviously, unlike yourself obviously

Not sure if trolling...

Habul is funding, he wants to try to win the thing, so hires 3 guns. Simples.

Rules state he has to be in Pro category. More Simples

The rest of your points are irrelevant
Well me as well seeing how i said it in the original post.

See im not sure if you are trolling.

Im wondering why Kenny wants to race in the pro category. That is all.. Why he wouldnt rather compete in the Pro-am and be a good chance of a trophy, there has to be some thought pattern behind it, Just wondering what it is.

I really dont expect anyone to know on here, but you never know

Anyway good entry list, Not the best we have had, but some excellent drivers.
Lot more intereste in GT4, will be intetresting watch that category going forward to see how it goes
Old 23 Jan 2018, 03:45 (Ref:3794462)   #334
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Well me as well seeing how i said it in the original post.
Reading your posts, the opposite is clear.

Quote:
Im wondering why Kenny wants to race in the pro category. That is all.. Why he wouldnt rather compete in the Pro-am and be a good chance of a trophy, there has to be some thought pattern behind it, Just wondering what it is.
Because he can probably. Not sure why the query is raised when you admit there is no chance of a definitive answer being provided, and when others present their educated opinion, it isn't taken on board.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 04:45 (Ref:3794463)   #335
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably because Habul may be one of a rare breed of 'amateur drivers' these days, in a similiar vein to the likes of Al Holbert, Paul Newman, Gianpaulo Maretti etc.. who actually wants to win a race, not just get a trophy
Old 23 Jan 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3794505)   #336
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see this thread has been padded-out somewhat since the last time I visited a week or so ago.

For those playing at home, you can go to your settings on here, and specifcally ignore members. Makes for a much more pleasant experience
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3794570)   #337
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I see this thread has been padded-out somewhat since the last time I visited a week or so ago.

For those playing at home, you can go to your settings on here, and specifcally ignore members. Makes for a much more pleasant experience
Of course, I knew that; but had forgotten - thanks for the reminder !
Old 23 Jan 2018, 21:52 (Ref:3794619)   #338
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just noticed Marc Lieb is on the entry list in the Black Swan Porsche.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 01:13 (Ref:3794631)   #339
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
So it turns out this is the reason

Originally it did not have Factory backing, however now With the AMG backing and the provision of Raffaele Marciello the car is running in Pro category (however with a Bronze driver), with Kenny taking more of a back seat.

It will be interesting to see how much time Kenny gets in the seat and if the car can make up the difference against the other all pro teams
Old 24 Jan 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3794669)   #340
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So it turns out this is the reason

Originally it did not have Factory backing, however now With the AMG backing and the provision of Raffaele Marciello the car is running in Pro category (however with a Bronze driver), with Kenny taking more of a back seat.

It will be interesting to see how much time Kenny gets in the seat and if the car can make up the difference against the other all pro teams
I think they'll take a leaf out of the Competition Motorsports/ICE Break book from last year; David Calvert-Jones got his driving time out of the way as early as possible during the race and left the last 6 or 7 hours of the race to the Pros.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3794858)   #341
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, who is going?
Old 25 Jan 2018, 05:06 (Ref:3794864)   #342
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im going to be sat in front of my TV.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3794868)   #343
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there all four days. And this photo from Matty Paul on Speedcafe has me very excited:
Old 25 Jan 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3794898)   #344
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm one of the English marshals that have come across for the meeting. I'll be in the pit/Grid area. Really looking forward to getting my endurance fix and visiting Bathurst

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Jan 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3794902)   #345
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
is it cynical of me to say that a lot of people lauding the MARC cars would have vocally complained about the GRM Monaros?

At the end of the day there is a class for them but they are basically sports sedans.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3794911)   #346
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
is it cynical of me to say that a lot of people lauding the MARC cars would have vocally complained about the GRM Monaros?

At the end of the day there is a class for them but they are basically sports sedans.
Huge differences between the MARC and the Monaro. Capped lap times for one.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3794912)   #347
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah fair that it isn't in outright contention.

I'm just ****ed off, I am missing the race _again_ due to flying to Europe Saturday morning.

I managed to download the race last year and watch it on the way back...

Last edited by Mixer; 25 Jan 2018 at 10:44.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3794933)   #348
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
I think its the best field as far as driver quality the race has seen, and very wide open. No chance of rescheduling the trip?
Old 25 Jan 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3794934)   #349
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
I think its the best field as far as driver quality the race has seen, and very wide open. No chance of rescheduling the trip?
Sadly its a trade show and I can't move it!
Old 25 Jan 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3794938)   #350
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed. And that it's not trying to pass itself off as something it's not.

Class I for a very logical reason