Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 22 May 2008, 04:21 (Ref:2208763)   #1
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to draw tracks on Excel

I'm amazed at how good tracks come out in Excel and I am kinda jealous, so I'd like to know if anyone is willing to help....please?
Old 22 May 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2208887)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where exactly did you see those excel tracks?

bio
Old 22 May 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2208919)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm thinking that you might be confused with MS Paint ?
Old 22 May 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2209316)   #4
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think so. Excel has some decent vector-line-drawing tools. I don't use them, though.
Old 22 May 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2209327)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No what I meant was that he is looking at designs done with Paint that he perhaps thought was done using Excel...certainly I haven't seen any obvious Excel designs.
Old 23 May 2008, 01:35 (Ref:2209480)   #6
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure what you mean by confused because some of the Excel tracks I've seen recently were posted with the cells still in the background.
Old 23 May 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2209628)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Where did you see them posted? There hasn't been any noticeably Excel on MyTracks recently
Old 23 May 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2209681)   #8
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that's what i was asking earlier. Where did you see those tracks?

(Plus: why would anyone bother using Excel to draw tracks??? It sounds like using Word for net browsing )
Old 23 May 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2209694)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting idea though, a set of coordinates in Excel that get charted into a circuit......
Old 26 May 2008, 04:15 (Ref:2211903)   #10
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Interesting idea though, a set of coordinates in Excel that get charted into a circuit......
I had a go with doing this for some data I had found on the net for Laguna Seca, I ended up growing bored of the whole thing after a while, it was quite tricky. I did manage to recreate the Corkscrew before giving up though.

Mick