Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2016, 23:21 (Ref:3635267)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sport not show.
Hands pole a huge advantage by probably taking the next faster car and moving it further behind.

How does random reverse differ from random forward?
Nooo, I meant a random reverse between 2 and 22 spots.

So at minimum the front row would flip, at the most the fastest car would be starting last.

You pull the number of the reversal after Q3.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 00:05 (Ref:3635274)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm done with watching it if they put in reverse grids. Success ballast, ditto. My own two red lines.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3635458)   #53
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I have to say, I agree. You don't make Usain Bolt wear lead shoes. Or Real Madrid play with ten men.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3635481)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i wouldnt mind reverse grids if the car and track problems could be solved first.

at the moment, the nature of the cars, how these cars behave on track, lift and coast racing, tire degradation (marbles) all mean that there is very often only one racing line.

as it stands now, putting the faster cars at the back would imo just lead to a lot more accidents and as boring as many think the racing is now how much more boring (and dangerous) will the racing become if the only 'safe' spot to pass is along a straight and/or when multiple SC periods become a staple of a GP weekend?

reverse grids would probably be a red line for me as well.

Last edited by chillibowl; 21 Apr 2016 at 18:15.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3635735)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I have to say, I agree. You don't make Usain Bolt wear lead shoes. Or Real Madrid play with ten men.
Exactily what people seem to forget is it's still a sport. And sometimes you need to recognise sporting excellent, even if it's not always an exciting event. I myself have got a lot of admiration for people like Messi and Bolt. After a boring 0-0 draw, you don't suddenly hear football fans calling for major changes. I think they do better at accepting boring games
Old 22 Apr 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3635794)   #56
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cars aint broke. Don't try & fix them!
The racing aint broke. Don't mess with it.
Qualifying has rocovered from being broke. Learn to leave it alone.
The governance of F1 is broke.
The financial system of F1 is broke.
Let's concentrate on fixing those and leave what aint broke alone.
Here endeth the rant!
Old 30 Apr 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3637342)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not exactly an exciting quali session.

down to the cooler temperatures or confirmation that that the new/old system isnt that great to begin with?
Old 30 Apr 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3637381)   #58
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

down to the cooler temperatures or confirmation that that the new/old system isnt that great to begin with?
Probably, and no, also don't be so premature in bashing the current system, it's only been the first after that fiasco that shall not be named.
Old 1 May 2016, 07:19 (Ref:3637453)   #59
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

If Pirelli had included the ultra soft tyre as an option it may have been a bit more exciting (more so in the race) but the Sochi circuit rewards power engines so quali was always going to be a competition among the Mercs.