Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 14 May 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2202018)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Austin Healey BT7 - 5448WY

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hall
The car is a BT7 and ran with twin HD 8s instead of the tri carb set up, had steam injection to the inlet manifolds ( water being drawn from a reservoir and passed through the exhaust manifolds in copper tubes). It also had a Sid 1 high performance cam purchased from Grand Prix Motors Ltd, 118 - 128 High Road SouthTottenham (sorry no date). The picture is that of it being raced/sprinted at possibly Oulton Park, with the photo being taken at cascades? If you can possibly assist in finding more history I would be extremely grateful.
My son at Autosport Towers has received the above request from David Hall, who acquired this car in September 2006 in very poor condition but it is now well into the rebuild. Can we help David with any of this car's history?

Last edited by John Turner; 14 May 2008 at 11:23.
Old 15 May 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2202818)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this thread,sorry to say that the registration is not one familiar to me.However,the Camshaft could be something to do with Syd Segal?
DVLA have an on-line registration check,that could help.
The steam injection sounds like a possible private venture,interesting! I have looked to try and find anything on the history on the registration but nothing recorded.