Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: The most awesome of awesomeness was...
ILMC 2010 0 0%
ILMC 2011 6 50.00%
WEC 2012 1 8.33%
WEC 2013 0 0%
WEC 2014 0 0%
WEC 2015 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Nov 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3591821)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie Favorite Global Sportscar season so far? (2010-2015)

WSC Revival happened little over five years ago. Well, officially only in 2012, but there were two seasons of semi World Sportscars on track before that. So which season made you most happy in the pants?

It's your opinion and yours only. Any definition of best is O.K. Whether it had the best calendar, most entertaining races, favorite Le Mans included in it, best entry lineup, your favorites had best success, most professional organization, most credible looking championship, most popular amongst general public, personal memories making stronger emotions than with others, combination of all things - whatever. You decide. Of course, it helps if you explain yourself...

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Nov 2015 at 21:30.
Old 21 Nov 2015, 04:28 (Ref:3591904)   #2
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
For me, it is EXTREMELY close between 2011 and 2014.

But my vote without question is 2011. Why? I don't think we will, at least for a couple of years now, see the kind of intense and "balls-to-the-wall" battles and rivalries like we did during the Audi/Peugeot era. Those two cars were so evenly matched and neither team wanted to give in to the other both on the podium or going into corners (). But that wasn't all, 2011 was also a great year for privateer P1 numbers, P2 was swell and very healthy, GTE Pro actually had a consistent 10+ grid count and actually had quite a few private entries, and GTE Am was as uninteresting as its always been. On top of that, the ELMS was very enjoyable to watch with well subscribed grids for each race. But what takes the cake for me in 2011 was the STELLAR 24 Hours of Le Mans that year. Never have I witnessed a more gripping finale to the worlds greatest motor race, the battles were immense and often times became a little chippy (Peugeot chopping off the the nose of the Audi going into the second Mulsanne chicane anybody?). So, for me, 2011 was the best year for global sports car racing since 2010 hands down.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3592411)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As for me, I don't think I need to repeat my opinion for the 2011 season as a whole too much again. Let's just say that it was as close at it comes (apart from silly name, and some nitpicks) of what I would describe a perfect season for world class sportscars. Even if the races itself had been horribly boring - which they weren't but for arguments sake - the concept ACO put together makes it a winner. It's also the only season since the beginning of century that I have preferred over the ALMS season counterpart (while it existed)

The seasons from best to least for me
ILMC 11
ILMC 10
WEC 12
WEC 14
WEC 15
WEC 13