Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 28 Sep 2007, 21:35 (Ref:2025394)   #1
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park 6th October

Just looked at the time table for this and it looks like qualifying and racing must all be done before dinner, By the people who race here every meeting so that fun cups what ever they are can drone around for four hours.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 07:49 (Ref:2025557)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
This has been known for ages, and is the case every year. The alternative I suppose is that you get to wait around during the four hours of "droning" fun cup (which normally produce some very close racing incidentally) and race after them. And of course, if there's then any problems or delays, who will end up suffering...

Anyway, regardless of when the race takes place, there's some close championship standings all set for the final round. Any predictions?
Old 29 Sep 2007, 13:58 (Ref:2025714)   #3
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lol pikey, just imagine your race day is like everton's journey in european football............... over and done with in a flash
Old 29 Sep 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2025748)   #4
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not all bad, if you can get packed away early enough, drop all the racing kit of at the workshop, you can then get to Combe not too late on saturday evening. And there isn't really too much hanging around, as usual.

But on the other hand, the final race of the year should have a great line up of different championships, and make the day worth while. Its a shame a great years worth of racing, with both championships going down to the last race will be done and dusted before lunch.

But oh well, it should be a great day. Xavier, Franky and Daly out in Pre90, just adding to the spice that is already there.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2025777)   #5
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
This has been known for ages, and is the case every year. The alternative I suppose is that you get to wait around during the four hours of "droning" fun cup (which normally produce some very close racing incidentally) and race after them. And of course, if there's then any problems or delays, who will end up suffering...

Anyway, regardless of when the race takes place, there's some close championship standings all set for the final round. Any predictions?
He he....

How can you defend the indefendable. We hung around and watched a bit last year. I got more entertainment standing on a Bridge over the M62. Might be fun inside the car, but from a spectators point of view, well, it was more distressing than root treatment at the dentists.....
Old 29 Sep 2007, 16:30 (Ref:2025827)   #6
blue nose
Veteran

Cheers Ste...as we are only getting half a day Diz is going to get us all a 50% refund at the manditory drivers thingy. And a free set of tyres and brake pads from the BRSCC the peoples club.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 20:53 (Ref:2026008)   #7
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoldy
Not all bad, if you can get packed away early enough, drop all the racing kit of at the workshop, you can then get to Combe not too late on saturday evening
Why would you want to get to Combe on Saturday evening Tufty? All you could do would be pick up the results sheets. Why not just get them from the MST website?
Still it's a shame we clash with the CCC again. Maybe next year ..............

And Pikey, I'll treat your observations with the contempt they deserve.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2027078)   #8
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why do you go to the WHT, apart from looking at the results, which will be on MST anyway Diz?

Looking back over this year, there has been some pretty desperate driving going on up front in the latter part of the year. I'd say in the last 5 races, one of the top 4 drivers have been pushed of the track by a top 4 competitor. Hope its all clean this weekend, considering the title is up for grabs by any of the top 4 in the Pre90 and class c championship table.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2027180)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Why do you go to the WHT, apart from looking at the results, which will be on MST anyway Diz?
Anyone ever get the feeling that the point has been completely missed?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:16 (Ref:2027328)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Anyone ever get the feeling that the point has been completely missed?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2027896)   #11
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Why would you want to get to Combe on Saturday evening Tufty? All you could do would be pick up the results sheets. Why not just get them from the MST website?
Still it's a shame we clash with the CCC again. Maybe next year ..............
You will all be welcome at Castle Combe on Saturday evening. A quick dash down the M6/M5 in time for the final at 16.10 but in plenty of time for the awards ceremony and end of season bash (food, drink, band etc. etc.) which starts at 18.30 ish and goes on till late.

Oh and the Irish will be here so it should be a good craic
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:36 (Ref:2027941)   #12
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going by one of those smileys the end of season bash is now gonna be a rave!!

Hope its not above 108dba or you'll be getting complaints from the nimbys
Old 1 Oct 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2028236)   #13
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Old 6 Oct 2007, 16:45 (Ref:2033034)   #14
blue nose
Veteran

Well done James Cole and Dave Bailey for being crowned as the champs of Oulton and Anglesey.

Plus well done to Stu Gough and Dave franklin for their wins.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2033109)   #15
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose
Well done James Cole and Dave Bailey for being crowned as the champs of Oulton and Anglesey.

Plus well done to Stu Gough and Dave franklin for their wins.
I'll second that from a Marshalling persepective

Well done to all and roll on 2008
Old 9 Oct 2007, 10:29 (Ref:2035726)   #16
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

Roxie Marandi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

My name is Roxie and I work for the Fun Cup. I have just seen your comments about our series and am amazed by what I have read. I feel that I must reply to what I have seen...

Firstly, our race was after lunch as we were using the event to raise money for Cancer Reserach UK. Our grid walk before the race was arranged to do this and we could not have raised as much money without using this time in the lunch break on the grid. You may have noticed also that there were camera crews filming the grid walk, in order to feature our charity raising event. I think that many of you will have noticed the girls collecting money with the Cancer Research UK banners and donation boxes. So I am grateful to the BRSCC for letting us hold the race after lunch, as it helped us raise more money for such a fantastic cause.

Secondly, I must make reference to the comments about not knowing what our series is and the fact that the cars "drone" around the circuit. I'm sure that you read the programme and so, you will realise that we had the biggest grid there by far (33 cars). In fact, we had so many entries that we had to extend the licence at the circuit, so that everyone could race. This in itself perfectly demonstrates the success of the Fun Cup series.

I would also like to add here that this achivement is even more fantastic as our cars are a one make series, where all cars are identical in specification and so, the race is purely about driver ability. This was clearly illustrated with the extremely close racing on Saturday and masses of overtaking manouveres throughout the 4 hours. In fact, there was only a 9 second gap between the winner and 2nd placed team, after 4 hours of racing. This perfectly conveys how close our racing is. In fact, the gap is usually less than this. At our Croft double header this year the first race ended with a 1.5 second gap after 3 hours of racing and after race 2, the gap was a mere half a second after a 3 hour race again.

The Fun Cup is also the largest endurance race series in the UK with 264 registered drivers - this is a phenomenal amount.

With reference to the celebs racing...this too was to help us raise money for Cancer Research UK. We put them all through their ARDS tests on Wednesday and they all passed. However, on Friday (the day that I was supposed to be collecting them from the train station), I had a phone call from their agent to say that they wanted us to insure their bodies otherwise they would not allow them to race. Having made several phone calls to many insurance companies, we discovered that they could be personally insured for £80 each. We asked them if they would be so kind as to cover this cost themselves as they were racing for charity and we were losing over £6,000 on their drives, plus we paid for their ARDS, train tickets, hotel and food and much to my horror they would not pay. Therefore, we decided it would be best for them not to attend. We actually raised lots of money without their presence and the day was absolutley fantastic regardless.

Thankyou for reading this and I hope you all had a great 2007 season.

Kind regards

Roxie Marandi
Old 9 Oct 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2035783)   #17
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie Marandi
I had a phone call from their agent to say that they wanted us to insure their bodies otherwise they would not allow them to race. Having made several phone calls to many insurance companies, we discovered that they could be personally insured for £80 each. We asked them if they would be so kind as to cover this cost themselves as they were racing for charity and we were losing over £6,000 on their drives, plus we paid for their ARDS, train tickets, hotel and food and much to my horror they would not pay.
What XXXXX name and shame them

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 9 Oct 2007, 12:29 (Ref:2035831)   #18
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
That is bad form.

All they had to pay was £80 and they didn't. Shame them Shame them......
Old 9 Oct 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2035858)   #19
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
That is bad form.

All they had to pay was £80 and they didn't. Shame them Shame them......
Names are already on the marshals forum!

Wouldn't have recognised them if they had been there either.

As for the racing I thought it was great. I walked around the circuit in the afternoon and should have picked up all the bits (splitters etc.) I could have built my own car! Although I can never follow endurance racing (I struggle with an hour!) I thought some of the moves were great / some ambitious but all seemed to be having a great time - crowd enjoyed it too. And enough safety cars to bunch them up together and give them another go! Was a bit unsure the first time Fun Cup came to Oulton but now I make sure I am always there!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2035917)   #20
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Save you looking on the marshals forum.....

Rachael Tennentt - Miss Great Britain
Jeremy Edwards - Holby City/CBB
Gary Lucy - Grange Hill/Dream Team/Footballers' Wives/The Bill

Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2035955)   #21
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport
Save you looking on the marshals forum.....

Rachael Tennentt - Miss Great Britain
Jeremy Edwards - Holby City/CBB
Gary Lucy - Grange Hill/Dream Team/Footballers' Wives/The Bill
Household names then.........I dare say I would walk right past them in the street. Oh well....................
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2035973)   #22
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
Household names then.........I dare say I would walk right past them in the street. Oh well....................
You wouldn't walk passed Miss Great Britain with out looking twice.....

http://www.miss-gb.co.uk/entrant.asp?ID=500

Last edited by Triple J Motorsport; 9 Oct 2007 at 15:52.

Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2035999)   #23
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport
You wouldn't walk passed Miss Great Britain with out looking twice.....

http://www.miss-gb.co.uk/entrant.asp?ID=500

Oh! That Rachel.

Rubbish Breakfasts..........
Old 9 Oct 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2036083)   #24
Roxie Marandi
Rookie

Roxie Marandi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the racing was fantastic...we have had so many phone calls and emails about the race and the great atmosphere at the start when we were on the grid raising money...we raised £660 so who needs celebs to help you raise money eh!So, thanks to any of you that donated!All we are trying to do is put the fun back into motorsport without letting the fattest wallet win, which i think you saw at Oulton! I think i spoke to lots of you on sat on the grid and I think many of you also spoke to my fun cup girls too!! Hope to see you all at our Oulton race again next year as those of you that I spoke to were extremely friendly. Thanks guys, keep up the good work. x x x ps next year, you are all welcome into our Fun Cup awning for tea, coffee or even beer! we have it all!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 21:30 (Ref:2036301)   #25
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie Marandi
Hi there,

My name is Roxie and I work for the Fun Cup. I have just seen your comments about our series and am amazed by what I have read. I feel that I must reply to what I have seen...
My name is Ian and I co-ordinate - unpaid - the North West Club Formula Ford Championship. I have just seen your comments about our comments on this forum and am amazed by some of what you have written I feel that I must reply to you...

I'm sure that you read the programme and so, you will realise that we had the biggest grid there by far (33 cars). In fact, we had so many entries that we had to extend the licence at the circuit, so that everyone could race. This in itself perfectly demonstrates the success of the Fun Cup series.
I'm sure that you read the programme and so, you will realise that WE had the biggest grid there by far (50 cars). In fact, we had so many entries that - as is the case at every round [seven times at Oulton Park alone per season] we have to have two races as the grid size cannot accommodate all of our entries into one race.

we had to extend the licence at the circuit, so that everyone could race.
Now, now Roxie, The MSA grid size on the International Circuit is already 34 cars, so that must be a bit of PR licence creeping in

You may have noticed also that there were camera crews filming the grid walk
Ah yes, television we have that, with all rounds televised.

Thankyou for reading this and I hope you all had a great 2007 season.
Oh yes we did thank you
One gripe though Roxie is the lack of consideration shown by those Funcuppers at your hog roast, or whatever it was. They very noisily partied until 1.30am on Saturday morning with full Disco boom de boom. Not a very good way to make friends with those in other classes and the marshals who were staying over in, or near, the Paddock and hoping to get a decent nights sleep.

Having had my whingeing response, I feel a lot better now. Best wishes to Paul and all at JPR. Hope to see your lot 'droning away' next season