Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you vote as driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix?
Sebastian Vettel 3 6.52%
Kimi Räikkönen 6 13.04%
Lewis Hamilton 2 4.35%
Valtteri Bottas 1 2.17%
Daniel Ricciardo 2 4.35%
Max Verstappen 1 2.17%
Sergio Pérez 1 2.17%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Paul di Resta 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 2.17%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 29 63.04%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jul 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3755904)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Hungarian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you vote as driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix?
Old 30 Jul 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3756035)   #2
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg for me. he was bloody quick in his Renault, should've been higher, but his grid penalty, pitstop and Magnussen's quest for oral pleasure (https://wtf1.com/post/watch-magnusse...the-media-pen/) cost him even a finish...
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3756043)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Possibly Vettel, with his steering wheel issue and having to keep clear of the kerbs but it's Alonso for me, with 6 place, his best finish to date.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3756073)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso. For dragging that piece of **** McLaren up to 6th.

Special mentions for :-

Kimi - seemed genuinely fast here. Good to see he was competitive, even if he couldn't get past Seb.

Verstappen - despite the mishap at the start, he seemed to have a really good race pace. What could have been?

Vettel - got pole and took the win, but having to deal with the steering problems does take some talent, as well as having his teammate and Mercedes breathing down his neck.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3756126)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton.

And Alonso.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3756143)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A few good performances, with a good mention for Lewis for his keeping his word, he has gone up in my opinion, but for his drive, 6th finish and that wonderful picture of him in the deck chair on the picture of him in a deck chair only choice really
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3756151)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm going to go with Checo, as he had a good race, which could have been better without that pitstop problem
Old 30 Jul 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3756154)   #8
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alonso,as much for his deckchair driving as for forcing the McLaren further into the points than it deserved.Raikonnen deserves a mention for staying so close to the front and surely has demonstrated that he is worth another year.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3756242)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeees yes yes yes yes yes.....Kimi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 Jul 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3756243)   #10
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend.

Daniel Ricciardo DOTR. Best F1 driver in the universe.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3756244)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, with kudos to Lewis for style.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 05:53 (Ref:3756249)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Fred for me - 6th is a great result and the effort in the deckchair gets top marks!
Old 31 Jul 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3756254)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Alonso hands down.

Kimi for stepping up.

Sainz for putting the STR where it probably sbouldn't have been.

Di Resta for a very professional job with no track time!
Old 31 Jul 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3756263)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hamilton.

And Alonso.

Ace I can only understand one of your choices.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3756271)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't consider Kimi for DOTR just for managing to stay with Vettel (after dropping 4sec early on), but can get nowhere near close enough to make a pass on a car that could have been losing 2-3 seconds a lap from steering damage for all we know. He got beaten by a broken car. Just because he's faster than Vettel for the first time this year doesn't make Kimi DOTR. I had to laugh at his comment on Di Resta though, that was hilarious. A complete a-hole comment but still funny.

Hamilton wasn't very fast before the pit stops and never would have passed Verstappen or Bottas otherwise, so he doesn't really deserve it.

Vettel well we don't really know how much time he was losing so he can't be considered.

Verstappen was decent but the mistake at the start ruined that.

Has to get to Freddy Alonso. Even managed to pass on track didn't he (Sainz)? Something the leaders couldn't do.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3756274)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Alonso and Sainz both had good days, Kimi as well looked on it and really should have won by some distance but played the no2 role and held station. Di Resta also did well - given that he'd never driven the car before (and how bad the Williams seemed to be this weekend).

On the flip side - how bad is Ericsson that he managed to qualify behind someone who'd not driven their car before? Verstappen committed the cardinal sin of taking out his teammate and ruining his own race - Red Bull looked more competitive this weekend - and with problems Vettel was having could really have bagged big points. Max made sure that didn't happen - I'd imagine he wasn't exactly popular when he came back in.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3756438)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Difficult one so will go against the grain and vote for Bottas for the most surprising first half of the season and he did it the right way. Respect vote!
Old 31 Jul 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3756507)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post

Daniel Ricciardo DOTR. Best F1 driver in the universe.
Good grief...... Where is that ignore button........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Ace I can only understand one of your choices.

That doesn't surprise me......
Old 31 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3756519)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good grief...... Where is that ignore button........?

That doesn't surprise me......
One driver exceeded expectations by a margin, another performed under his normal high standard.

For Alonso to finish sixth was a great performance, for Lewis to finish fourth was a relatively poor one. I am surprised by your choice on that basis alone, and has absolutely nothing to do with well documented opinion of Hamilton.

I appreciate that the circuit is not a good one to make comparisons, but would genuinely ne interested n you reasoning. (Honest)
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3756543)   #20
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
It's no surprise that this forum continues to produce some very twisted opinions.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3756545)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DOGP: Vettel. Pole, race win, and a possibly wounded car besides.

SOHOGP (Sense of Humour of the GP): Alonso. For the deck chair cameo on the deck chair picture. And fastest lap wasn't bad either.

HBOGP (Honourable Behaviour of the GP): Hamilton. For moving aside for Bottas as promised, even though it threatened his fourth place. Contrasts admirably with Multi21-gate.

SCOGP (Stupid Comment of the GP): Raikkonen. I can't remember his exact words, but for the verbal assault on a driver who had never even sat in a 2017 F1 car until the start of Q1.

PEOGP (Plucky Effort of the GP): Di Resta. Obvious. I don't need to say more.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3756580)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or does Vettel sound very annoying trying to speak Italian? Maybe Grazie Forza Ferrari are the only words he knows?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3756619)   #23
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Is it just me or does Vettel sound very annoying trying to speak Italian? Maybe Grazie Forza Ferrari are the only words he knows?
Yep, with you there. Not only is it annoying, he sounds like a real try hard!

Apparently, these CD's can be found in his motorhome during race weekends.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3756625)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=FAS33;3756243]Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend.

What is so strange about that? A perfectly reasonable contention.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3756656)   #25
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It doesn't really matter. The key thing is he is trying to speak their language, and that gets respect from the Italians involved.
It doesn't have to be perfect, just trying gets you respect.

On a similar note: ever been to France? Try to get some help at a random place outside your hotel.
Let's see what gets you the best return: ask something in perfect English, or ask something in very bad French.