Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jun 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1642273)   #601
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big news
http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=5490&cat=FIA_ETCC&nome=WTCC&cart=news_fia|etcc
Old 27 Jun 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1642384)   #602
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My Italian isn't up to much - but is the article saying N Technology seperates from Fiat ? That surely isn't good news for a future works programme.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1642441)   #603
DPRacing
Racer

Sweden
Lund
DPRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Babel Fish translation:

N Technology becomes independent and hour the society that in championship WTCC lines up the Alpha Romeo 156 is only in the hands of the Sipsz family. From the group of the shareholders Fiat exits Car and hour the N Technology is marketed in how much will be able to collaborate with other automotive Houses. Not only in the WTCC, but also in the GT and the rallies. Changed also the operating center that is found to Malagnino, in province of Cremona. What will happen therefore to the team that has mietuto an incredible number of successes in the contests of the world-wide and European Tourism? To year-end the 156 could go definitively in pension and inasmuch as to the horizon the debut of the Alpha Romeo 159 seems complicated rather, all it leaves to foresee that the N Technology could open the own ones cancels to a new constructor.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1642729)   #604
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This news is not really a surprise for me. I got the impression the relationship between N.Technology and FIAT was no longer a good one. And a few weeks ago I read something about N.Technology wanting to develop and run cars for another manufacturer (Mazda?).

Will N.Technology continue their WTCC involvement this season?
Old 27 Jun 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1642975)   #605
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Alfa 156's are effectively independant anyway.

The Alfa Romeo 'works' project for '07 was always expected to be with someone else (can't remember who though, AF Corse?)

Ford have no involvement anymore with the WTCC after the ineffective Hotfiel Focus project...a Mazda programme would be great - as we know, the 6 series would make a beautiful Touring Car.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1643007)   #606
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As would the Volvo C30
Old 28 Jun 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1643181)   #607
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sportautomagazine reports that LADA could cancel its WTCC program. New management thinks the project is too expensive.

Source: italiaracing.net

I guess we can begin adding LADA name to Skoda/Brilliance list. Can Lotti learn this kind of projects never work?
Old 28 Jun 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1643250)   #608
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I told you so!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=147
Old 10 Aug 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1679135)   #609
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Stanco yesterday was testing MAN racetruck in Czech with Adam Lacko. And he said, that Lacko is about to sign contact with Chevrolet and drive in WTCC. Posibly even in last 3 rounds this year.

So, if it's true, will it be 4th Chevy on the grid or someone out? Larini?
Old 10 Aug 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1679188)   #610
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It would surprise me if Lacko replaces Menu, Huff or Larini. With respect to the Czech but he's not on the same pace as them. It's more logical he will drive a 4th car because the next race is at Brno and there is a Chevrolet factory in the Czech Republic. So to attract spectators it's good to have a local driver.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1702999)   #611
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, now Stanco says, that talks beetwen Lacko and Chevy end up with nothing.

Lacko might drive in German Porsche Carrera Supercup in Stanco's team next year, if anybody cares
Old 19 Sep 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1713965)   #612
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Villota makes WTCC history
Mar*a de Villota, from Spain, will be the first woman to compete in the FIA World Touring Car Championship. The 26-year old from Madrid will make her maiden appearance in the WTCC Race of Spain at Valencia’s Circuito Ricardo Tormo.

She will race a Maurer Motorsport Chevrolet Lacetti backed by Chevrolet España. The race takes place on October 7 and 8.

“Being the first woman in WTCC is nothing new to me, as I was in the same position before in other championships. On the other hand, I am absolutely excited by the idea of competing against the best touring car drivers in the world,” she commented.

Daughter of former Formula 1 driver Emilio de Villota, Mar*a has proved to be competitive in both single-seater and GT cars, achieving brilliant results in the Spanish F3 and Formula Toyota championships, and also in endurance races.

The Switzerland-based Maurer Motorsport, that already took part in the FIA WTCC meeting at Brno, have claimed last weekend the German ADAC Procar title with Vincent Radermecker, who will be Mar*a de Villota's team-mate at Valencia.
Source: FIA WTCC media

Her racing career:
http://www.driverdb.com/racingdriver1325.html

Never heard of her.

I hope we see some extra full season Chevy's (i.e. Chevrolet Germany, Chevrolet Spain, etc.) next season.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1714059)   #613
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I hope we see some extra full season Chevy's (i.e. Chevrolet Germany, Chevrolet Spain, etc.) next season.
It would be cool to see Chevrolet Team Spain or Germany take on BMW Team Spain!

Tags
wtcc