Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Apr 2018, 06:34 (Ref:3813885)   #51
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Well that much is obvious
Well, maybe not all three of them today. In the race anyway.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3813891)   #52
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word "regular" seems to have been overlooked.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3813893)   #53
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It seems to be a common trend that no 3-4 car team can consistantly field a full complement of competitive cars.
Has any team ever fielded a quadruple A+ driver lineup?

Walkinshaw came close to locking out top 4 results, even with the Kellys in two of the cars.

The different development requests of each the A+ drivers would certainly be a distraction though, as it is unlikely you'd find 4 drivers who all had the same preferences. It would be a lot easier to optimise the car development around the requirements of one A+ driver, and the lesser drivers can like it or lump it, lol.

I guess even 888 wouldn't have the resources to let each driver fully develop their car how they want. Or similarly, Hendrick Motorsport. Even they struggle to get all four cars up the front at the same time.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3813905)   #54
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can measure the lack of credibility a team has, when it's known that they've got 4 cars at vastly different levels of specification, drivers seeking preferential treatment, etc, and then have the hide to whinge to the media that they're not moving forward as a group.

It's then easy to understand how one driver pops up out of nowhere in practice, or a previous event, or whever, setting the world on fire, and then to be fighting for scraps for the rest of their contract...

I'd have thought any meaningful results a team can generate, would surpass backhouse politics
Old 8 Apr 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3813908)   #55
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cant tell if you're referring to Prodrive or Nissan.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3813912)   #56
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I cant tell if you're referring to Prodrive or Nissan.
No, never
Old 8 Apr 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3813919)   #57
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Word "regular" seems to have been overlooked.
JW DNF in Adelaide, Van Giz problems today, SVG strategy errors in Albert Park qualy. Or was that driver error induced by handling problems? Also SVG car engineering set up errors at Albert Park. (Sparking 'the car is a heap of junk, it's rubbish' comments)

Agreed that T888 has set such a high benchmark in the past it is easy to criticise more temporary and one off flaws as we have seen this year.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3813927)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ultimately. Impressive by Lowndes today.

to stay in the seat for next year today was a big tick

JLB, rookie drive of the year (so far) today. some would say T8 had 4 of the top 5 in qualyfying. T8 looking the goods

How did Fabs tyre stay on!
Old 8 Apr 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3813929)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You can measure the lack of credibility a team has, when it's known that they've got 4 cars at vastly different levels of specification, drivers seeking preferential treatment, etc, and then have the hide to whinge to the media that they're not moving forward as a group.

It's then easy to understand how one driver pops up out of nowhere in practice, or a previous event, or whever, setting the world on fire, and then to be fighting for scraps for the rest of their contract...

I'd have thought any meaningful results a team can generate, would surpass backhouse politics
It's funny, but I would have imagined a racer for a team owner would be happy when any or all of their cars are competitive.

Yet it hasn’t shown up that way at NisMoAu, WP, Tickford, DJR etc...

888 has probably been on that list for a while too...

SBR ran 3 cars for a while, and the 3rd one was sometime so the most competitive... while BJR took the 3rd car as a budget filler..

Madness..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Apr 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3813943)   #60
Umai Naa
Veteran

You've got one team, with a driver there for various reasons not limited to marketing potential and actual driving talent on the only car that is supposedly paid up for the 3 seasons the contracts are written for, yet it's languishing down the back of the pack. No new chassis forthcoming, a change of engineer as soon as momentum is built, receives evolutions of parts seasons later...

You have another team, who has a driver they've burnt bridges and allegedly garnished the budgets of the other 3 cars to get a seat for, again comes highly praised, and is also wobbling at the back of the field, whilst the rest of the team is going through their annual form slump as they're once again out of step on development with the pointy end of the grid.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 04:51 (Ref:3814278)   #61
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im stoked for WAU thus far, end of story

I still feel a little sentimental, they still seem like HRT to me
until they change brands anyway ...
Old 9 Apr 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3814313)   #62
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a little bit of a Holden benefit so far, with only DJR near on ultimate pace. Either Tickford has got slower (which is hard to believe) or something on the new body panels for the Commodore is working wonders.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3814321)   #63
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Either Tickford has got slower (which is hard to believe)
Why? It's a different spec tyre this year. And Tickford were rarely that consistent anyhow.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3814402)   #64
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this year no Ford (let alone Nissan) will be a real threat for Holdens, especially Triple 8, Reynolds and maybe WAU will be somewhere up there for the whole season. Unfortunately, Scotty Mac will do what he can but I can't see him beating Holdens... huge shame. Now it's even more painful that he didn't get that title last year.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3814853)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems reasonably easy to engineer the speed out of SdS’s Nissan Story Here

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Apr 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3814854)   #66
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yeah, just put the wrong pads in it... and probably de-spec it
Old 12 Apr 2018, 04:14 (Ref:3814956)   #67
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The curious case of the Kelly Krate
Old 12 Apr 2018, 04:59 (Ref:3814958)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

I reckon the sooner she's out of there, the sooner we'll see some form from her.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 05:12 (Ref:3815132)   #69
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I reckon the sooner she's out of there, the sooner we'll see some form from her.
agreed.