Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Dec 2000, 14:17 (Ref:51059)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!

BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm off to er............. climes. Will be in S"£$%a by the 14th. B*&^%$£s.
Old 4 Dec 2000, 21:09 (Ref:51108)   #27
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just had a booking form arrived through the post. Looking at it, the only discount for booking in advance is for the Thunderdome.
Old 5 Dec 2000, 00:20 (Ref:51147)   #28
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm, if alcohol consumption is taking place then it wouldn't be a bad idea going to the show on the Saturday and then going out in the evening and then suffering from hangover on the Sunday. A past experience with Red Bull and Vodka and that part of the country is still fresh in my mind, Woody!!!!!

Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:40 (Ref:52128)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
righto, Saturday it is... There has been talk of going for a meal after the day's fun at the NEC... who's up for that ?
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:48 (Ref:52133)   #30
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I do go to the show you can count me out on the meal. Just parking and getting into the NEC is expensive enough, can't afford a meal as well.
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:51 (Ref:52134)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, no problems Carrie, maybe next year.
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:57 (Ref:52138)   #32
Carrie
Veteran

We're talking about next year here aren't we
Old 13 Dec 2000, 00:18 (Ref:52187)   #33
Lorna
Veteran

I couldn't get Carrie's link to work on the first page so people might want to check out this one:

http://www.autosport-show.com/

Definitely up for Saturday and I think I have talked around Schoey and Redshoes Wahey!

Who's up for it? Need to chat Woody up for some venues so if people post here, I'll email then with details of where we have come up with for a bite to eat.
Old 13 Dec 2000, 00:20 (Ref:52188)   #34
Lorna
Veteran

Forgot this link if people need it:

http://www.necgroup.co.uk
Old 17 Dec 2000, 19:56 (Ref:53040)   #35
Carrie
Veteran

I've just been looking to find out what and who we can expect to see. So, if our very own Rick P isn't enough for you, here's what else you can expect:

The Show is being opened by Murray Walker.

Arrows driver Pedro de la Rosa will visit the event on Saturday January 13th. Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen, Nick Heidfeld and Juan Pablo Montoya are also supposed to be there, but no ideas on which days.

Peugeot Sport will officially unveil its 2001 BTCC challenger, the 406 Coupe at Autosport International.

Touring car drivers Jason Plato and Yvan Muller will be there along with a bunch of rally drivers, Mats Andersson and co-driver Claire Mole, Mark Higgins, David Higgins and Neil Wearden.

The live action Thunderdrome will see six celebrities take charge of Reliant Robins in a three-wheel dash for glory (they don't seem to want to tell us who - can we let loose Cleland and Soper in them, that should be entertaining). Bike riders such as John Reynolds, Terry Rymer, Neil Hodgson, Phil Read and James Whitham will be in the Thunderdome.

American Le Mans Series drivers Jamie Wall and Michael Mallock, will be on Cranfield University stand in the ‘Careers in Motorsport’ section (hmm, so Mallock is going from Supersports to the ALMS).

Next year's show sees a new Bikesport section where you can find Neil Hodgson, Carl Fogarty, Virgin Yamaha Team and Suzuki announcing their World Superbike riders, they'll also have a display with the Crescent Suzuki transporter and factory bikes.
[Edited by Carrie on 17th December 2000]
Old 18 Dec 2000, 00:37 (Ref:53087)   #36
Lorna
Veteran

Ah, is this where I say that Rick P will be enough for us?
Old 18 Dec 2000, 08:04 (Ref:53134)   #37
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are too kind!
Hoping to have a really horrible suntan by then in case I have to demonstrate my now famous "strip to the waist and hurl abuse at the Kermit car and Observer in the Marshals post"... well maybe not.
The Rickster
Old 18 Dec 2000, 19:11 (Ref:53189)   #38
Lorna
Veteran

Sounds like you are lucky enough to get away from the miserable weather here in England for the Christmas season then. Is there room in your suitcase?
Old 18 Dec 2000, 20:11 (Ref:53209)   #39
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Is there room in your suitcase?
Oooh. Double Entendre

Old 18 Dec 2000, 20:15 (Ref:53210)   #40
Lorna
Veteran

Chris. Are you bringing down the level of this well respected website forum?
Old 19 Dec 2000, 08:04 (Ref:53280)   #41
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly Lorna,
They are insisting that dress for new years eve is dinner jackets (which strikes me as a touch warm for a beach party on the Indian Ocean but ...) so I am packing a suit carrier rather than a suitcase and although I am sure your svelte self would have no problems fitting in, I doubt you'd want to fly for 8 hours folded in half.
Yours
Rickster
Old 19 Dec 2000, 08:11 (Ref:53281)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well she ............. NO DON'T GO THERE!!!!!
Old 19 Dec 2000, 21:39 (Ref:53378)   #43
Lorna
Veteran

Why, thanks for your consideration, Rick, I think Dinner jacket? I'm still deciding whether to be one of the Mafia or an Australian for my new years party! Sadly, no beach involved (sigh).

And Pete, really! - you seem so nice when I see you in person
Old 20 Dec 2000, 08:33 (Ref:53444)   #44
Veteran

England
Zurich
Tough choice,
I think I'd go with the Mafia option, they are usually a touch more popular than Aussies...
Rickster
Old 20 Dec 2000, 11:18 (Ref:53459)   #45
Lorna
Veteran

Hmmm, very good point. I just need to borrow and violin case and a gun then.
Old 20 Dec 2000, 11:25 (Ref:53460)   #46
Lorna
Veteran

Changing the subject (to the original one). We kind of have a plan for the Autosport Show meal now.

It has been suggested that we go to the restaurant/pub that the guys went to after Gaydon last week. Craig reassures me that he knows the way but if anyone can remember the name of the restaurant/pub, that would be helpful!

For those that want to carry on drinking afterwards, Woody has kindly said that she can put some people up. Woody does share a house though, so her hospitality extends to the living room floor and one settee. I have two mattresses I can bring on request. You will have to bring your own sleeping bags.

Can you confirm if:

a) you are coming along to the meal
b) you wish to carry on drinking and stay at Woody's for the night.

Not long now... approx 3 weeks.
Old 21 Dec 2000, 20:16 (Ref:53706)   #47
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sounds good to me Lorny. Though I think i'll give the drinking a miss... dunno about you, but after last night, I don't think i'm gonna drink ever again!!
Old 21 Dec 2000, 20:39 (Ref:53712)   #48
Carrie
Veteran

I ain't got a clue what the pub was called. Just remember it had a car park, saves walking down Henley High Street frightening innocent residents who were enjoying a quiet evening in If you head off Jct 16 of the M40 that should be the quicker way into Henley from Birmingham.

Woo, hoo, no more work until 2001 now
Old 22 Dec 2000, 01:12 (Ref:53752)   #49
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
A car park, eh ? Don't suppose you happened to spot if it was gravel or not, did you ?
Old 22 Dec 2000, 13:29 (Ref:53812)   #50
Lorna
Veteran

Hehe. Horrendously drunk is a better description. It's all about pacing yourself and knowing your limit.

Cool! I'm following Carrie to the pub then.

If anyone wants a lift (or wants to pick me up) then let me know but keep in mind that I will not be returning south until the Sunday morning/afternoon.