Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Dec 2000, 13:51 (Ref:53818)   #51
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far only looks like Lorna and Craig have taken up the offer of my floor space?

Only three weeks away and counting!
Old 22 Dec 2000, 18:27 (Ref:53842)   #52
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna

Cool! I'm following Carrie to the pub then.
I didn't say I was going, I was just commenting that jct is the quicker way there from Birmingham.
Old 22 Dec 2000, 18:32 (Ref:53843)   #53
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You not joining us for a bite to eat after the show then Carrie?
Old 27 Dec 2000, 00:35 (Ref:54364)   #54
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone else up for it then ? Free tickets on offer at http://www.thegrid.co.uk I believe...
Old 31 Dec 2000, 21:05 (Ref:55351)   #55
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woo, hoo!!! We can almost say that we're in the right month for the Autosprout Show Not long now
Mark was asking me if I knew what's going on in the Thunderdome. Has anyone got any ideas? I got the impression the bikes might be in there this year. Mark said he'd heard Montoya would be.
Old 31 Dec 2000, 21:25 (Ref:55364)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
From http://www.autosport-show.com
Quote:
The super-quick Rally and Rallycross cars will provide the best ever action seen around the tarmac arena and with the added bonus of Stig Blomquist, Markku Alen, Per Eckland and Dermot Carnegie at the wheel, spectacular racing is guaranteed.

Among the supporting cast to these World Class stars are the breath taking mighty BRISCA F1 stock cars whose star name line up includes Frank Wainman Jnr and Snr, Andy Smith, Rob Speak, Chris Lloyd, Gary Castell, Steven Cooper Derek Fairhurst, Danny Clarke, Peter Falding, Will Yarrow , Mark Gilbank.

Making their debut at the NEC, ASCARS are set to take the European circuits by storm in the coming season and will feature John Cleland, Mark Proctor and Lee Caroline who will demonstrate their capabilities

National Autograss will be represented by Colin Chivers, Justin and Dick Drury, Neil Thomas, Dennis Pugh, Steve Smith, Martyn Tinker, Andy Hornshaw, Chris Pope, Mal Cooper, Dave Smith, Vinny Gibbons and Dean Forward.

Completing the oval line up, will be National Hot Rod action with John Steward, Jock Burgoyne, Andy Steward, Colin Smith Adam Scott, Phil Spinks, Shane Brereton, Colin Gomm, Charlie Weaver, Steve Burgess and from Germany, Volker Timm.

Circuit fans have not been forgotten with a superb selection of race cars including Caterham Superlights, Legends plus many more surprises.

Completing the line up for the first time a new bike element headed by the legendary Carl Forgarty and featuring Super Bikers, quad bikes and several Super Star guests.

These combined elements will provide the exciting spectacle in a unique environment which visitors have come to expect at Autosport International
Blomquist in an Audi S1 quattro and Eckland in the rallycross Saab 9-3 are worth the price of admission on their own
Old 31 Dec 2000, 21:32 (Ref:55366)   #57
Carrie
Veteran

CLELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31 Dec 2000, 21:35 (Ref:55367)   #58
Carrie
Veteran

The only thing is that last year on paper the Thunderdome looked good, but I felt it was a waste of money, even if it did have JC and Allan McNish. That's what puts me off paying for it this year.
Hmm, fingers crossed, freebie tickets from thegrid.co.uk
Did anyone mention if those included Thunderdome tickets as well???
Old 1 Jan 2001, 20:54 (Ref:55583)   #59
Lorna
Veteran

I will not be visiting the Thunderdome this year. I was not really impressed with it last year and could do with saving those pennies. I will wonder aimlessly around the stands or visit the bar.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 14:38 (Ref:56648)   #60
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It's only ONE WEEK to go!!!!
Old 6 Jan 2001, 15:04 (Ref:56662)   #61
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup! and I'm Girding my loins in anticipation
Old 6 Jan 2001, 16:53 (Ref:56708)   #62
Yogi
Rookie

Yogi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport Show

Hi, yep I'll be going on Friday. I refuse to go on Saturday and Sunday, to many ppl and tooooooooooo many rug-rats screeming their steak and kidney pie's off. As for the Thunderdome, its a total waste of money, bloody cold in there to. But as I can get free tickets I might just go.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 20:33 (Ref:56798)   #63
Carrie
Veteran

Have you come in here just to wind me up because you get to go on the Friday
BTW, welcome along to Ten-tenths
Old 6 Jan 2001, 21:21 (Ref:56810)   #64
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be going on Saturday and also i will be at the thunderdrome at midday. Can't wait for it. This is my 5th year in a row. YEEPEE

Old 6 Jan 2001, 23:34 (Ref:56851)   #65
Carrie
Veteran

Does this mean we might finally get to meet Rik?
Old 7 Jan 2001, 00:00 (Ref:56862)   #66
Lorna
Veteran

I won't be alone whilst the Thunderdome show is going on then

I'm sure I don't need to say this but I suspect that the usual mob will be phoning each other when we arrive. For those that are not the usual mob, speak now or forever hold your peace to arrange a meeting place. It would be nice to meet some new faces. We're not that scarey - honest.
Old 7 Jan 2001, 00:19 (Ref:56874)   #67
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Speak for yourself
Old 7 Jan 2001, 00:39 (Ref:56880)   #68
Lorna
Veteran

Chris, do you wanna take a vote on that? Hmmm, maybe not
Old 7 Jan 2001, 16:04 (Ref:57050)   #69
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Carrie, I hope to meet some or all of the gang! I plan to go up on the Saturday, provided the old banger makes it

Should be there for about 10.00am

I may well be bringing a friend, who has never even been racing before but is getting interested..
Old 7 Jan 2001, 16:47 (Ref:57057)   #70
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Rik, my mobile number has changed - i'll PM it to you - give us a ring as soon as you arrive bloke!

See you there
Old 7 Jan 2001, 18:34 (Ref:57106)   #71
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIKB I'm also going on saturday, I'll be there just before the show opens, might see you down there. Larsen and Lorna I also plan to go to the thunderdrome at midday I might see you there.emmsy2u2000@yahoo.co.uk
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:32 (Ref:57181)   #72
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Food... Henley...with my reputation...surely not!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:39 (Ref:57184)   #73
Lorna
Veteran

I have emailed you Oversteer. I do not plan to go to the Thunderdome but hope to meet up at some point during the day.

One thing I remember from last year. It proved to be a very slow walk around the show because we stuck together as a group and someone made the comment about splitting up a bit and meeting up in the bar for a big get together. What do people think? I'm on a mission to get as much literature together as possible so I'll be running around all over the place
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:44 (Ref:57187)   #74
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Lorna...last year we hardly saw anything due to 10 people not being sure that what they wanted to do was what everyone else wanted to do.
I think we should meet up at, say 11a.m. and then sod off to do our own thing, meeting up for a pint or lunch every so often.
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:56 (Ref:57195)   #75
Carrie
Veteran

Well why don't we just all sod it and go our seperate ways for the whole day. Doesn't really seem much point in meeting.