Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:18 (Ref:58350)   #101
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:20 (Ref:58352)   #102
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Well, we had a fantastic time. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much. Great to meet up with everybody again, especially meeting RIKB.

Nice to see that most people came to the pub. I get the feeling that 2001 will be a wonderful year.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:22 (Ref:58353)   #103
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, i was back a while ago, and i was most enamoured by the book stalls. and juan pablo montoya.
didn't see that live action doobry - too tight to pay the £13 to get in on the day. however, after my search for williams ladieswear ended without trace, i legged it a 4, after arriving at about 9.45. numbers weren't impressive - i expected there to be huge queues, but there weren't. the rockingham stand was popular, as was the damn and blasted autosport one. and, surprisingly, the goodyear one, where there was a photo opportunity with some ladies. i have one question - why didn't the ladies motoring club have young gentlemen in brass monkeys handing out leaflets? i demand redress.
i'll go again - if only for the drool-worthy cars on show and that wierd tvr paint job. all it needed was a few more team gear shops, and it'd be sorted. and a few less columbians.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:35 (Ref:58362)   #104
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woody and I both agree with that, Bella. WE NEED MEN IN NEXT TO NOTHING AT THE AUTOSPORT SHOW!!!!!

Great day. Really enjoyed it. Back again tomorrow - it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to get in two days in a row but we can't miss the look on Woody's face.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:43 (Ref:58367)   #105
WoodyTJ
Veteran

And if you want to know what Lorna is going on about

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6261
Old 13 Jan 2001, 23:26 (Ref:58373)   #106
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carrie by any chance was this kid doing a lot of attempts at overtaking and more often than not making contact with the other karts, and on at about 3 O'clock?
Old 13 Jan 2001, 23:40 (Ref:58374)   #107
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I ain't got a clue what time it was at - afternoon is about as specific as I can get - don't think I looked at my watch all day.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 00:57 (Ref:58383)   #108
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm here safely back in sunny?? Kent. Basking in the warm afterglow of a grand day out!

I now have a beer at my side! I know some of you were concerned that I wasn't drinking enough

I would say it was a very enjoyable day out, and it was great to put some faces to the names.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 11:59 (Ref:58420)   #109
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day out - cheers all!

Highlights of the day were that all-carbon fibre beastie that I thought was an Astra, but Sparky assures me was a Lexus - damn tasty anyway, and the new Peugeot T-car.

The Thunderdrome was entertaining, although Martin Haven and Amanda Stretton are obviously very bad at filling - the delay caused by Mr Blomqvist sliding his Audi Quattro on its own oil, spinning backwards into the barriers with a resounding Thump. Low point was some poor fellow in a Reliant Robin hitting the barrier head on, then clouting it with his roof, ending up with another car on top of his, with his enging revving at full throttle. The last I was of the car was as the ambulance parked in front of him. I sincerely hope he's OK.

Comment of the day was ...

"Woah ... headrush" said in the tones of one who'd recently inhaled a large amount of helium
Old 14 Jan 2001, 19:12 (Ref:58468)   #110
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Splendid day out....sorry we couldn't make it to the pub (I will take your comment personally Woody ) but I'm getting on in years and last week was a bit hectic at work.
I particularly enjoyed Rick P and his lunchbox story...I have since given this some thought and I reckon they have to be first aid boxes....line 'em up !
Old 14 Jan 2001, 21:48 (Ref:58506)   #111
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
The day was fantastic. Had a good (mr) poke around the various stands, saw some awesome machinery (even if some of them had no suspension, or gearbox, or engine, or exhaust! )

But the best part? Again - the company, especially at the pub. What a fantastic day out.. I know it's a plug, but if you're planning a trip out anywhere, and the Ten-Tenths team are in your area - meet up. You won't be disappointed. Right RIKB?

Anyway - memories:

"I don't like gravy"
"Twinkle, twinkle little star.."
"Schtopp! - this post isn't ready yet!"

..And this is just the off-season
Old 14 Jan 2001, 23:31 (Ref:58532)   #112
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Right, i'm not long back and i'm knackered as i've not stopped since this time last week... and i'm about off to bed

Just a quick note to thank everyone for yet another superb weekend! Really does get better and better every time! Just a shame that we couldn't meet up with the others such as bella, SNH, Carrie, etc. Sorry about that guys.

Anyway...

http://tentenths.com/images/misc/gan...osport%20show/

Enjoy

Mostly piccies of yesterday, but the batteries ran out on the camera before I had a chance to take as many as i'd like so we went back today too - oh, and there was the small matter of having to see Tracey meet JB too of course...

Just a shame that the batteries went before we reached the pub Never mind - we'll just have to do it all over again soon...

Here's to the start of a superb 2001!
Old 14 Jan 2001, 23:33 (Ref:58533)   #113
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
One more thing:

'Carry on...!'

Nighty night!
Old 14 Jan 2001, 23:41 (Ref:58534)   #114
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And ahould we mention the Boob measuring contest?...
I think not eh....
Old 15 Jan 2001, 00:49 (Ref:58538)   #115
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What can I possibly add to all that everyone has said?
Another great show, again with wonderful company!

Good to meet you at last, RikB!

Saw some amazing machinery, even if most of it was Hollywood prop-style. (Glossy front, nothing behind!)
And at least Vauxhall/Triple 8 finish off the interior details on their model kits!

Didn't see too many 'faces'... apart from being elbowed by Barrie 'Whizzo' Williams. (Right Tim!?)
Thunderdrome was as good as ever apart from the "Why are we waiting?!" bit... And the endless Auto Windscreen adverts! (Moral: Never buy a Ford Probe, or if you do, don't let Sierras get past you. I guess you had to be there! )

The Pub... What can I say? Any place that asks you to remove your hat, would probably not have expected a visit from the Ten-Tenths room-clearing service! When are we going back?

The food was great, and not at all undercooked. (Moo! ) I ate too much, drunk too much, laughed too much too!

And Woody: What a star! That laugh is infectious! I hope you got on with JB today (er... yesterday!) How did the questioning go?

And thanks to PaulC and TimD for putting up with me. I know I tend to get a bit... excited. Thanks for the cuppa and conversation at PaulC's. Much appreciated!

So, until next time, STOP!... Carry on!

Old 15 Jan 2001, 19:16 (Ref:58658)   #116
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say I was not particularly impressed this year - seemed to be no glitz and hardly any 'personalities'. Did manage to get JB and Foggys autographs, stood nattering to Matt Neal for ages and Stig Blomqvist.

But where was the Lexus - not a piccy of the car even.
Old 15 Jan 2001, 19:52 (Ref:58670)   #117
Lorna
Veteran

Sorry we didn't meet up with you on Sunday Les. We were a bit tired. Craig and I have some blank video tapes to replace the ones that you have given us. (They are somewhere - might still be at Woody's house unless Craig has found them in his car). I didn't get to meet SNH either. Sorry!

It was alot busier on Sunday than Saturday. That I did notice.

The actual show could probably have been better but it is a place for the gang to meet up and have a laugh as well so we thoroughly enjoyed it. It definitely makes the day having a group of friends there.
Old 15 Jan 2001, 19:57 (Ref:58671)   #118
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yes - they did indeed turn up in my car - ooops!
Old 15 Jan 2001, 20:00 (Ref:58672)   #119
Lorna
Veteran

So you are the culprit, Craig! They will keep until we see Les next. First you nick my beer and then you hog the videos.
Old 15 Jan 2001, 23:54 (Ref:58726)   #120
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry I missed everyone........
Glad anyone who got the free tickets from http://www.thegrid.co.uk enjoyed them.

It wasn't a bad show. Made me remember what I've got to do before March.....fix the Capri ready for the CSCC Group Ones!