Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 19 Sep 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3454878)   #1
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1990's and 2000's GT Tapes?

Hello All,

As a child of 1997, I grew up watching the peak of the GT1 era in all its glory. I recall my idolisation of the drivers and fascination for the cars fondly, and I used to force my grandfather to record them all on DVD.

A good three or four years ago, I felt the urge to relive this era, and I was crestfallen to discover that these DVD's had been wiped for videos of all things from Peppa Pig to Prison Break, and even my appearance on the local news!

Ever since this brutal shock to the system, I have yearned to re-watch this wonderful time, and though YouTube has scraps, I have so far been unable.

So, on this note, I was wondering if anyone out there had recordings at their disposal of GT racing from the era I grew up in, and perhaps even the late 90's, an era I unfortunately missed.

Anything specific? Well, not really. I used to follow FIA GT, British GT and Dutch Supercar Challenge, but I am open to experiencing new things. If there was ever televised coverage of the 'Euro GT Series', I would be extremely interested. With FIA GT and British GT, 2001-2006 is the era I look back upon most fondly, but I am not overly fussy.

Now, of course, being a student that has recently had to dig deep to find £1750+ in order to travel to and from College this year, money is tight. However, I am a desperate little geek, and I would be willing to pay money for something I am interested in if needs (and nostalgic GT cravings) must. In return, I would hope that the goods I receive are in a decent condition.

Thank you for your time, and I hope someone in the 10/10's community can be my hero!

It only matters if it has a motor...