Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3296082)   #2526
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
It would be a grave mistake indeed for Porsche to underestimate the opposition. Be it Audi or Toyota. This is a mistake that I doubt Porsche will make.
Porsche always do it with a proper budget , once blessings have been passed down from up above .

Already stated is the Porsche want to win asap ...... hardly surprising . They will start the ball rolling with a top car . By the time that car hits Le Mans , it will have about 10 months or Porsche testing under its belt , and not some last minute half assed proto like we sometimes see .
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3296092)   #2527
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
Audi and Porsche more or less secretly are already developing and testing their 2014 cars, maybe porsche is a bit little ahead because spent last 12 months focusing only on the 2014 car, while audi had to develope r18 for 2013 season. But is just a little advantage compared to 10 and more years of audi's know how. I fear that toyota is still behind with the development of the 2014 car and if TMG will keep on receiving a low-cost budget, will be hard for them to fight against no more one but two great competitors.
It is important to remember that besides the 2014 LMP1 car, Porsche were also building up a structure in order to run this program. Only recently have they somewhat completed their build-up (I'm not sure their wind tunnel is up and running yet).
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3296094)   #2528
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Where do you have those names from Badger?
It's an Endurance-info speculation.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3296096)   #2529
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Porsche always do it with a proper budget , once blessings have been passed down from up above .

Already stated is the Porsche want to win asap ...... hardly surprising . They will start the ball rolling with a top car . By the time that car hits Le Mans , it will have about 10 months or Porsche testing under its belt , and not some last minute half assed proto like we sometimes see .
As always, Porsche will be competitive. If it will win first time out is another story.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3296098)   #2530
Eryk03
Racer

Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.
As competitive as Toyota?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3296101)   #2531
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Hopefully more.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3296104)   #2532
Eryk03
Racer

Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.
For sure will be more
Old 30 Aug 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3296111)   #2533
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
As always, Porsche will be competitive. If it will win first time out is another story.
According to my friend (journalist at Autosprint), Porsche seems to be a real pretender for 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours and WEC. More than what we can expect. Structure is new, ok, but experience is second to none. When they debuted with RS Spyder, they were far from prototype since 1998. But results are arrived, and were results of first class!
Porsche has a winning philosophy at the base of its choices and its moves, and has proven this every time they've raced, in any class, any time.
I hope to see Toyota competitive and really hungry of wins!
They've all the numbers and resources to win in Le Mans, but they must be more... nasty!
They seem to be not very nasty as Audi... and this makes difference in motorsport!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3296113)   #2534
gaaaazFR
Rookie

gaaaazFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Apart from Dumas-Bernhard-Jani ..... the following drivers being looked at for remaining seats are

Watts-Martin-Pla-Pilet-Makowiecki-Bourdais-Lieb-Vernay-Conway-Stanaway-Heidfeld .

They only need 1 more driver for WEC ..... but who for Le Mans ?

Wonder if Bourdais has a clash with Indycar for Le Mans , too early to tell .

I would like to se from the following : Lieb-Stanaway-Bourdais .
You forget the fourth guy already signed... named M. Webber ;-)
So there are 4 drivers in the line-up.

But in the same time you can expect Porsche to run 3 drivers line-up during all the WEC (like Toyota & Audi started to do last year) to give every line-up a maximum track time and some perfect routine in their work.

Plus a possible 3rd car for Le Mans. I remember someone of Porsche board saying that with 2 cars you cannot win Le Mans...

So that let us ... 5 seats to fill!

In the Endurance Info list some names have been linked very strongly with Porsche like Heidfeld, Pilet, Lieb (those two are under contract), Vernay (will they sign him if he keeps doing P16 or P20 in supercup??) ...

My point of view is that it's going to be closely linked to what Porsche is going to do with 991 (USCR? WEC? 1 or 2 cars?) ;-)
Old 30 Aug 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3296129)   #2535
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I do hope though, that the Porsches will be sounding like Jaguars CX-75: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-TDu3i6oQ
Hmm... spec wise it is somewhat close (502 bhp, 1.6L, 4 cylinders), and also there sort of another connection too:

Developed by Cosworth initially as a Formula 1 engine (before the FIA changed its mind and ditched 4-cylinder units for V6 engines for the 2014 season), the powerplant then found its way on to the Jaguar C-X75 prototype.

Also: for comparison Renault and Mercedes have released these of their next year's F1 engines:

http://www.renaultsport.com/Come-on-...oise,2630.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpkJXJ7CFo

Renault engine peaks at around 10500 rpm and changes gears at 12000 rpm (mentioned in another source).
Old 30 Aug 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3296130)   #2536
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
According to my friend (journalist at Autosprint), Porsche seems to be a real pretender for 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours and WEC. More than what we can expect. Structure is new, ok, but experience is second to none. When they debuted with RS Spyder, they were far from prototype since 1998. But results are arrived, and were results of first class!
Porsche has a winning philosophy at the base of its choices and its moves, and has proven this every time they've raced, in any class, any time.
I hope to see Toyota competitive and really hungry of wins!
They've all the numbers and resources to win in Le Mans, but they must be more... nasty!
They seem to be not very nasty as Audi... and this makes difference in motorsport!
Whilst I no doubt agree with much of what you said, there are some substantial differences in the LMP1 program as compared to the RS Spyder program. New leadership, new management, new engineers, new technology. Many of the current staff were not at Porsche during those times. No in-house pit team, etc. Now we all know that the Porsche philosophy and work ethic remains similar (or the same), but we need to remember that the proof lies in the pudding. For my part , I remain cautiously optimistic.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3296131)   #2537
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaaaazFR View Post
But in the same time you can expect Porsche to run 3 drivers line-up during all the WEC (like Toyota & Audi started to do last year) to give every line-up a maximum track time and some perfect routine in their work.

Plus a possible 3rd car for Le Mans. I remember someone of Porsche board saying that with 2 cars you cannot win Le Mans...

So that let us ... 5 seats to fill!

In the Endurance Info list some names have been linked very strongly with Porsche like Heidfeld, Pilet, Lieb (those two are under contract), Vernay (will they sign him if he keeps doing P16 or P20 in supercup??) ...

My point of view is that it's going to be closely linked to what Porsche is going to do with 991 (USCR? WEC? 1 or 2 cars?) ;-)
I hope you are right that Porsche will run six full-time drivers in the WEC.

The third car for LM is a dream for 2014 in my opinion. It might just be a year too early but I hope I'm wrong.

I still think we will see Heidfeld. But why no announcement? Vernay is an interesting one for me.

Peugeot reserve driver. It seemed like Porsche brought him into the family for 2013 to keep him busy and ready for the 2014 P1 project. Maybe he's tested. Who knows. But as you say gaaaazFR, apart from Le Mans, he has not really shown anything this year.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3296177)   #2538
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Webber's message to the world...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be3-J9XtJCw
Old 30 Aug 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3296179)   #2539
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, mystery solved then. Canberra Milk will be Porsche's title sponsor.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3296215)   #2540
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Whilst I no doubt agree with much of what you said, there are some substantial differences in the LMP1 program as compared to the RS Spyder program. New leadership, new management, new engineers, new technology. Many of the current staff were not at Porsche during those times. No in-house pit team, etc. Now we all know that the Porsche philosophy and work ethic remains similar (or the same), but we need to remember that the proof lies in the pudding. For my part , I remain cautiously optimistic.
I was talking about Porsche attitude to face challenges. I know RS Spyder was different program, with different men and different technology. But I was talking about work attitude. In this field, Porsche is second to none.
I am also cautiously optimistic.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3296287)   #2541
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Where do you have those names from Badger?
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20243.html
Old 30 Aug 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3296290)   #2542
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A livery suggests itself - white with black spots (or vice versa). Add some butcher's cut lines and it harks back to the classic Pink Pig. :P
Old 31 Aug 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3296798)   #2543
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What was Webber thinking!! That singing is just god awful. I dont think he tried to sing. Sounds more like spirited talking.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3297574)   #2544
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Bahahaha nice one!!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3297825)   #2545
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
A "true" (not PhotoShopped) picture of the back-end of the Porsche LMP1 at last (source: endurance-info.com):
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3297829)   #2546
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like a single exhaust to me. And rather dirty bodywork too.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3297835)   #2547
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Further shots have been added to the endurance-info.com article:

Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3297838)   #2548
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
edit: too late
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3297839)   #2549
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The more I see it, the more I love it...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3297842)   #2550
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Front section seems a bit revised from the shot released on june, the more I see it, the more remembers me r18