Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2073570)   #1226
Steve Hill
Rookie

England
Buckinghamshire
Steve Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know you are only winding me up, I am unhappy about the apperance of the linelock it's not pretty, but it does the job

LC Driver, Hi how are you ?, I was looking out for you this year but did not see you, were you there, I had a few period photos of the car for you
Old 22 Nov 2007, 21:16 (Ref:2073784)   #1227
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we don't do winding up here Steve, just subliminal irritation

as a suggestion, you could maybe hide the pipes under a gaitor and sleeve the lever. painting things a period colour works as well, black usually does the trick

thats how Terry gets his Electronic stability system hidden. ( note he turned it off when Peter was driving in those photos )
Old 22 Nov 2007, 21:24 (Ref:2073790)   #1228
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You swore to keep that a secret Zef.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2073815)   #1229
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
oops, sorry Terry

the real reason is it saves his tyres, afterall they are 11'6d a corner, at least they where last time he bought a set

I'm running on 'town and countrys' next season, better in the wet!
Old 23 Nov 2007, 07:43 (Ref:2073996)   #1230
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
oops, sorry Terry

the real reason is it saves his tyres, afterall they are 11'6d a corner, at least they where last time he bought a set

I'm running on 'town and countrys' next season, better in the wet!

When I bought those tyre's,the man said they would last for at least 15yrs,he was wrong,I got twenty.
Colway's are fantastic in the wet Zef,on Le Jog one year there was a certain well known MGB driver on the latest Bridgstones,he was consistently slower! Now,about Spa----
Old 23 Nov 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2074268)   #1231
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
LAst time I tried Le Jog I used Adidas, and buggered my knee up, thats why I drive or cycle more these days
Old 23 Nov 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2074363)   #1232
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
LAst time I tried Le Jog I used Adidas, and buggered my knee up, thats why I drive or cycle more these days
17 and counting.Were the Addidas any good in the wet Zef,I'm looking for something to replace the Avon's with for next year.Together with my new [Secret Front Spring's.Gas Filled Lever Arm shockers,1.5in ARB] etc.
Going to need a tighter front end with the proposed circuit changes !
Old 23 Nov 2007, 20:39 (Ref:2074396)   #1233
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
at your age don't you need a tighter rear end ?

I'm tightening up as well, understeer has been my middle name on and off since I started, I need better steering geometry for eu rouge pace( note the subtle shift back on topic) and spring/ARB changes for the tighter bends, particularly La Source, although better brakes would probably make no end of difference, its much easier to get round corners if you slow down a bit!
Old 24 Nov 2007, 08:24 (Ref:2074571)   #1234
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Overall,this year we had too much grip[apart from my last entry into Pouhon],but the car was moving[rolling]way too much,the back end is spot-on though.Would have been nice to been able to use all my usual amount of rev,s though.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2074734)   #1235
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
You could have borrowed a couple of thousand revs from my engine .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Nov 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2074793)   #1236
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
You could have borrowed a couple of thousand revs from my engine .
Thats not funny!
Old 24 Nov 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2074870)   #1237
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
yes it is

I'm seriously considering building an engine like Gordons, it won't be illegal, just rev high, lots of POWER!!!

I'm curious to know if I can be more competitive on a budget

( awaits Gordons 'yes' reply )
Old 25 Nov 2007, 00:52 (Ref:2074979)   #1238
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
ZEF. Just run a 4.9 for Spa it'll sound like mine. It jumped out of top gear while approaching Les Combe on full noise and as its a dog box it automatically selects third . You should hear it rev then ! That was the reason I came home early, I couldn't repair the box as I didn't have enough spares with me. And I won't admit on 10/10ths why my spare gearbox didn't work
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Nov 2007, 08:19 (Ref:2075053)   #1239
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
because it was a crash 1st 100E 3 speed ?
Old 25 Nov 2007, 09:14 (Ref:2075066)   #1240
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ZEF. Just run a 4.9 for Spa it'll sound like mine. It jumped out of top gear while approaching Les Combe on full noise and as its a dog box it automatically selects third . You should hear it rev then ! That was the reason I came home early, I couldn't repair the box as I didn't have enough spares with me. And I won't admit on 10/10ths why my spare gearbox didn't work
I did hear that you didnt have enough rollers for your hair!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 25 Nov 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2075230)   #1241
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes Eric I will admit that. I shall slip down to Garrucha and get my annual haircut for 10 euros, The woman that does the "operation" normally shuts the shop up when I darken the door
Old 25 Nov 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2075291)   #1242
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes Eric I will admit that. I shall slip down to Garrucha and get my annual haircut for 10 euros, The woman that does the "operation" normally shuts the shop up when I darken the door
wow! that tells us something about your spanish non verbal communication que guaro!
Old 25 Nov 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2075419)   #1243
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well she does give me "extra's" for another 5 euros, is that the going rate !
Hey did you see my "boyfriend" on my avatar Aclamaciones.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 25 Nov 2007 at 22:22.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:08 (Ref:2075564)   #1244
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ROFL you guys just have way to much time on your hands
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:21 (Ref:2075573)   #1245
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Well she does give me "extra's" for another 5 euros, is that the going rate !
Hey did you see my "boyfriend" on my avatar Aclamaciones.

Whole new meaning to "Going Dutch".
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:27 (Ref:2075576)   #1246
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel
ROFL you guys just have way to much time on your hands
Looks more like beer to me.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 16:09 (Ref:2075864)   #1247
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Looks more like beer to me.
adn my head gets bigger and bigger or fatter and fatter if thats correct! so high reving anglia through eau rouge makes you can still hide behind your pint (few hairs to see but that up to the murcia hearcutter (feminin)
Old 30 Nov 2007, 12:07 (Ref:2078629)   #1248
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Six days away (PC probs, and it still isn't resolved!) and this is getting so waaaay off topic, that I will lock this thread if we don't get back to the thread subject quickly. Frankly, I think the subject of Spa this year is pretty much exhausted!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 13:41 (Ref:2078680)   #1249
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it was just getting started!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2078685)   #1250
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
only 4 and a bit weeks until we start a new thread anyway