Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1718376)   #1
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTCC Brands Hatch 23/24th Sept.

Thanks to all for a great weekend,
Thanks to Colin, Jill, Gary and the rest of the crew on post 1.
Thanks to Trevor Jackson for putting me on such a great post. Didn't have a lot to do on Saturday, but then Gavin Smith soon made up for it at the start of the first BTCC race on Sunday, and then there were the grid girls. I kept having to pick little bits of rubber from the track on the grid!
Thanks to Colin for advising us not to fall a..e over t.t on the bank in front of the cameras........guess what happened next!
Finally thanks to the Heritage guys for some great racing at the end of both days, but please, no more push starts, especially up hill!!!!!
See you all at Silverstone.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1718403)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed, a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with some good racing, especially the BARC FRenault guys on Saturday!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1719409)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
How was the guy in the Mini?
Old 25 Sep 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1719436)   #4
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Agreed, a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with some good racing, especially the BARC FRenault guys on Saturday!

Thanks for the compliment, we all thoroughly enjoyed the "big meeting atmosphere, (thanks Renault), and great organisation by you guys.

We're all looking forward to watching ourselves on telly!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1719442)   #5
Kermit Power
Rookie

England
Epsom
Kermit Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Thanks for the compliment, we all thoroughly enjoyed the "big meeting atmosphere, (thanks Renault), and great organisation by you guys.

Were the Formula Renault's televised??? I was centre stage digging 3 of them out of the gravel at Druids just before lunch on Sunday. Would've been nice to see myself on screen, as I was just a blur in the background when Matt Neal went off in the third BTCC race.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1719475)   #6
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, All the BTCC weekend if shown on MotorsTV, I have my claim to fame also in the Renaults but at Thruxton!!!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1719498)   #7
Kermit Power
Rookie

England
Epsom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Yeah, All the BTCC weekend if shown on MotorsTV, I have my claim to fame also in the Renaults but at Thruxton!!!
D'oh! I recorded ITV instead! Oh well, at least I'll know for next time
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1719516)   #8
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV tend to repeat at various times thru the week i think some are on tomorrow morning from around 7ish
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1719527)   #9
Kermit Power
Rookie

England
Epsom
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
Motors TV tend to repeat at various times thru the week i think some are on tomorrow morning from around 7ish
Thanks! I'll go and check the Sky schedules
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1719538)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk

I was the Observer at Paddock Hill bend and your race on Saturday was fast and furious. Loads of people overtaking on the inside going into Paddock. I had my pad at the ready expecting to write loads of reports on accidents, and in fact it was a good clean race. Well done guys!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1719544)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit Power
D'oh! I recorded ITV instead! Oh well, at least I'll know for next time
You didn't miss much, Motors TV coverage was awful until it went off completely near the end of the last BTCC race. It did come back in time for the Heritage race.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1719773)   #12
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree a great weekend and it was marvelous to see so many marshals not only for the work involvement but the social side on post between races. Meeting new people is always one of the highlights of any meeting. Post 5 was quite busy both Saturday and Sunday and I would like to thank Don and the rest of the team for making it so enjoyable. The racing was also good especially on Sunday when we could man the inside at Druids. Its certainly quite close to the traffic?
Also thank you to the guys on 6. whenever there was a problem both teams appeared to work together as one.
Finally thank you to Trevor Jackson and your team for the speedy sign on's and for a great weekend.
Only had one problem - couldnt find the OAP car park.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1720546)   #13
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
How was the guy in the Mini?
AFAIK John Rhodes is OK.... He hit us fairly hard!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1720569)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400
AFAIK John Rhodes is OK.... He hit us fairly hard!
Thanks, I spoke to Roger Lindley today and he said he seemed OK but winded when he finally got out.