Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Feb 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2831237)   #1
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Robertson Racing Ford GT

Ford getting serious about this effort? The car is no longer named a doran ford. Plus robertson racing uses all of the ford test facilities for pretty much free. This could get interesting. there is no doubt some ford money involved in that second entry for lazzaro for the full season.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 02:58 (Ref:2831362)   #2
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe. Yes it is. Not really. Yes. No.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2831411)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as I like the car, Ford stopped building them several years ago which kinda makes you wonder why they'd put money into it now? I'm not complaining, though!
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2831549)   #4
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about the money situation but they have developed that car quite a bit the last few years. We should see some decent finishes from the Lazzaro/Murry pairing this year.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2831552)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthib10 View Post
We should see some decent finishes from the Lazzaro/Murry pairing this year.
Woooo ..... I wasnt aware that these two are together . Nice . Who will join them for Sebring , Said perhaps ? Hope to see them get their 2nd entry for LM too .
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2831564)   #6
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure about the money situation but they have developed that car quite a bit the last few years. We should see some decent finishes from the Lazzaro/Murry pairing this year.
The second car is confirmed for the entire year. Anthony was very quick last week at the test. The Michelin's should help out a great deal.

An interview w/David & Andrea Robertson shot a Sebring.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...75882&comments
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2831566)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hope to see them get their 2nd entry for LM too .
It's the first GT reserve, so it's very likely that it will get in, unless this is a freak year of no drop-outs.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2831570)   #8
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Woooo ..... I wasnt aware that these two are together . Nice . Who will join them for Sebring , Said perhaps ? Hope to see them get their 2nd entry for LM too .
They are looking at Rob Bell for Sebring & PLM. The third driver for LeMans is open at this time, but it will be an American.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2831600)   #9
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
As much as I like the car, Ford stopped building them several years ago which kinda makes you wonder why they'd put money into it now? I'm not complaining, though!
Rumors are growing that Ford has another GT in the cards, so perhaps, they want to keep the GT in people's minds.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2831602)   #10
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Didn't Ford build 10 new chassis recently just for racing? (built at the factory, sent to Matech then for race preparation) Since Matech has gone under and probably only 5 of those chassis have been used (4 regular cars + the one written off in Abu Dhabi), I wonder if Ford can "redirect" the remaining ones down to Doran for use by the Robertsons?
Old 15 Feb 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2831682)   #11
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
Who will be the other driver for the Robertson's for Sebring? I thought Boris Said was helping in their car for the ALMS test. It would be nice to see Lazzaro/Murry/Said for Sebring that would be a solid effort.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2831750)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It would be nice to see Lazzaro/Murry/Said for Sebring that would be a solid effort.
With difficulty deciding who would be the weak link in that trio, it would be a dream lineup for the Robertsons.

Might actually have to fly a Blue Oval Flag the next time I am trackside.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2831754)   #13
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Didn't Ford build 10 new chassis recently just for racing? (built at the factory, sent to Matech then for race preparation) Since Matech has gone under and probably only 5 of those chassis have been used (4 regular cars + the one written off in Abu Dhabi), I wonder if Ford can "redirect" the remaining ones down to Doran for use by the Robertsons?
The Ford GT chassis used by Robertson comes straight off a show room floor and is then modified by Doran. That's the extent of Ford's involvement in the chassis.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2831757)   #14
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Weren't they used for the GT3 cars as well?
Old 15 Feb 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2831776)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are a Le Mans alternate as well. I guess they have sorted out the homologation issue??
Old 15 Feb 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2831782)   #16
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I thought Boris Said was helping in their car for the ALMS test.
He was. He was teamed with Dave & Andrea Robertson. Boris helped Dave get around Sebring faster than he has gone before. He would be paired with them. Rob Bell, like at PLM, would be in the PRO car for Sebring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Weren't they used for the GT3 cars as well?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They are a Le Mans alternate as well. I guess they have sorted out the homologation issue??
They have a firm entry in GTE-AM and are an alternate in GTE-Pro. The car has always been homolgated to ACO rules.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2832166)   #17
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
... The car has always been homolgated to ACO rules.
When will this expire?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2832191)   #18
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
When will this expire?
This article says cars can be used that haven't been in production for 7 to 8 years.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/12/...m-regulations/
Old 16 Feb 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2832266)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody know if the 2nd Ford gets into LeMans, do both cars have to go to the test days? OR can they send one car and all of the drivers?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2832337)   #20
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does anybody know if the 2nd Ford gets into LeMans, do both cars have to go to the test days? OR can they send one car and all of the drivers?
The plan is to send both cars.. I'll have more in a story on their logistical plans next week on SPEED.com
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2832453)   #21
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I am curious if the continuation production changes the age rule on homologation? Changes or advances?
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:39 (Ref:2832459)   #22
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I am curious if the continuation production changes the age rule on homologation? Changes or advances?
The way the homologation rules were explained to me, after Doran Ford GT chassis #001 was homologated. All Doran built Fords were then homologated for 5 years. Those chassis went to Matech, so after Matech #001 was homologated all Matech Fords have a life span of 5 years. This would also hold true with Pratt & Miller and Riley Corvettes. If anyone else knows if the rules work this way, I'd be more than happy to hear if this is correct.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 03:28 (Ref:2835450)   #23
HJJ
Veteran

United States
From John Dagys @ Speedtv.com.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...d-automobiles/
Old 2 Mar 2011, 01:19 (Ref:2838827)   #24
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'm looking forward to this effort. Sometimes nice guys get a break! Would love to see their second entry get in to see what this version of the GT-40 can really do at Le Mans.

DK
Old 18 Mar 2011, 05:26 (Ref:2847939)   #25
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how their race this weekend will go....