Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2793091)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport International

Attended by HSCC, Masters, BARC, BRSCC et al.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2810639)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone going? Planning thursday trip hopefully so can look at all the shiny bits and cars other than circuit racers..... Don't forget if you are thinking of going 'MSA members' get £5 reduction booking in advance through Autosport trade website.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2810662)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mike,

Looks like I will be going up on the Saturday (unfortunately have to work on Thursday & Friday) but if you find you want to go Saturday or any of the other North Walsham based mafia (Rob?) let me know and I can take you if you wish.

Terry
Old 4 Jan 2011, 05:22 (Ref:2810791)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently when I get home later this week there should be an 'any day' ticket waiting for me so I might well go. Never been before - any advice on the best day Mike - you think Thursday?

Gary
Old 4 Jan 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2810795)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mornin Gary, still on antipodean time?

Thursday is best day for me as it slots into my week easily. Weekend will be busier with more general public about, as well as a lot of people involved in the sport who can't get weekdays off. Has to be whatever suits you!
Old 4 Jan 2011, 06:05 (Ref:2810812)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Hi Mike,

Looks like I will be going up on the Saturday (unfortunately have to work on Thursday & Friday) but if you find you want to go Saturday or any of the other North Walsham based mafia (Rob?) let me know and I can take you if you wish.

Terry
Cheers Terry- nothing set in stone yet, so will let you know if Saturday works!
Old 4 Jan 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2810875)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the friday - I'll probably be on the CSCC stand most of the day. CSCC will have a representative "Deutsche Marque" series car on display, too.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2811009)   #8
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just far too costly for me. Fuel, car park, admission, dreadful costly food. Most things are for sale at top proces, much of it aimed at boy racers. OK if you like totty but even that might be harmful for us more mature guys!
I go to Race Retro though.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2811025)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Just far too costly for me. Fuel, car park, admission, dreadful costly food. Most things are for sale at top proces, much of it aimed at boy racers. OK if you like totty but even that might be harmful for us more mature guys!

Is it being so cheerful that keeps you going?

Last edited by Mike Bell; 4 Jan 2011 at 14:16. Reason: typo- in one sentence.....
Old 4 Jan 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2811028)   #10
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Just far too costly for me. Fuel, car park, admission, dreadful costly food.
That's what's put me off along with losing my income for a day. Just can't justify it.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2811042)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
So go at the weekend already!! I will be on the CTCRC/BARC stand on one weekend day not sure which till I get the call.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2811126)   #12
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Saturday. Like RR its a social thing as much as anything else.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 4 Jan 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2811141)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I'll be there on Saturday. Like RR its a social thing as much as anything else.
Certainly is, with added bonus over RR of being able to check out cars from other disciplines and eras.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2811148)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well shock horror I wont be there, if you add it all up it woulb easily be the most expensive 'meeting# of the year.

And for little other than gladragging, chat and fake tan spotty totty!

Sory Haymarket but yer barking up wrong tree here, or are you?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2811158)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will try for Saturday Moose and we can touch base as they say.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2811204)   #16
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I will try for Saturday Moose and we can touch base as they say.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 5 Jan 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2811437)   #17
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping to be there on the Thursday with PopBangColour; should be fun if maybe a little messy!!
Old 8 Jan 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2813034)   #18
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2-Litre sportscar driver's re-union.

There is a re-union of period 2-litre sportscar drivers on the HSCC stand at 11.30am on Friday at the NEC. A message I have received from Chairman, Chris Sharples:

I just got an update.

We have had positive replies and expect to have with us;
  • John Miles, Chris Craft and John Burton (the first two rows for the 1971 Martini Trophy at Silverstone were Elford/Miles/Hine/Craft and Hezemans/Burton/Larrousse)
  • Bob Marston of Lola and Paul Owens of Chevron.
  • Roger Heavens, Ian Skailes, Andrew Fletcher and Peter Smith.

A number of other drivers couldn’t make the Show but hope to visit races during the year.

Old 9 Jan 2011, 05:14 (Ref:2813104)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Giraffe138 and thanks for the info.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2813681)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC stand inc. Tour Britannia Stand 6700

6 X 2 litre cars inc Chocolate Drop especially for you Tony!

Have a good day
Old 10 Jan 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2813700)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Well shock horror I wont be there, if you add it all up it woulb easily be the most expensive 'meeting# of the year.

And for little other than gladragging, chat and fake tan spotty totty!

Sory Haymarket but yer barking up wrong tree here, or are you?
not often we agree so far but I am with you on this one.......
Old 10 Jan 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2813708)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I must say I wouldnt be going if it was not for manning the stand
Old 10 Jan 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2813739)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There is no obligation to go so why complain about the cost?
If you want to go get on with it.If its not do your thing don't bother.The prices are not going to be reduced.If people fail to turn up it will be stopped.I think there are enough of those spotty F1 people to keep it going.
The only event I will go to during winter is Retromobile in Paris and obviously I think it is worth the money it costs me.
Pays your money and take your choice.
It's whinge and whine time again!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2813742)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
There is no obligation to go so why complain about the cost?
If you want to go get on with it.If its not do your thing don't bother.The prices are not going to be reduced.If people fail to turn up it will be stopped.I think there are enough of those spotty F1 people to keep it going.
The only event I will go to during winter is Retromobile in Paris and obviously I think it is worth the money it costs me.
Pays your money and take your choice.
It's whinge and whine time again!
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

*now I need a stiff drink!*
Old 10 Jan 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2813754)   #25
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its not the cost in my case - simply that it was not very interesting!! I seem to recall going to the Motor Racing Show in London as a Child and it being a lot better...

The Autosport show is like a Max power show with an indifferent auction. The Retro is actually a good spectacle