Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Dec 2011, 03:05 (Ref:3005022)   #1376
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Or could it be that Proton/Felbermayr are stepping up? They haven't announced anything and they are pretty big in GT...
Perhaps, but I have trouble seeing that happening. Prospeed or BMS maybe? RLL seems like a team that would like to run a prototype and they have Honda connections, but I can't imagine them running a WEC program in addition to their ALMS GT program. What about someone like AF Corse? Could they run a prototype program on behalf of someone else? What about Young Driver or someone like that?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 03:39 (Ref:3005026)   #1377
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Or could it be that Proton/Felbermayr are stepping up? They haven't announced anything and they are pretty big in GT...
I have a hard time imagining them doing anything but Porsche but there is the factor that Porsche has another top-class team waiting to step up (Manthey).

sooo....who knows.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 07:12 (Ref:3005055)   #1378
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Staring to think this could be an ex GT1 team. Have Marc VDS announced anything? Their fords are gone, they ran a lola-Aston Martin last year and run Honda engined bikes in Moto 2
Old 29 Dec 2011, 09:50 (Ref:3005079)   #1379
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
Just know through a friend who will be working on the project. I dont know any other details though.
Cool thanks for sharing. That looks likely to be the two-car Lola LMP2 team that was set to be announced in the New Year. Hopefully at least one of their cars will have a quick line-up. LMP2 is going to be insane next season.

As for the Honda team. Hindy says a 'GT team', DSC says a team well-established from outside Sportscars. I'm stumped.

Final punt - what are Kronos doing next year? They were at Le Mans in some capacity with the Lola-Aston. Did Marc Van Dalen like what he saw?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 09:53 (Ref:3005081)   #1380
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Perhaps, but I have trouble seeing that happening. Prospeed or BMS maybe? RLL seems like a team that would like to run a prototype and they have Honda connections, but I can't imagine them running a WEC program in addition to their ALMS GT program. What about someone like AF Corse? Could they run a prototype program on behalf of someone else? What about Young Driver or someone like that?
AF Corse already run the Pecom Racing LMP.

I really cant see Felbermayer running an LMP and what ever have BMS been doing this past year or so? They havent been on the international scene thats for sure.

As much as I like seeing more teams boosting the ranks of the LMPs I would rather not see established GT teams such as Felbermayer or JMW leaving GT, they're needed in GT. We need strong GT competition to carry on, some of us might prefer no GTs or just a token handful but they do compliment the prototypes and the battle between Ferrari and Porsche is as fierce as its ever been and I dont want to see that affected by teams leaving GT for LMP.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:28 (Ref:3005086)   #1381
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
AF Corse already run the Pecom Racing LMP.
Perhaps they could take on another project in addition? Unlikely, but I guess it could be thrown out there.

Quote:
I really cant see Felbermayer running an LMP and what ever have BMS been doing this past year or so? They havent been on the international scene thats for sure.
I cannot remember now, but was there a rumor that BMS was flat out rejected for an entry at Le Mans this year? I could be way off on that.

The Marc VDS rumor looks like it could be plausible. Who was the funding behind the Kronos/MVDS Aston at Le Mans?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:38 (Ref:3005090)   #1382
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I cannot remember now, but was there a rumor that BMS was flat out rejected for an entry at Le Mans this year? I could be way off on that.
They weren't flat-out rejected, but they got the 5th and last GT reserve slot, which is basically a polite rejection.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:58 (Ref:3005100)   #1383
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Perhaps they could take on another project in addition? Unlikely, but I guess it could be thrown out there.

The Marc VDS rumor looks like it could be plausible. Who was the funding behind the Kronos/MVDS Aston at Le Mans?

I cant see why AF Corse would take on another project that would in competition with them in the same class.

Maybe BMS was rejected because they havent been keeping up appearances? I could understand why they would be rejected for an entry on that basis.

EDIT: Just saw Victor's post above this-sounds like a polite rejection, BMS havent been as active as they used to. I miss them.

Marc VDS seems possible, it was a bit sudden when they decided to drop everything except for the Blancpain programme for next year so maybe this is filling the gaps for them?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:01 (Ref:3005101)   #1384
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I cant see why AF Corse would take on another project that would in competition with them in the same class.
We're talking about a P1 HPD, right? Pecom is P2.

Quote:
Maybe BMS was rejected because they havent been keeping up appearances? I could understand why they would be rejected for an entry on that basis.
Probably. They weren't in the ALMS, LMS, or ILMC in 2011. Three strikes and you're out it seems. Just ask WR!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:05 (Ref:3005102)   #1385
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe ESM, tequila patron would pay (or lease) for them a car to make them run at le mans, hoping for some visibility for the paint scheme of the car (because alchol sponsorship is not allowed in european races).
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:11 (Ref:3005105)   #1386
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
We're talking about a P1 HPD, right? Pecom is P2.
Ah yes my mistake. Could be possibly, would be they have the resources though? I dont think Ferrari would be highly amused if it distracted AF from their Ferrari GT programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
maybe ESM, tequila patron would pay (or lease) for them a car to make them run at le mans, hoping for some visibility for the paint scheme of the car (because alchol sponsorship is not allowed in european races).
Ah ESM Springwater...refreshing
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:13 (Ref:3005106)   #1387
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham Goodwin confirmed on Twitter it's neither JMW or Proton. But someone said we should look outside of GT racing. I don't know if that's true but if it is all the guesses we're making are in the wrong direction.

Could it be Newman/Haas's old Indy car team that didn't sign up this year for Indycar?

[edit] The team owner Carl Haas apparently said; "The economic climate no longer enables Newman/Haas Racing to participate in open wheel racing at this time."

Source
Maybe that's a hint to them joining LMP1?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:49 (Ref:3005117)   #1388
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Could it be Newman/Haas's old Indy car team that didn't sign up this year for Indycar?
There was talk that Newman/Haas would be racing a P2 Lola-HPD in the ALMS in 2012. I'm not sure where the money would come from for them to run the WEC when they were operating on a bit of a shoestring budget in the IRL apparently. Maybe Honda is helping them out, but it just seems a bit odd for an American team to run the WEC like that. I suppose it is plausible.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:15 (Ref:3005121)   #1389
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Staring to think this could be an ex GT1 team. Have Marc VDS announced anything? Their fords are gone, they ran a lola-Aston Martin last year and run Honda engined bikes in Moto 2
Nope, tweet from Bas Leinders on 11 dec.
Quote:
There are no plans that @marcvdsracing will run the @AMR_Teams Lola-Aston or any other car in #Lemans next year.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:17 (Ref:3005123)   #1390
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Nope, tweet from Bas Leinders on 11 dec.
I guess mr VDS is starting to feel te " recession "
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:37 (Ref:3005126)   #1391
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone heard anything about those two HPD 03bs who will race in wec next year?
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8898.html

speaking of HPD:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

and yes. lmp2 will be mega
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:50 (Ref:3005129)   #1392
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Probably Strakka and RML.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:53 (Ref:3005130)   #1393
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Perhaps RML?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 12:56 (Ref:3005133)   #1394
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Probably Strakka and RML.
Strakka made the step up to LMP1.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 13:05 (Ref:3005135)   #1395
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Strakka made the step up to LMP1.
Yes, but there are rumors that Strakka might run the HPD ARX03b as second car.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 13:09 (Ref:3005138)   #1396
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Perhaps RML?
I've heard some Mike Newton-WEC rumors, but would that be with an ARX-03b? Their new ARX-01 has only done a couple of races. Granted, they'd have to update that to 2012 cost-capped spec and if they did that, maybe it would just be more cost effective to get the new tub as well. Who knows.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 13:10 (Ref:3005139)   #1397
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Could it be a Super GT team? Would that count as another branch of motorsport and a GT team stepping up? Being Japanese could also make sense.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 13:17 (Ref:3005141)   #1398
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Yes, but there are rumors that Strakka might run the HPD ARX03b as second car.
Ah. That I didn't know, thanks.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 16:58 (Ref:3005189)   #1399
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I wouldn't write him off just like that. Lots of drivers who didn't do anything in F1 turned out to be great sports car racers.

Just look at Ant Davidson. He never really made it further than being a backmarker in F1 and he's an absolute star in LMP1 right now.
I'm not writing Karun off for his time in F1, the opposite, we can't judge him on his HRT time, I'm going by his lower formula record.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 17:04 (Ref:3005197)   #1400
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could United Autosports be running the Honda P1, they're a GT team, worked with DAMS at PLM, it's known they have ambitions to run in the WEC.