Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Which track will be added to the 2016 WEC calendar?
Montreal 10 16.13%
Mexico City 9 14.52%
Monza 23 37.10%
Interlagos 14 22.58%
Other, .... [please name] 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Sep 2016, 22:41 (Ref:3669048)   #1201
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Interesting. Are you able to share the exact reason there won't be an additional GTE Porsche for COTA?
Old 2 Sep 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3669097)   #1202
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Because ACO/FIA. No room in the garages. 32 is the max. number for outside Euro events.

No GTE Viper (Riley-Keating)
No LMP2 Gibson (Greaves)
No extra GTE Porsche (Hedlund)
No extra GTE Ferrari? (Scuderia Corsa)

That's 4 possible quality additions being left out in the cold already.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3669105)   #1203
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
One car was turned away because Rebellion had 2 entries still. Not sure why they turn away additional entries, especially if they're local.
Old 2 Sep 2016, 02:47 (Ref:3669111)   #1204
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO /FIA STUPID STUPID People . Not everyone NEEDS a Garage to race
Old 2 Sep 2016, 04:26 (Ref:3669135)   #1205
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I can't speak for the others, but for me the chassis wasn't available in time.

-mike
Old 13 Sep 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3672028)   #1206
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Time for a COTA thread? It's not officially Tuesday where I live (and barely so in the US central time zone where COTA is) and today is opening day of set up to get ready for the race.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3672304)   #1207
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The tape delayed events on FIAWEC.com - how long do they take to put them up? I won't be able to watch the COTA race (11pm-5am) so was going to watch it the next day. Are the races generally available about 12 hours later?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3672313)   #1208
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wait, is the full race replay only available on the app, not the website?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3672315)   #1209
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Wait, is the full race replay only available on the app, not the website?
Yes
But you can login with your website credentials into the (at least android version of the) app,
i.e., if you have something the app's running on, you can watch the replay there (and from there, again, cast onto a big(ger) screen).
Old 14 Sep 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3672318)   #1210
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah I have an iPhone. Googling now on the cheapest and quickest way of doing this.

Really this seems like a problem we shouldn't have to solve and it should be available through the website.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3672326)   #1211
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The cross-platform functionality covers Windows, Android & iOS, so if you can get an Android phone your login will work on it's version of the app. At least they got that part right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic
Really this seems like a problem we shouldn't have to solve and it should be available through the website.
It should, but clearly the ACO have been taking lessons from FOM on how to embrace new media and integrate it effectively. The lack of replay access on PCs is most likely a response to concerns about stream-ripping, as if that never happens on mobile devices...

Chernaudi, I'll have the race thread(s) done in a couple of hours if nobody else does them first.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3672340)   #1212
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I have an iPhone. Googling now on the cheapest and quickest way of doing this.

Not saying you cannot connect your web account with the iphone version of the app, I just haven't had first hand experience with it. Give it a try.

Also, I agree, this should be viewable through the site. And not only the previous race, but all the races you've paid for. There's fingerprinting technology available for watermarking videos with invisible audio and image bits if you really want to sue someone who's publishing those videos, although aside from content creator leeches (e.g., music "industry"), there seems to have been established a consensus of "piracy is good for you".
Anyways, from my previous (semi professional) exchanges with their IT team, I believe they are operating at the edges (and partially beyond) of their capabilities...
Old 14 Sep 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3672344)   #1213
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah I can view the video on my phone (same as Android, like you said), but can't view it on the TV. My wife and I like to sit and watch the races on TV, so the app version is quite poor. I looked into AirPlay to a laptop (which would then be connected to a TV), but the video streaming quality was horrific. So it looks like my only option is a Lightning AV HDMI Adapter from Apple (£35!!) to get my iPhone onto my TV!

Very frustrating. Trying to watch races in a legit legal manor, and it'd actually be quicker, easier and cheaper to download the races illegally. This is why piracy exists!
Old 14 Sep 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3672360)   #1214
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Chernaudi, I'll have the race thread(s) done in a couple of hours if nobody else does them first.
Gotcha, J Jay
Old 17 Sep 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3673138)   #1215
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/m...-11516821.html

2018 will see the 10 MJ + 3 ERS; Audi isn't happy about it (now). I had to laugh about "In Amerika sei das anders: „Da werden Reglements nur dann modifiziert, wenn es etwas bringt – fürs Fernsehen und den Fan. Wenn es nichts bringt, dann gibt man das Geld auch nicht aus!“" [In the US that's different: there regulations only get modified if it's paying off - for the TV and the fan. If it doesn't deliver, then the money won't be spent!" then I thought to myself "IMSA" and, well, ]
Old 17 Sep 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3673142)   #1216
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That is funny. IMSA rules work for the TV and fans? I'm not sure about that.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3673146)   #1217
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah that's a nonsense statement. WEC is far better. It's just a hissy fit because it isn't what they want, but we all knew it was coming and it should go this way too.

Still, funny that the first hint of Audi not running in 2018 and they mention America. F1 is properly getting ignored, lol.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3673151)   #1218
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Yeah that's a nonsense statement. WEC is far better. It's just a hissy fit because it isn't what they want, but we all knew it was coming and it should go this way too.

Still, funny that the first hint of Audi not running in 2018 and they mention America. F1 is properly getting ignored, lol.
Well at the end of the article, Vasselon says they agreed to it before, now they don't want to. So what's that about? Maybe they can't do 3 ers systems within the minimum weight.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:12 (Ref:3673547)   #1219
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, right now the WEC is BS. Porsche won tonight mostly because they got lucky with how a FCY well. Only way that Audi could've won for sure is if the #7 didn't get taken out by that Ford GT. Because it could've double stinted and come out ahead. Only way the #8 could've won was not getting stalled, and even that might be questionable with the FCY.

Maybe the ACO and FIA should hop off their green fetish and maybe make things like they were in 2000. No shortage of players there, and some were even able to beat Audi on occasion under equal rules. That's not what EOT is guaranteeing now. It's pretty unfair that you can have the fastest car, do petty much everything right, and still lose races.

Or at least the ACO/FIA should look at the FCY procedures. They have slow zones available, but won't use them outside of Le Mans. They should know what it takes to make cars have near equal power and range, but they're either unable or unwilling to fix that, either.

Well, I have a lot better and more fulfilling things to do on my weekends the rest of the year.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:18 (Ref:3673552)   #1220
TF110
Veteran

United States
No reason to complain about Audi not winning, they shot themselves in the foot again. Their pit stops were slow, and it wasn't because the ACO. They took much too long on things like driver changes. And you can't fault the ACO for their own mechanical issues.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:43 (Ref:3673556)   #1221
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I can fault the ACO on fuel flow times during the stops, and I can also fault the ACO (and probably the FIA) over Full Course Yellow/pace car procedures. For one, why have Slow Zones defined and marked, when you have no real plans to use them? I think that Slow Zones are fairer, and each accident that resulted in a FCY could've been handled with a Slow Zone.

I don't know if Fretias is so FCY happy post LM on his on initiative or who's browbeating him to do it, but this needs to stop. Either that, or equalize refueling times and range on fuel between Audi, Porsche, and Toyota. Or like in 2013, if you're gonna have one car have less range on fuel, make them faster to compensate.

IMO, it's nonsense to me that Audi have gotten shafted by FCY protocols in two of the last three races.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 07:07 (Ref:3673579)   #1222
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Food for thought: maybe Audi have decided to go for a draggier Aero as well (for more downforce and more total performance), and use their extra engine power to push more drag through the air, which is part of why they end up short on a stint. It's so easy to point at the ACO when you don't have all data available. You know ACO's formulae, but not the cars' parameters.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 18 Sep 2016 at 07:25.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 09:13 (Ref:3673607)   #1223
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Food for thought: maybe Audi have decided to go for a draggier Aero as well (for more downforce and more total performance), and use their extra engine power to push more drag through the air, which is part of why they end up short on a stint. It's so easy to point at the ACO when you don't have all data available. You know ACO's formulae, but not the cars' parameters.
Makes sense, although you could easily turn this into a chicken-and-egg situation. Which came first - the figures that left diesel short on stints compared to petrol, or the decision to use more power/downforce (drag) at the expense of efficiency? As we'll likely never know, it could be argued both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Either that, or equalize refueling times and range on fuel between Audi, Porsche, and Toyota. Or like in 2013, if you're gonna have one car have less range on fuel, make them faster to compensate.
Audi were quicker for the first third of the race, when the Sun was up. After that they lost pace, with both cars rarely able to set 1:47 laps at night. There have been noted issues with tyre temperature on R18s so that could explain the slower laps. As the team are getting to grips with this year's R18 we are seeing that it is faster than Porsche/Toyota, particularly with the 3rd downforce package.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3673616)   #1224
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
We've known since at least this time last year that Audi were getting stiffed on range per tank of fuel, and it was especially shown at Fuji and Shanghai.

EOT would be EOT if not for Appendix B/ERS incentive.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3673636)   #1225
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
EOT would be EOT if not for Appendix B/ERS incentive.
Erm... isn't the EOT on that table made in such a way that 8 MJ petrol should be just about balanced (in theory) with 6 MJ diesel?