Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Oct 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4181965)   #26
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure I'd use the term 'redemption', but whatever.

By now his employer will have decided what action to take, or not take, so that die is cast. Best result for all concerned would be that a lesson has been learnt, and a repeat is a DNS. For AB, if there are personal issues/habits behind this, they are addressed.

The world can now resume turning ...
Old 19 Oct 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4181994)   #27
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
He did the crime, now he is serving the time. Fortunately our society allows for redemption, so unless there is a reoccurrence, then we should let the matter lie.
Fair enough
Old 19 Oct 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4182034)   #28
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I agree he was stupid and should know better.
However what punishment outside whatever is imposed by the court system do the “Commit the crime.Do the time” people here want?
Does everyone who is caught DUI lose their job if having a driving licence is not a requirement of that job?
Supercars office holders have never been required to be public role models.At least one got into a serious brawl in a Texas night club and might have been lucky not to be locked up over there.
After listening to a podcast on the subject, he was lucky not to get shot, as apparently, shooting someone in self defence is perfectly legal in Texas!
Old 19 Oct 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4182036)   #29
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Should be out of a job. There is no place for drinking and driving anywhere in society but when you're the main man for a sport that has actively campaigned against it there is no excuse.

Don't know what the rules are over there but in the UK if you lose your road license you lose your race license and hence your drive. Same principle should apply to the officials of the series as well IMO.

Might have had a tough time but that's still no excuse to put others at risk of going through the same emotions.
We've had a few drink drivers recently in the UKs highest profile racing series. One withdrew from the season, whilst the other seemed to thrive on it, given his front and centre sponsorship from a well known brand of alcoholic drink popular with the students. An age group where you really want the anti drink drive message rammed home.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4182176)   #30
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
We've had a few drink drivers recently in the UKs highest profile racing series. One withdrew from the season, whilst the other seemed to thrive on it, given his front and centre sponsorship from a well known brand of alcoholic drink popular with the students. An age group where you really want the anti drink drive message rammed home.
Who were they? I thought BTCC breath tested the drivers, were they caught on this?
Old 20 Oct 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4182180)   #31
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Who were they? I thought BTCC breath tested the drivers, were they caught on this?
Glynne Geddie and more recently, George Gamble who tested positive after ploughing his Ranger into someone's cottage and doing a runner.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4182182)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Glynne Geddie and more recently, George Gamble who tested positive after ploughing his Ranger into someone's cottage and doing a runner.
The incidents were 9 and 5 years ago respectively, and have no connection to Glynne stepping away from the series recently.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4182313)   #33
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
So not that recent then
Old 21 Oct 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4182315)   #34
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
So not that recent then
Perspective. More recent than when sinking some ales then going for a drive was socially acceptable.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 06:14 (Ref:4185943)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The AA (haha) Podcast this week suggests Mr Burgess is leaving his role in the series after Adelaide…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Nov 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4185964)   #36
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The AA (haha) Podcast this week suggests Mr Burgess is leaving his role in the series after Adelaide…
No doubt Teams will be falling over themselves to hire him with all the inside knowledge Hempstead have on all of the cars....
Old 15 Nov 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4185993)   #37
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
No doubt Teams will be falling over themselves to hire him with all the inside knowledge Hempstead have on all of the cars....

No doubt Teams will be falling over themselves to hire him with all the inside knowledge he must have on all of the cars....
Old 16 Nov 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4186095)   #38
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably need six months gardening leave to make this work

Quote:
Burgess linked to Team 18

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/11/16...ed-to-team-18/
Old 20 Nov 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4186693)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team18 Gets A New Staffer
Old 20 Nov 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4186705)   #40
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jump or push?

A bit of both I reckon. Sounds like they want Edwards anyway, and a quiet word to Burgess and maybe bit of greasing of the wheels would see him jump at a chance at a fresh start, new challenges, all that sort of stuff.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 00:52 (Ref:4186809)   #41
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the future
Old 22 Nov 2023, 01:11 (Ref:4186810)   #42
TWRv12
Veteran

ATB will not be at Adelaide
https://autoaction.com.au/2023/11/22...o-adelaide-500
Old 22 Nov 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4186922)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Team18 Has A New Team Principal
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:03 (Ref:4186968)   #44
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a strange deal that he can walk straight into a Team with knowledge / data etc based on his Supercars Role. Once would have though a 6 or 12 month hiatus prior to commencing any of that sort of deal would have been logical. I can understand the uproar of other teams.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:57 (Ref:4186973)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Won’t the accumulated data Mr Burgess allegedly brings be rendered obsolete when the aero is adjusted and the engines are changed at the wind tunnel and transient dyno testing?
Old 23 Nov 2023, 08:12 (Ref:4186976)   #46
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
It is a strange deal that he can walk straight into a Team with knowledge / data etc based on his Supercars Role. Once would have though a 6 or 12 month hiatus prior to commencing any of that sort of deal would have been logical. I can understand the uproar of other teams.
It was said somewhere upthread that his contract had no gardening leave provisions. Sloppy.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4186977)   #47
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
If Supercars was going to put gardening leave into his contract they would have had to agree to pay him for the 6 months or 1 year.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 09:56 (Ref:4186985)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wasn’t that exact situation shown off in the GFC movie The Big Short?
SEC regulators could take roles in the very businesses they are trying to regulate the very next day..

It’s silly to think that gardening leave actually works.
Recency might diminish, yet the files reconstructed 2 minutes after leaving the originals in the work laptop or in the desk drawer can never be controlled..
Old 24 Nov 2023, 00:35 (Ref:4187060)   #49
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Rivals are furious.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/rivals-f...-team-18-move/
Old 24 Nov 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4187106)   #50
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Furious enough that they will take a reduced payment from RACE so that they can afford gardening leave pay for all relevant RACE employees?
I didn’t think so.