3 3 4.69%
2 1 1.56%
1 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3259921)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Canadian Grand Prix

What do you rate it?
Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3259931)   #2
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gave it a 7. Plenty of action, a little low on drama.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3259940)   #3
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3259946)   #4
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Nice to see a little lower degradation than usual and a lot of drivers pushing instead of maintaining position and saving tyres.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3259948)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dull for a Canadian race but probably the 'best' race of the Formula Pirelli season so far.

Old 9 Jun 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3259950)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I liked it... 7

DRS has ruined what once used to be the most exciting race of the year.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3259957)   #7
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt we would have seen any passing without DRS. Especially the second DRS-zone made for a rather spectacular run to the first two corners.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3259958)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7. It could be better.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3259976)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
DRS is rubbish.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3259979)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although there was some action and overtaking, it wasn't enough to stop me dozing off several times in the latter stages. Just something about it that completely failed to enthrall me.... 5.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3260005)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a 6 - a pass mark but not by much - good to see cars able to run hard on their tyres but for the most part, not one of the great races from Montreal.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3260039)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were some good battles although short lived: DRS, kills it for me. It makes the whole thing so artificial and despite what the FIA/FOM say it is a moveable aerodynamic device. 6.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3260097)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was hilarious to see Vettel get booed. Even Eddie cut him off during the podium interview. No one wanted to listen to him I guess. Does anyone know what the crowd was chanting when Vettel was speaking during the race interview??
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:53 (Ref:3260103)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not much pleased by this one. 6.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3260155)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it a 5 a few good bits at the start but failed to ignite and the last portion was actually very boring
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3260202)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DRS silly (two straights in a row? Really?) but other than that very enjoyable. Seemingly sensible tyres and a great track.

By Montreal standards, 7/10.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3260215)   #17
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It was hilarious to see Vettel get booed. Even Eddie cut him off during the podium interview. No one wanted to listen to him I guess. Does anyone know what the crowd was chanting when Vettel was speaking during the race interview??
Why on earth would anyone find booing to be hilarious? I find it rude and unpleasant, bordering on offensive. Unless it's at Simon Cowell in which case all bets are off.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3260217)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it neither hilarious nor offensive. Hardly the end of the world is it? Just rather silly.

I am sure Vettel will be weeping into his trophies and championships at the thought of some pantomime nonsense.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 10:12 (Ref:3260263)   #19
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Although there was some action and overtaking, it wasn't enough to stop me dozing off several times in the latter stages. Just something about it that completely failed to enthrall me.... 5.
I was asleep at lap 13. I woke at around lap 28, and then dozed off again. At about lap 50 I heard the commentator (BBC) say how exciting the race was. Que?

That's the problem with holding races on Sunday afternoons in hot weather -long hard week at work, big lunch, torpid climate, it's just asking for trouble. Bernie needs to hold a few mid-week morning races.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3260351)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone watch the pre-race build up on BBC ? Eddie Jordan was left to his own devices to do a grid walk - a dangerous decision - and it was, shall we say, 'car crash TV'... but the best bit of all was his jostling [wrestling ?] with Bernie... Bernie seemed quite shocked by it. Now that was quite comical.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3260357)   #21
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Bernie tried to strangle Jordan.

A dwarf and a leprechaun wrestling.

I give it a 4, with points awarded for some late race action.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3260382)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I gave it an 8. Without DRS to save the day, I think that it would have been much less than a 8. 'Processional' isn't a word that should ever be used by F1 journalists, ever again.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3260393)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i also gave it an 8 but for different reasons.

personally i dont see how it was processional. basically with the exception of SV and KR (and possibly one of the Caterham's) every other driver finished the race in a different position then the one they had at the start of the race.

Massa provided much excitement in the first half. Bottas provided a very strong defense against faster cars, lots of intelligent and well fought wheel to wheel action, tires that despite the green track held up very well, the few instances of driving were reprimanded and in race penalties where handed out in a timely fashion, and there was a complete lack of controversy which is always refreshing and although the winner was a forgone conclusion there was enough other action (which the race director rightly focused on) to hold my attention.

i felt the race was thoroughly enjoyable without the need of anyone having to light their hair on fire. a rare treat these days!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3260406)   #24
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who cares if Vettel got booed, those 'fans' (or in BE's mind "Ticket holder #)paid extortionate amounts of money to see an F1 race as usual and the person they didn't like won the race. Waaa cry boo hiss.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3260445)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
DRS silly (two straights in a row? Really?) but other than that very enjoyable. Seemingly sensible tyres and a great track.

By Montreal standards, 7/10.
They should put DRS onto a section where passing is already difficult. So for Montreal, just have the single zone on the short run from the 3rd chicane down to the hairpin. Then it might make a passing zone out of what is not really a clear cut overtaking area.