Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Dec 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3484742)   #26
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
He was rated Silver in the first version of the 2014 driver rankings but reclassified as Gold about 2 months later.
I'm sure the list is final for next year, so Bamber is rated Gold when technically he is platinum due to being a works driver. The same happened to Tandy this year.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3484757)   #27
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Porsche lineup for 24h Daytona 2015: Fred Mako J Bergmeister and Earl Bamber will be teammates. As well NickTandy Patrick Pilet and Marc Lieb
It's more interesting to see who is not driving, as they won't be a part of the full time TUSCC championship:
Noteably: Patrick Long, Richard Lietz and Michael Christensen.

Christensen is the only one of the three running for a seat in the LMP1 who hasn't got a confirmed seat in any races yet.
Looking more likely that we will have a new dane in LMP1
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3484758)   #28
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's more interesting to see who is not driving, as they won't be a part of the full time TUSCC championship:
Noteably: Patrick Long, Richard Lietz and Michael Christensen.

Christensen is the only one of the three running for a seat in the LMP1 who hasn't got a confirmed seat in any races yet.
Looking more likely that we will have a new dane in LMP1
Last I heard Long is doing WEC with Dempsey if he gets an entry. And I guess Lietz will do WEC if Porsche enter a works team with Manthey next year.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3484761)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Last I heard Long is doing WEC with Dempsey if he gets an entry. And I guess Lietz will do WEC if Porsche enter a works team with Manthey next year.
Well, that only leaves Christensen as the only candidate, by this way of thinking, for the LMP1 seat.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3484762)   #30
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Well, that only leaves Christensen as the only candidate, by this way of thinking, for the LMP1 seat.
If I'm counting things right and Christensen gets the seat, isn't there still a seat empty in the third car. So who gets that seat?

So if I haven't missed anything, so far Lietz, Christensen, Long (depending on getting an entry) and Henzler haven't got at least one confirmed drive for next year.

EDIT: Just read that Porsche have confirmed two RSR's for WEC with Manthey.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3484764)   #31
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Henzler with Falken again right?

I'm a little confused. Why is Marc Lieb racing the 911 at D24? Is (or wasn't) he a LMP1 program driver? Has he been removed from the P1 program? Similarly I'm not convinced the seat (or 1-3 seats) has gone to Christensen. Something would have to have gone horribly wrong at that test if Fred Makowiecki doesn't have a seat in a P1. I thought that was the entire reason Mako went to Porsche.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3484766)   #32
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Henzler with Falken again right?

I'm a little confused. Why is Marc Lieb racing the 911 at D24? Is (or wasn't) he a LMP1 program driver? Has he been removed from the P1 program? Similarly I'm not convinced the seat (or 1-3 seats) has gone to Christensen. Something would have to have gone horribly wrong at that test if Fred Makowiecki doesn't have a seat in a P1. I thought that was the entire reason Mako went to Porsche.
As far as I am aware Porsche confirmed a couple of weeks ago that all the P1 drivers from 2014 will carry on as P1 drivers in 2015, so Marc is still in the P1 program.

Maybe he will drive the new GT3 R when it is released, so he is getting some GT race seat time, after driving the 919 for a year. I have read a couple of things about Porsche entering a works effort at some Nurburgring races or Blancpain.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3484772)   #33
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Forgot Holzer hasn't got a confirmed driver either, but looking on the Porsche website, Marco isn't listed as a works driver (unless I am bring blind).

http://www.porsche.com/uk/motorsport.../worksdrivers/
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3484779)   #34
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Forgot Holzer hasn't got a confirmed driver either, but looking on the Porsche website, Marco isn't listed as a works driver (unless I am bring blind).

http://www.porsche.com/uk/motorsport.../worksdrivers/
Thanks for this link. Am I reading too much into the drivers suits? Christensen has got on a suit like Henzler and Long.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3484783)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Thanks for this link. Am I reading too much into the drivers suits? Christensen has got on a suit like Henzler and Long.
Also taken in a different angle.
So I guess it's just the age.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 22:42 (Ref:3484787)   #36
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
From DSC:

"A two car LMGTE Pro entry in the 2015 FIA WEC is confirmed as expected.

According to current plans, Porsche works drivers Michael Christensen and Richard Lietz as well as Patrick Pilet and Frédéric Makowiecki will share the two cockpits."
Old 13 Dec 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3484801)   #37
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
From DSC:

"A two car LMGTE Pro entry in the 2015 FIA WEC is confirmed as expected.

According to current plans, Porsche works drivers Michael Christensen and Richard Lietz as well as Patrick Pilet and Frédéric Makowiecki will share the two cockpits."
This spells out "Nick Tandy in the third 919" then.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3484812)   #38
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So what about Mako then? Since hes confirmed in a GTE, he doesnt get the lmp1 3rd car? But then if they do get a drive in the lmp1, who takes their spot in the GTE car? Its confusing.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3484833)   #39
Articus
Veteran

Is Klaus Bachler another to be announced Porsche works driver? I think the Porsche works driver website inadvertently reveals this in the sites HTLM description from google.

The list is alphabetized in the HTML:

Bachler, Bamber, Bergmeister... so it makes sense that he would be announced soon.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3484859)   #40
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Is Klaus Bachler another to be announced Porsche works driver? I think the Porsche works driver website inadvertently reveals this in the sites HTLM description from google.

The list is alphabetized in the HTML:

Bachler, Bamber, Bergmeister... so it makes sense that he would be announced soon.
I thought Bachler was a gentleman driver?
Old 14 Dec 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3484875)   #41
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I thought Bachler was a gentleman driver?
No he's a Porsche Scholar - 23 years old. Just rated silver this year because of age/inexperience. Next year he's gold. Maybe you were thinking of Jean-Marc Bachelier?

Have to say the whole Porsche driver mess is very intriguing. Honestly I don't think the third LMP1 line-up has been decided yet. They only finished the last test a couple of days ago which clearly had an evaluation element to it.

Maybe this year Porsche might take a more relaxed (or flexible) approach to the driver's titles in GTE? As long as you keep one guy in every car as a constant you can still win the title. Third drivers for the longer races have always been flexible anyway.

Last edited by Simmi; 14 Dec 2014 at 09:47.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3484886)   #42
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So what about Mako then? Since hes confirmed in a GTE, he doesnt get the lmp1 3rd car? But then if they do get a drive in the lmp1, who takes their spot in the GTE car? Its confusing.
If you are confirmed as a GTE driver, then you won't be racing the 2015 919 at Le Mans. Unfortunately it is that simple...
Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3484889)   #43
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If you are confirmed as a GTE driver, then you won't be racing the 2015 919 at Le Mans. Unfortunately it is that simple...
I don't think that's the case.

Christensen (WEC), Makowiecki (WEC) and Tandy (TUSC) all have full season programmes "confirmed" - but in reality everything is subject to change once they work out the LMP1 situation. I'm guessing they might still be waiting for a final answer or maybe some lawyers around Alonso. That won't help speed up the process.

They need to keep their options open, whilst still trying to put plans in place. Not easy.

A bit more info on GT selections here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117142
Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3484892)   #44
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I don't think that's the case.

Christensen (WEC), Makowiecki (WEC) and Tandy (TUSC) all have full season programmes "confirmed" - but in reality everything is subject to change once they work out the LMP1 situation. I'm guessing they might still be waiting for a final answer or maybe some lawyers around Alonso. That won't help speed up the process.

They need to keep their options open, whilst still trying to put plans in place. Not easy.

A bit more info on GT selections here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117142
True, it can be changed, and we have seen that before.
But usually once you are confirmed to drive a car, that means that is where you are currently designated to go. Otherwise Porsche could have waited with the announcement of those drivers until the LMP1 seats where announced. (Has it been officially announced yet?)
Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3484896)   #45
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Earl Bamber is to race a works CORE autosport 911 in the USC alongside Jorg Bergermeister. The latter has asked to race in the USA.
The second car in the USC is to be driven by Nick Tandy and Patrick Pilet.
For the Daytona 24 hrs Bamber and Bergermeister will be joined by Makowiecki with Marc Lieb assisting in the other car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117142
Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3484898)   #46
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
"Lieb's GT outing comes as a result of other members of Porsche's GT roster being busy at a joint GT and LMP1 test in Abu Dhabi in the week of the 24 Hours."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117142

So if the other drivers are busy, I guess that means there won't be many works drivers in the customer Porsche's in GTD.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3484988)   #47
Articus
Veteran

I find that odd because Lieb is supposedly Porsche's best test driver. That must mean that a works GTE driver not running D24 *cough* Michael Christensen *cough* is certainly testing the LMP1 that weekend. Otherwise he would be GTLM at D24 and Lieb would be at the test session.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3485023)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
This article confirms that Marco Holzer has been let go by Porsche.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117145
Old 14 Dec 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3485027)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This article confirms that Marco Holzer has been let go by Porsche.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117145
Is it just me, or is this part very poorly written and confusing?:
(From the Article)
Quote:
There has been no decision on the third drivers for the Le Mans 24 Hours: either Makowiecki and Christensen or both would be unavailable for the WEC blue-riband event and the Spa round in May should they land a seat in Porsche's third 919 Hybrid LMP1.
Luckily, it doesn't seem that there is any new info in it.

Last edited by CTD; 14 Dec 2014 at 20:18.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 22:03 (Ref:3485053)   #50
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At this rate we'll just have to wait and see. But testing gt drivers in the 919 seems unneccesary unless they were considered to run it next year. So anything goes with their abundance of available drivers able to take the helm in either the lmp1 or replacing the vacated GTE cars.