Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2083836)   #1
Carl McKellar
Rookie

Carl McKellar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call for BSCC/BTCC cars

Hello, everyone. This a call for your help with the BTCC's 50th birthday in 2008.

We're in the middle of pulling together a collection of ex-BSCC/BTCC cars for displays, possibly running demos during the 2008 season when the BTCC celebrates its golden anniversary.

We've already received plenty of offers and support, but wary of the tremendous knowledge that is shared on this forum - in particular this section - I wondered if anyone might be able to make any suggestions as to any other rarities/hidden gems out there?

Ideally, we'd be looking for cars in original or as near-to-original livery as possible. There'd likely be a lot of exposure - both public and media - for those cars we can use.

If anyone has any useful information, feel free to PM me.

Many thanks in advance.

Carl McKellar
BTCC Media Officer
Old 8 Dec 2007, 00:10 (Ref:2084038)   #2
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl McKellar
Hello, everyone. This a call for your help with the BTCC's 50th birthday in 2008.

We're in the middle of pulling together a collection of ex-BSCC/BTCC cars for displays, possibly running demos during the 2008 season when the BTCC celebrates its golden anniversary.

We've already received plenty of offers and support, but wary of the tremendous knowledge that is shared on this forum - in particular this section - I wondered if anyone might be able to make any suggestions as to any other rarities/hidden gems out there?

Ideally, we'd be looking for cars in original or as near-to-original livery as possible. There'd likely be a lot of exposure - both public and media - for those cars we can use.

If anyone has any useful information, feel free to PM me.

Many thanks in advance.

Carl McKellar
BTCC Media Officer
Carl

Sounds like a great idea; not knowing what you have already sourced it's very difficult to know what to offer. Can you let us know what cars you already have and what you actually want, remember most of the "favourite" cars of the late '70s and early '80s where the fan's favourites but not the winners, probabaly like now; wretched cars but no choice!!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 17:55 (Ref:2084439)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maserati Bi Turbo anyone?
Old 15 Dec 2007, 16:33 (Ref:2089571)   #4
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i believe 2 cars built
1 car in uk
1 euro series car and it can be bought!!