Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 May 2004, 09:56 (Ref:964088)   #1
transeuropexpre
Rookie

transeuropexpre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot to come back to the right touring car racing

Here it is, in portugese.

That means that Peugeot leaves the silhouette formula and joins Bmw Seat Vauxhall and Alfa in the real touring car racing.
Old 8 May 2004, 09:58 (Ref:964089)   #2
transeuropexpre
Rookie

www.sportmotores.com
Old 8 May 2004, 11:16 (Ref:964139)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
That would be great!

Can someone translate the article to English?

Last edited by FIRE; 8 May 2004 at 11:17.
Old 8 May 2004, 13:17 (Ref:964270)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Err, using the beautiful Babelfish program - you get this

Quote:
After recently the Nissan having demonstrated the interest in participating in the future Championship of the World of Turismos (WTCC), it is now the time of the Peugeot rival to make the same. The Peugeot Sport is at this moment to analyze the viability to embark in a program the official level in the future Championship of the World of Turismos (WTCC) that in 2005 it will have to substitute the European Championship of tourism (ETCC). In Vélizy, close to Paris, the technician French of the mark it lion is to study the potentialities of the new model 407 according to rules WEAVES Super 2000. The 407 seem to be the car that more goes to the meeting of the interests of the mark and its concessionaires the world-wide level, in that it respects to a championship of viaturas of Tourism, therefore the Peugeot is involved in the Championship of the World of Ralis with the 307. This year the mark of Sochaux made its estreia in the ETCC for intermediary of the Peugeot Sport Engineering. This Danish formation, supported for the Peugeot Sport, inscribed one 307 the entire time for the former-pilot of Formulates 1 Jan Magnussen. After having used the model of three-doors in the initial days, the Peugeot Sport Engineering waits to introduce the model of five-doors already from the end-of-week of Hockenheim.

I think that means they want to run a 407 in the WTCC :confused:
Old 8 May 2004, 16:16 (Ref:964377)   #5
transeuropexpre
Rookie

" I think that means they want to run a 407 in the WTCC "

And after, that would be hugely great, is it not ?
Old 8 May 2004, 16:18 (Ref:964378)   #6
transeuropexpre
Rookie

Peugeot vs Bmw and Seat, with (we can still hope they won't go for the dtm) Alfa Romeo.

What a cool view for Touring Cars coming back
Old 8 May 2004, 16:20 (Ref:964381)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The more competitors the better. As long as someone start's beating Dani's Alfa's, that's fine with me.

Did I miss the Nissan annoncement? Or was it that 'ugliest' touring car thread I remember for the Nissan Primera?

Why can't Renault run a touring car - the new(ish) Laguna's gorgeous [in preference to not letting Nissan have a go]. All these new shaped ug'-mobiles - (the Primera, the Vectra) make me ill.

Haven't seen the 407 yet.
Old 8 May 2004, 16:26 (Ref:964383)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazard
Why can't Renault run a touring car
Renault is already doing:
F1
Formula Renault V6
Formula Renault 2000
Formula Renault 1600
JWRC
Renault Clio Cup
Renault Clio V6

Quote:
Haven't seen the 407 yet.
Old 8 May 2004, 16:31 (Ref:964385)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Yeah, just found it...

If I did this...

Would you think it was an Aston Martin?

Okay - I know Renault do a lot. But they're not doing any major Touring Car series with either Nissan or the Renault marque at the minute.

They did F1 & BTCC at the same time before. As well as Rally, Clio's, Formula Renault etc... I don't think it's any bother to them.
Old 8 May 2004, 16:32 (Ref:964387)   #10
HJC
Racer

HJC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by transeuropexpre
Peugeot vs Bmw and Seat, with (we can still hope they won't go for the dtm) Alfa Romeo.
I hope we may add "vs Honda" to that list
Old 8 May 2004, 16:51 (Ref:964401)   #11
transeuropexpre
Rookie

Oh yes Honda would be great.Does somebody know if the Accord that made it's debuts last week-end in Magny-Cours was helped by the usine ?

And i am hoping for Volvo to come back too !
Old 8 May 2004, 16:57 (Ref:964406)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The STCC spec Volvo's are eligible I believe for the ETCC, just recently when people have run them, they haven't been competitive - even when Prodrive were running them.

Quote:
Does somebody know if the Accord that made it's debuts last week-end in Magny-Cours was helped by the usine ?
I think a bit of French snuck in there. If you mean was it factory backed - not really. The JAS Motorsport team has done most of the work itself on this, though they have pretty good ties with the Honda factory. It's expected to be more of a test run with full Honda backing to appear next year (simultaneous with ditching the BTCC effort no doubt)
Old 8 May 2004, 17:00 (Ref:964412)   #13
transeuropexpre
Rookie

And here in France more and more fans are hoping our Supertouring series won't be forget by the manufacturers next year !
Old 8 May 2004, 18:49 (Ref:964486)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The more competitors the better. As long as someone start's beating Dani's Alfa's, that's fine with me.
they can surely try . btw . i was cheering for Aiello and Pug 406 in STW

Ciao Marco
Old 9 May 2004, 08:44 (Ref:964811)   #15
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But wouldn't a 407 have even a tougher time in S2000? Except for the STW, the 406s really had trouble keeping up in the ST/S2000.
Old 9 May 2004, 10:03 (Ref:964856)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by kmchow
But wouldn't a 407 have even a tougher time in S2000? Except for the STW, the 406s really had trouble keeping up in the ST/S2000.
Do you mean because of the size of the car?
Old 9 May 2004, 10:13 (Ref:964865)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
indeed the BTCC 406 . was off the pace .. but i think the STW was Peugeot backed and the BTCC not .. were the regs different between BTCC and STW ??

Ciao Marco
Old 9 May 2004, 10:26 (Ref:964872)   #18
JEMMO
Racer

JEMMO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
indeed the BTCC 406 . was off the pace .. but i think the STW was Peugeot backed and the BTCC not .. were the regs different between BTCC and STW ??
The BTCC and STW 406's were both built to the same super touring regs and were both backed by Peugeot. The BTCC cars were definitely official manufacturer entries and Im pretty sure the STW cars were as well.
Old 9 May 2004, 10:34 (Ref:964877)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Who build the STW and BTCC cars? If I am right they were 2 different cars.
STW: Peugeot Sport?
BTCC: ?

Last edited by FIRE; 9 May 2004 at 10:35.
Old 9 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:964883)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
indeed it could be . but the difference in performance could be relative. maybe in BTCC the oposition was harder . in STW . they had BMW, Opel, AUDI's and rarely a 156(usually far behind exept when Larini raced ) . but in BTCC we had Volvo, Renault, Honda, Ford ..

Ciao Marco
Old 9 May 2004, 11:51 (Ref:964981)   #21
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The BTCC Peugeot 406's were run by Motor Sports Development(s) (MSD) during the Supertouring period.

I don't know what they're up to now.
Old 9 May 2004, 13:32 (Ref:965210)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
The BTCC Peugeot 406's were run by Motor Sports Development(s) (MSD) during the Supertouring period.

I don't know what they're up to now.
MSD did the Hyundai WRC project.

So the British 406's were developt by MSD and the German 406's by Peugeot Sport (in France).

Last edited by FIRE; 9 May 2004 at 13:32.
Old 9 May 2004, 15:55 (Ref:965559)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
advantage STW .. it would have been awesome . to have Aiello and the Pug in the golden period of BTCC . IMHO

Ciao Marco
Old 9 May 2004, 16:03 (Ref:965572)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well, we had Aiello. He drove the Nissan Primera to the title in 1999, run by RML - whom now run the Seat Toledo's in the BTCC.
Old 9 May 2004, 16:26 (Ref:965635)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
I know Hazard . it was the last BTCC season i was able to get cover around here ..

Ciao Marco