Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:05 (Ref:127322)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Most memorable F1 image?

Just wondered what everyones fav image is from the F1 archives.

Mine is seeing the cars of the early nineties striking up showers of sparks on their skid blocks.

Why o why can't we have sparks again?
Attached Thumbnails
smallersparks.jpg  
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:29 (Ref:127331)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good old Piquet on sparks again...
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:37 (Ref:127334)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woweeeee Bononi! Now that is a picture!!!
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:53 (Ref:127344)   #4
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me as a Jos Verstappen fan this is one of the most memorable moments:

Old 7 Aug 2001, 23:14 (Ref:127351)   #5
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me that would have to be this reminder of Ferrari's superb pit work in Malaysia this year, along with some of those hilarious captions.
Attached Thumbnails
asi4271_2.jpg  
Old 7 Aug 2001, 23:22 (Ref:127352)   #6
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can perhaps be a little more esoteric, mine is of two laps of Monaco. Please, let me explain....

I feel that nothing matches what you saw in the flesh. For instance, the 1965 Australian Grand Prix has many images firmly etched in my memory, so too the 1978 Adelaide round of the International series for F5000, and there are F5000 moments at Phillip Island that cannot be erased... Walker and Bartlett entering the straight through the big sweeper side by side, in the rain... on slicks ... power full on!

So come with me to Monaco in 1981. Piquet is leading, but Jones is creeping up on him, Villeneuve dropping back in a car that is purely uncompetitive on this circuit. The, about lap 48, Jones dropped in a lap that took a 1.2-second lump out of Piquet's lead of about four seconds...

The Brazilian was rattled! From that point on he was on the rev limiter with every gearchange, desperate to keep his lead... and simpoly overdid it and put it into the barriers between the chicane and the swimming pool.

Now, this is something you had to be watching closely to see... particularly that the start of it was a superbly done fast lap by Jones, but it was a memorable event.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 00:21 (Ref:127372)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Being an Alex Zanardi fan, my favourite image (and heartbreaking too) is a shot of Alex walking back to the pits at the last race of the '99 season in Japan. He made up about six places at the start, only for the Williams Supertec to lunch itself halfway around the first lap. The shot shows a contemplative man (almost shocked at the ****house season he has had), helmet under his arm, who just doesn't know what to do. He seems disappointed, yet is doing his best to look confident. It is a sad picture, and a lasting image in my mind.

Unfortunately, my stupid scanner is not working at the moment, so I can't show it to you.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 00:58 (Ref:127379)   #8
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top story, Ray!

I can't decide, so I'll attach 2 pics and even that's only because I didn't want to overload this thread with countless memorable images.

Picture no.1 is about war, about a duel, fought out like only on the track a war can be fought. To me it describes in 1 picture everything racing is about. Ultimo machismo.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2001, 00:58 (Ref:127380)   #9
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picture no.2 is about silence. No car, no crowd. Just one man trackside. Although at first sight the image of silence and peace forms this picture, after a while the man seems to overwhelm the track, to enbody the race at hand and maybe, just maybe, you can imagine the rolling thunder of onstorming cars. War is at hand. Again ultimo machismo.
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2001, 13:54 (Ref:127567)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MF: I would have thought that the one above of Peir-Luigi in his Minardi would have been more your thing!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:14 (Ref:127625)   #11
Wijs
Rookie

Wijs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent got copies of the images I guess many off you know the ones i mean, theres three classic images for me....

1) Hakkinen in Australia flying in the (then Marlboro) Mac about four feet off the ground.

2) Stefan Johanson in the Ferrari at Monaco (~1985) the turbo flashing back a huge flame out.

3) Any Gilles Villeneuve shot were he's hanging the rear out especailly in the 312T4 back 1979.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:22 (Ref:127630)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think words are needed.
Attached Thumbnails
for roland.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:23 (Ref:127633)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On a lighter note, this was certainly equalled by Burti in Germany.
Attached Thumbnails
gugelmin01.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:50 (Ref:127647)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, The first one is Roland Ratzenberger (thank you not posting the pics of his accidents)... but that's something to forget about.

The second is certainly Mauricio Gugelmim, I think in his March ? :confused:
Old 8 Aug 2001, 15:50 (Ref:127648)   #15
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Luca...

Poor Luca...
Attached Thumbnails
pic_96_arg1.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2001, 21:34 (Ref:127796)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
These aren't so much the most memorable as two favourites of mine:

http://www.dailyf1.com/data/photos/2...nday/pic03.jpg
(well, what else?!?)
http://www.dailyf1.com/data/photos/2...nday/pic09.jpg
(well...who else?!?)

But some of these are pretty memorable for me:

http://www.f1-grandprix.com./photos/diniz_fire.jpg
(Pedro Diniz in the 1996 Argentinian GP)

http://www.f1-grandprix.com./photos/estoril_96.jpg
(TGF just before Villeneuve overtook him around the outside of the Parabolica at Estoril - if anyone could find a picture of the actual move that'd be great )

http://www.f1-grandprix.com./photos/eaurouge_90.jpg
(wow!)
Old 8 Aug 2001, 21:40 (Ref:127797)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's great R Girl !!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 21:54 (Ref:127803)   #18
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I couldn't pick just one.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 23:42 (Ref:127864)   #19
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 of the best F1 drivers ever....
so sad that one has left us and the other drives for a S-h-i-t-e team.....
The Villeneuves....
Attached Thumbnails
gilles and jacques 1978.jpg  
Old 9 Aug 2001, 01:25 (Ref:127894)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by PoweredByHonda
2 of the best F1 drivers ever....
so sad that one has left us and the other drives for a S-h-i-t-e team.....
The Villeneuves....
Ok. PoweredByHonda, the only thing certain in the life is death... the rest you can work it out...
Old 9 Aug 2001, 13:24 (Ref:128051)   #21
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I know there are a lot of great moments in F1 history, but since I am a colombian, a JPM fan, well I chose these two.
Here`s the first one, monty wins pole at germany gp.
Attached Thumbnails
imqualmontoyacelebrates.jpg  

Last edited by kuchi; 9 Aug 2001 at 13:27.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 13:26 (Ref:128053)   #22
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the second one, monty and shumi in brazil.
Attached Thumbnails
imracemontoyaschu.jpg  
Old 9 Aug 2001, 19:35 (Ref:128187)   #23
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
http://www.f1-grandprix.com./photos/diniz_fire.jpg
(Pedro Diniz in the 1996 Argentinian GP)
I loved the paper headlines for that - "Diniz in the oven" !!

Last edited by Total-F1; 9 Aug 2001 at 19:37.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 19:58 (Ref:128205)   #24
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 1993 Autosport had the coverstory about Jos: "F1's hottest new boy"

in 1994 on the Hockenheim circuit he really was the hottest new boy

Last edited by steve nielsen; 9 Aug 2001 at 19:59.
Old 9 Aug 2001, 21:30 (Ref:128249)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's what I call: "Hot on the wheels"