Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 Nov 2003, 08:58 (Ref:782935)   #1
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should have know better

I am still very happy with my car, Am I happy with the Holden dealers well thats another story.

I took my car in for the first service earlier this week. All I wanted was the service, oil & filter change and a rattle coming from the steering wheel fixed.

All seemed ok they called early to say it was ready. I went in and they Advisor said there's the keys everythings fine see you later. So I asked about the rattle and the oil change. Oh we forgot about the oil change but the rattle is fixed. What was it I asked to then be told it was the parcel shelf. So I was slowly coming to the boil about then, so I asked them to do the oil change and then let me take the road tester for a drive. The road tester and I drive doen the drive way with him telling me the parcel shelf was loose and they have fixed it just as he had uttered those imortal words we hit a bump and the cover on the back of the wheel rattled. Ok fair enough I though at least he has heard it now. So we drove around for ten minutes while he is grabbing bits of the dash trying to stop the noise when finally i got the ****s told him to pull over and let me drive. As we drove down the road I showed him where the noise was and how to fix it.

The first and last time Holden service the car warranty or no warranty
Old 15 Nov 2003, 04:38 (Ref:783965)   #2
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear you, I hear you.

Been there done that...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:32 (Ref:785533)   #3
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I once had the (dis)pleasure of parting with about $200 worth of labour costs to trace and rectify a persistent problem with the front brakes. Turns out that the problem was officially caused by lose/worn caliper pins which moved slightly (or so I was told by a local mechanic who identified the problem and fixed it in around 45 mins for the cost of parts only- $85, what a top bloke, there should be more like him, sadly, he's now retired) The dealer had the car for a day, and I was told that the brakes always did that (I'm not a mechanic but I know when someting is not right and can usually give a reasonably accurate description of the problem how and when it happens and where it is coming from), next visit, they said there was a problem and lo and behold, no problem for a week then it happens again.

Needless to say, I don't go there any more...

Last edited by Mattracer; 17 Nov 2003 at 08:33.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 18 Nov 2003, 16:48 (Ref:787288)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its something people dont relise with main dealers or agents, they can charge whatever the hell they like for parts (labour they can over here still set at 35 Euro an hour)

Best example is a VW dealer near me, on a service if one of your bulbs are gone guess how much they charge (these are bog standard bulbs not H1/2/5) ???

10 Euro!!
20 for H2 bulbs

Its bloody crazy

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 18 Nov 2003, 16:57 (Ref:787297)   #5
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
35 eur an hour for labour - amazing ! In london you'll not get below UKĀ£ 50 plus vat so about 100 eur at any franchise - EUR 150 happens - I have a friend who has his Ferrari serviced in France as the saving pays for the weekend away
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:16 (Ref:794793)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still can't get over the Subaru dealership that had my car for 8 days over 2 4 day periods for a rattle and they couldn't find it and told me never to come back. The next place had the car for a day and a half before telling me it was fixed (which it was) and it was the right hand bonnet hinge.

The reason I went to the first dealership mentioned above was because of the one I went to before that. 1000km old and clutch makes a noise. They (finally) agree to change it. It comes back worse than i gave it to them (clutch shudder, stiff gears, bad steering) and I'm told it was a glazed clutch and it was my fault! They got the car given back after much arguing and replaced the clutch again - still blaming me. Now it turns out the clutch in most of these models make the noise and while it is not a fault, there is a kit to fix it and it's a brand new clutch in the latest model.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:46 (Ref:794815)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Rang the dealer this morning and told them about the engine noise, the bloke on the other end of the phone sighed and said "Oh yes you must have a V8 nothing we cna do about that"
Old 20 Mar 2004, 10:02 (Ref:911805)   #8
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Put an order in for the new car, this one I will keep come hell or high water...... Now the waiting
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:22 (Ref:912774)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What have you bought this time???????? Not an awfully ugly Magna Vrx limited edition.

Last edited by mtpanorama; 20 Mar 2004 at 21:23.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:35 (Ref:913539)   #10
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama
What have you bought this time???????? Not an awfully ugly Magna Vrx limited edition.
An XR6 Turbo my first choice the one I should have stuck with in the begining
Old 30 Mar 2004, 08:35 (Ref:923689)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Well the new XR6 Turbo in Mercury Silver arrives on the 13th of April.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:923737)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good onya Col you will love it.

Mines been great over the last year and 25,000 klms.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 11:19 (Ref:923830)   #13
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Thanks Moff now no more picking on Fords