Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Apr 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1278683)   #1
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USB Steering Wheel and PS2

Hi guys
Im looking for a little advice, I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari Force Feedback Steering Wheel which I used to very happily use on GPL and NASCAR 2002, but since I am now stuck with this old computer for a while I have to resort to my Playstation 2 for my racing fix. I am working my way through GT3 (using my wheel through the USB port) but when I tried GT4, I soon discovered it would not pick up my wheel and after ringing the help desk, it turns out that it only recognises the two steering wheels suggested in the book.
So my question is, do games like Grand Prix 2005 need a special wheel or will my trusty old Thrustmaster wheel work for everything but GT4?
Since a new computer is on the way soon, I dont want to but a special PS2 wheel, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jiminee
Old 15 Apr 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1278840)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a similar dilemma. A mate of mine had the 'rarri wheel and it was great to use, but i could never find one to replace the GT3 wheel i had nicked a few years ago. I waited a long time before deciding to go for the Logitech Driving Force Pro - it's not cheap (£90 ish) but was well worth it. It works on my PC as well as the PS2, and as far as i can tell is fully supported on most if not all games (GP3, GP4, GPL, various nascars on PC). As long as you find the right drivers, it should work on anything...
Old 15 Apr 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1278847)   #3
jiminee
Racer

It works on the PS2, my problem is that Sony got clever and designed the games so that you have to buy one of their wheels, which I dont want to do. So I would like to know which Playstation 2 games support a steering wheel used through the USB slot.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 01:32 (Ref:1279940)   #4
jiminee
Racer

Turns out the first guy I spoke to about this at a locl games store was a complete dunce. I now know all PS2 steering wheels work through the USB port, but Sony have worked out a way to only recognise 2 different types. So if any one knows of any games that will use any sort of steering wheel, can you please ad them here.
Thanks
Old 17 Apr 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1280744)   #5
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some for the list - GT3 and the Colin McRae series