JoshW
Rookie

JoshW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Schumacher's best finish to be 4th
2. Redbull to win both the WCC and the WDC
3. Lewis to come second in the WDC
4. Mark Webber to DNF whilst leading a race
5. Another Ferrari centred drama

But will there be more overtaking in 2011?
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2845350)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren will not win more than 3 races. (I hope I'm very wrong about this).

Alonso will benefit from team orders.

The Vettel vs Webber Part 3 thread will run to 140 pages, at least 19 more than Round 2 (and it must do this by the end of 31st December).

Rosberg will beat Schumacher on points AND wins (or highest-placed finishes in the event of no wins).

Kamui Kobayashi will get a podium.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2846526)   #53
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1: Only 18 GPs will be run counting toward the championships.
2: A huge finacial scandal will return control of F1 to the FIA.
3: Mercedes will win a race and score other podiums.
4: Quick Nick will have many team priciplals negotiating for his services for 2012.
5: Adrian Newey will win another Championship for RBR.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 02:46 (Ref:2846590)   #54
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Nick Heidfeld will finally win a Grand Prix
2. Team Lotus will be the only 'new team' to score points
3. Narrain Karthikeyan will fail to qualify on more than 3 occasions
4. Sebastien Buemi will be replaced by Daniel Ricciardo halfway through the season
5. Nobody will run a complete race with only 1 pitstop
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2848305)   #55
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. McLaren will win only 4 races this year(I hope I am wrong about this).
2. Webber will be overshadowed by Vettel, probably only wining 1 GP.
3. It will be an Alonso/Vettel fight out for the title.
4. The flappy wings and KERS won't make much difference to the racing.
5. The Indian race will be a Tilkedrome bore fest!
6. Williams won't much progress, I don't think they will make the podium(again I hope I'm wrong on this).
7. Mercedes will win at least 1 race, possibly down to a bad pitstop call from the other teams. Maybe with Schumi.
8. If Rosberg takes a win for Mercedes before Schumi, it will put Schumi's comeback in jeopardy.
9. McLaren will make two or three bad pitstop calls.
10. There will be three wet weather races this year(I hope there is more, but I can't control the weather, apparently Bernie can ).
11. Renault will get 1 podium.
12. Team Lotus won't get on to the podium.
13. Lewis will have three DNFs due to going for a gap which isn't there.
14. Schumi will have a "hard racing" incident with Alonso(re. last year's move on Rubens or his run ins with Damon).
15. Massa won't win a race.
16. Red Bull constructor's title and Ferrari the driver's title.
17. The McLaren will be rubbish around Monaco.
18. Kobayashi will perform some amazing overtakes. Including one at Monaco.

Last edited by stripedcat; 18 Mar 2011 at 19:06. Reason: adding stuff
Old 24 Mar 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2852499)   #56
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. The Pirelli tyres will be massively changed before mid season to last longer.
2. The movable wing will be an abysmal failure with both the fans and drivers.
3. Overtaking will be all down to pit stops as usual.
4. KERS won't make a difference.
5. Vettel, Alonso nor any of the favourites will win the first race.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2852568)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
5. Vettel, Alonso nor any of the favourites will win the first race.
Do you count McLaren as favourites?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:50 (Ref:2852572)   #58
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
That's why all predictions should be earily verifiable!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2852573)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Some more:

Narain Karthikeyan will outqualify Liuzzi on at least four occasions.
Rubens Barrichello will not finish the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Bernie will make at least one controversial remark that at least 3 UK newspapers will report on (this is a fairly verifiable prediction).
Daniel Ricciardo will race.
Nick Heidfeld will get a podium.
Nick Heidfeld will not win a race (I hope he does though).
Kamui Kobayashi will win the 'driver of the race' poll at least three times.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2852579)   #60
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Guaranteed. I was thinking today - Kobayashi must be a blessing to the Sauber strategy guys. Most drivers moan if a strategy call leaves them stuck behind an opponent, but Koba just overtakes them.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2852582)   #61
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Guaranteed. I was thinking today - Kobayashi must be a blessing to the Sauber strategy guys. Most drivers moan if a strategy call leaves them stuck behind an opponent, but Koba just overtakes them.
Yeah. He's got the right spirit. That's an exciting pairing at that team this year.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2852820)   #62
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Time to bury this thread and get the spade out at the end of November so we can probably mostly have a good chuckle at ourselves and also see just how scarily accurate we were on occasion.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2852882)   #63
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good point BR! I'd forgotten about closing it. Best of luck to all.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2992096)   #64
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Right, here's mine:

1) Sebastian Vettel will have the title tied-up with three races remaining
2) At least four drivers will feature for HRT
3) Renault will score at least one win.
4) Williams will score at least one win.
5) Two drivers will win their maiden Grands Prix.
Ouch! 1/5. How about you lot?
Old 27 Nov 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2992104)   #65
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
1) Mercedes GP will not win a GP this year
2) Sauber and Williams will fail to do anything inspirational this year, specifically no poles or podiums for either
3) Webber will win only one GP this season
4) Despite all the hype about his ability to be kind to tires, Button still won't be a contender for the WDC
5) The title will be decided in the second last race of the season
I'd probably score me at 4. The first 3 were good (lucky Webber won in Brazil), noone other than Vettel was in contention for the WDC (although Button did do better than I expected), but Vettel wrapped up the season earlier than I expected.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2992140)   #66
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Ok here we go !
1. Ferrari will make the most of team orders (at least 3 times)
2. In spite of the above Massa will be much stronger in 2011
3. Schumacher will be on the podium at least twice
4. Safety car will be brought out to clear Alonsos dummies of the track !
5. Mclaren and Red Bull fighting for both championships
0/5 ? Would anyone say Massa was stronger this year ? I was thinking about a point for number 5 but i do not think there was much fighting going on !!! What i should have put was Red Bull will walk all over Mclaren for both championships !!!!
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2992146)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
1. It will be announced that Massa is not driving a Ferrari in 2012.
2. TGF will have at least three podiums.
3. Three teams will win a race.
4. Five drivers will win a race.
5. We shall have a thread concerning the new rules and how they haven't worked and there is not enough overtaking in F1.
1. WRONG. Although that can only be because Ferrari are daft.
2. WRONG. Very wrong.
3. RIGHT. It was probably the five I thought would too.
4. RIGHT. Thanks to Webber winning the last race.
5. RIGHT(ish). We have threads about how the new rules haven't worked. However there are threads about how there is too much overtaking and also others about how there is not enough (at some races).
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2992151)   #68
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think i got 2 out of 5 right. no new winner, no Hamilton champion, no Schumacher wins, Vettel did beat Webber (by becoming two time champ) and Di Resta being best rookie (I had to check the table on that one)
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2992157)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
McLaren will not win more than 3 races. (I hope I'm very wrong about this).

Alonso will benefit from team orders.

The Vettel vs Webber Part 3 thread will run to 140 pages, at least 19 more than Round 2 (and it must do this by the end of 31st December).

Rosberg will beat Schumacher on points AND wins (or highest-placed finishes in the event of no wins).

Kamui Kobayashi will get a podium.
1 out of 5 isn't bad; merely terrible.

1. Glad to be wrong.
2. They weren't necessary for him this year.
3. Oh dear. I knew this one was going wrong a long time ago. 64 so far and I don't foresee 76 pages of debate about gearbox conspiracy theories and why Webber was being hampered all along, so that's three wrong.
4. Correct, but that was never an unlikely result.
5. This one was always a bit unlikely. Alas it didn't happen, but he still had a strong year with perhaps less impact on the public consciousness.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2992161)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Some more:

Narain Karthikeyan will outqualify Liuzzi on at least four occasions.
Rubens Barrichello will not finish the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Bernie will make at least one controversial remark that at least 3 UK newspapers will report on (this is a fairly verifiable prediction).
Daniel Ricciardo will race.
Nick Heidfeld will get a podium.
Nick Heidfeld will not win a race (I hope he does though).
Liuzzi's not great, but my prediction that I used to demonstrate that viewpoint was wide of the mark.

Oh dear. I'm pleased he did though.

Can anyone jog my memory on this? I'm sure he's said a few controversial things, but as there was nothing along the lines of "I am the new Hitler, getting things done, and I like Vettel because he comes from the country that brought us the Third Reich", none stick in the mind.

Yes.

Yes!

YES!

Off to check this one, but I don't think he won one.

Last edited by Born Racer; 27 Nov 2011 at 22:03.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2992166)   #71
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
1. Heidfeld and Rosberg will win at least 1 GP
2. Rosberg will outscore Schumacher again
3. At least 4 different teams will win a race
4. Webber will have more points than Vettel halfway through the season
5. Schumacher will not win a race
1. wrong
2. right
3. wrong
4. wrong
5. right

2 out of 5 still sucks
Old 27 Nov 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2992171)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
4. wrong
May I add 'very wrong'?

Mine suck too.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 04:30 (Ref:2992269)   #73
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
1. Alonso will win the title.
2. Virgin will beat Team Lotus.
3. Toro Rosso will make a driver change during the season.
4. Hispania won't score points, but will make it to the season's end.
5. There will be no new winning drivers.
1. WRONG
2. Very WRONG - ended up going backwards instead of forwards.
3. What before the season was a nailed-on certainty turned out WRONG.
4. CORRECT
5. (Unfortunately) CORRECT

2/5. Not exactly stellar stuff, but better than some so far
Old 28 Nov 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2992311)   #74
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
1. Ferrari will win the WCC
2. Renault's forward exhausts will result in at least one fire at an event.
3. Button will not win a race
4. Barrichello will not get a podium in 2011
5. Schumacher will get a podium
Hmmmm
Ferrari did not win the WCC
Renault had a fire?
Button DID win a race after all
Barrichello did not get a podium
Schumacher did NOT get a podium so 3/2....
Old 28 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2992325)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
1) Mark Webber will win the 2011 WDC
2) McLaren will win the 2011 WCC
3) Daniel Ricciardo will start for, and score points for, Scuderia Toro Rosso
4) Rubens Barrichello will score a win for Williams
5) Team Lotus (nee 1Malaysia) will finish higher in the WCC than Lotus Renault (nee Group Lotus/RenaultF1)
Jeez.. 0/5

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods